samsung pay

kirium76

Reaction score
Works for me on MRT gantry, you will still need to activate samsung pay app upon exit.
I am on S3 frontier, using phone is easier as the screen can be off.
Maybe it doesn't work on different readers. Tried on bus and various train stations also kena error. Do I have to register simplygo account first?

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe it doesn't work on different readers. Tried on bus and various train stations also kena error. Do I have to register simplygo account first?

no need samsung pay is standalone and not related to simlygo, simplygo is just an app to track usage on the card you use for transit

vintot

Reaction score
do you guys still getting points by using in bus/mrt? no points added today in my account.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you guys still getting points by using in bus/mrt? no points added today in my account.

no points, no 10 cents charge not sure how often they reset when we use the transit system on samsung pay

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Theres a separate thread for Samsung pay transit, maybe you guys can refer there.

The holding value will incur likely every few days if you are taking the transit regularly. Transitlink posts charges every week if you did not hit the minimum value of transaction, if not they will charge the moment you shoot over the minimum value.

Once the transaction is posted to the bank, the holding value incurs again and the whole cycle repeats every week or every few days depending on your usage

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tested my posb card on my note 9 this morning.
both bus n mrt cannot detect.
added it to samsung pay transport card.
is it because my posb card is already activated as ezlink reload ??

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NFC was on? Ezlink reload is just top up the CAN ezlink ID when it is $0 value dont think is related.

micshang

Reaction score

Did u change your POSBank card to bank usage? Have to change it at the GTM (General Ticket machine).

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Works for me on MRT gantry, you will still need to activate samsung pay app upon exit.
I am on S3 frontier, using phone is easier as the screen can be off.

So it works for the Gear S3 watch even if I do not activate Samsung Pay on the watch when entering the MRT gantry? Nice! Saves a lot of hassle.

Also, when you guys mentioned that you can use your phone to pay even with the screen off, must NFC be turned on at all times or can you use it without having to turn on NFC all the time?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score

Make sure you follow the instructions to change the Default NFC method to Android operating system instead of leaving it on Auto Select. Or like me, needing to set it to SE SIM card since I still have value in my NFC Sim's EZLink.

But since I use SIM card EZLink currently, mine is set on Auto.

Last edited:

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Make sure you follow the instructions to change the Default NFC method to Android operating system instead of leaving it on Auto Select. Or like me, needing to set it to SE SIM card since I still have value in my NFC Sim's EZLink.

Mine is still auto select, it works

PongRareRare

Reaction score
So it works for the Gear S3 watch even if I do not activate Samsung Pay on the watch when entering the MRT gantry? Nice! Saves a lot of hassle.

Also, when you guys mentioned that you can use your phone to pay even with the screen off, must NFC be turned on at all times or can you use it without having to turn on NFC all the time?

I believe so long as you on it when you need to tap, it'll be fine, but isn't it a hassle to on and off? I usually off my NFC cos I don't need it on. Now with this, I decided to on it all the time

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Did u change your POSBank card to bank usage? Have to change it at the GTM (General Ticket machine).
Don't have to. That conversion is only to use the physical card for tap. If just want to use phone to tap then don't need to do the conversion. I'm using POSB every on phone, never did the conversion (still Ez-link)

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT

kirium76

Reaction score
So can I confirm that for Samsung phones, there is no need to activate samsung pay app before tapping the reader? Likewise is there a need to activate samsung pay app for gear watch too before tapping?

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
So can I confirm that for Samsung phones, there is no need to activate samsung pay app before tapping the reader? Likewise is there a need to activate samsung pay app for gear watch too before tapping?

Not true, I tried with my Galaxy A7 this morning. Cannot tap with phone screen off. I needed to go into Samsung Pay then can tap.
And my default payment mode is Samsung Pay.

I suspect its dependent on the Samsung Pay s/w version.
I am currently on 3.8.01 which don't have the option of setting tapping with screen off.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.