samsung pay

MIVEC525

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not true, I tried with my Galaxy A7 this morning. Cannot tap with phone screen off. I needed to go into Samsung Pay then can tap.
And my default payment mode is Samsung Pay.

I suspect its dependent on the Samsung Pay s/w version.
I am currently on 3.8.01 which don't have the option of setting tapping with screen off.

Maybe flagship model than can...yours mid range....

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it works after i changed the Default NFC method to Android OS.
my previous settings was auto select.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So can I confirm that for Samsung phones, there is no need to activate samsung pay app before tapping the reader? Likewise is there a need to activate samsung pay app for gear watch too before tapping?

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

in samsung pay, set the transport the card to ur mastercard. turn on nfc in the phone settings. u can now tap with the screen off. do not open samsung pay app or it will fail when u tap the phone.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
in samsung pay, set the transport the card to ur mastercard. turn on nfc in the phone settings. u can now tap with the screen off. do not open samsung pay app or it will fail when u tap the phone.

What phone are u using?
Care to share what Samsung pay s/w version is your phone at?

saddams wife

Reaction score
Checking in as yet another Samsung Pay user who successfully paid for bus ride.

Scenario as below:

S8plus. Screen was locked. Screen was asleep. "First" app is not Samsung pay.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checking in as yet another Samsung Pay user who successfully paid for bus ride.

Scenario as below:

S8plus. Screen was locked. Screen was asleep. "First" app is not Samsung pay.
what if the app is force closed?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

xternity

Reaction score
Hi guys just to check when we use ezlink there is bus or train transfer rebate ,but when I use Samsung pay to tap for transfer there is only bank usage appearing on the machine

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just to check when we use ezlink there is bus or train transfer rebate ,but when I use Samsung pay to tap for transfer there is only bank usage appearing on the machine

you get mastercard rebates depends on the bank your card is from.. after hitting > 15x usage or days of usage you be charge 50cents = samsung points

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score

I remember that the usual transfer rebates still applies.
That's why they trial it for a while last year.
Only concession rates for student or elders do not apply.

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score

Download SimplyGo app and you can see fare notification on phone immediately after tapping out

colourpalette

Reaction score
Anyone with the new Samsung Galaxy watch active? The gantry don't seems to work with the watch for mine. Anyone with similar issues? My s10 works fine

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
esso near tjc says all esso in Singapore not yet start contactless payment, although someone here said he did that in one esso

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what can i do with the samsung pay reward pts?
using samsung pay as mrt card since last week, noticed that there is samsung pay reward pts

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what can i do with the samsung pay reward pts?
using samsung pay as mrt card since last week, noticed that there is samsung pay reward pts

redeem vouchers and item .... check your samsung pay rewards page

FishandWater

Reaction score
Does anyone encounter a problem when using Samsung Pay ( I paired it with Amex)

The terminal actually asked you for the card 4 digit Pin? Somehow this two days when I use the terminal prompt me for it and I have to key the Amex card 4 digit pin.

Anyone know what's with the pin thing. Since it kinda defeat the purpose if I have to carry the card around

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone encounter a problem when using Samsung Pay ( I paired it with Amex)

The terminal actually asked you for the card 4 digit Pin? Somehow this two days when I use the terminal prompt me for it and I have to key the Amex card 4 digit pin.

Anyone know what's with the pin thing. Since it kinda defeat the purpose if I have to carry the card around

I think it is your Amex.
I don't have to key in CC pin at terminal with my visa and MasterCard.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.