Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:56 AM   #152

nfc is automatically turned on when u initiate samsungpay
Okay thanks.. So battery saving since no need on nfc permanently
oriserzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:23 AM   #153
Master Member

turn on permanently if u using it for transportation with nfc transit sim card or if u want it to auto launch samsungpay when placed near a nfc payment terminal like how applepay works.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:05 AM   #154
Arch-Supremacy Member

Use this samsung pay no need to sign credit card?

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 10+ 512GB/12GB Ram / Mi 9 128GB/6GB Ram/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm/Osmo Pocket/TAB S4 10.1
MIVEC525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:42 AM   #155
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do we need nfc to be on for this?
I also want to know...
nfc is automatically turned on when u initiate samsungpay
turn on permanently if u using it for transportation with nfc transit sim card or if u want it to auto launch samsungpay when placed near a nfc payment terminal like how applepay works.
no I don't think so it works this way.. if your nfc is turned off, you cannot launch Samsung pay automatically when you place your phone near the reader. however if you launch simple pay when nfc is turned off, simple pay will turn on nfc for that transaction then turns off again.

if your nfc is turned on, both transit ezlink and Samsung pay will work automatically..

I haven't got the chance to try out if it works like apple pay, meaning automatically launch Samsung pay for transaction when placed near the reader..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #156
Supremacy Member

no I don't think so it works this way.. if your nfc is turned off, you cannot launch Samsung pay automatically when you place your phone near the reader. however if you launch simple pay when nfc is turned off, simple pay will turn on nfc for that transaction then turns off again.

if your nfc is turned on, both transit ezlink and Samsung pay will work automatically..

I haven't got the chance to try out if it works like apple pay, meaning automatically launch Samsung pay for transaction when placed near the reader..
this is what I am quite curious about as well. will samsung pay activate on its own when placed near terminals if NFC is running? because I find it quite troublesome to scroll up and activate easy pay, but didnt want to waste everyone's time in the queue by not running it in advance and having to fumble to start samsung pay up if it really doesnt work.

anyway, I was able to pay at NTUC, but not at SPC petrol station opposite my place. tried twice but failed. wonder what is causing it.

Last edited by deskoh91; 04-06-2016 at 09:57 AM..
deskoh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #157

Just tried it at sushi express. Dam cool xD
Fyero92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #158
Master Member

thats what I meant.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #159
Arch-Supremacy Member

this is what I am quite curious about as well. will samsung pay activate on its own when placed near terminals if NFC is running? because I find it quite troublesome to scroll up and activate easy pay, but didnt want to waste everyone's time in the queue by not running it in advance and having to fumble to start samsung pay up if it really doesnt work.

anyway, I was able to pay at NTUC, but not at SPC petrol station opposite my place. tried twice but failed. wonder what is causing it.
samsung pay doesn't know which is your default card for payment, so i doubt it will work. but no harm trying man.. been too busy to try out these few days..
Old 04-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #160
Great Supremacy Member

Question is if you add your wife card or mistress card other than yours, it can become a problem despite properly setting up all the card info, signiture but using one device fingerprint?
Jackygogogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #161
Master Member

Question is if you add your wife card or mistress card other than yours, it can become a problem despite properly setting up all the card info, signiture but using one device fingerprint?
dont understand your question
Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #162
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not ready. Cards added requires authentication with bank. Either by SMS or by calling bank. U can abuse and kill the system by stealing the phone and get the OTP, then u prepare to answer to the law lor..
Old 04-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #163

Yea I'm am connected to wifi. I added my ocbc card without problems. Anyone here added more than 1 card?
I think for the beta, you can only add the card(s) you specified when you sign up. Did you specify more than one card during registration?
captylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:44 AM   #164
Arch-Supremacy Member

tried for the first time at mcdonalds today with simple pay but didn't work(maybe bcos NFC was off?)

2nd attempt was at cheers, worked successfully
Old 05-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #165
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think for the beta, you can only add the card(s) you specified when you sign up. Did you specify more than one card during registration?
Mainstream beta users are strongly encouraged to add the cards which was used for the sign up, but doesn't mean one has to comply.. on't

I added citibank cards during registration but only added one ocbc and one posb cards only.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.