samsung pay

earthtk

Reaction score
Just wondering, will Samsung pay work for petrol stations? Like the 7% credit rebate for UOB one for shell.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, will Samsung pay work for petrol stations? Like the 7% credit rebate for UOB one for shell.

yes it does. i have been using citibank on samsung pay for the rebates as well.

u just need to mention the bank and say use phone to pay, they won't bother checking also..

earthtk

Reaction score

u just need to mention the bank and say use phone to pay, they won't bother checking also..
Ah ok thank you!

louis23

Reaction score
Since 2 days ago my Samsung Pay has not been working when paying at various merchants (including NTUC and Cold Storage). Whether its using NFC or MST method, none of my cards could work, until I took out my physical card to tap and payment went through. Anybody else facing the same problem recently too?

p.s. my tap2go for public transport works just fine.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since 2 days ago my Samsung Pay has not been working when paying at various merchants (including NTUC and Cold Storage). Whether its using NFC or MST method, none of my cards could work, until I took out my physical card to tap and payment went through. Anybody else facing the same problem recently too?

p.s. my tap2go for public transport works just fine.

Check your nfc settings... If tap and pay is default to samsung pay

dakeda

Reaction score
Was using Google Pay with SC MasterCard added on S8±. Bus & MRT no problem. But must wake up phone, no need unlock.

If I switch to Samsung Pay, do I need to wake up phone when tapping in & out? Appreciate advice.

Edit: After going through previous posts, seems like no need to wake up and unlock phone.

Last edited:

Eidekos

Reaction score
LOL. just figure out this transport card tap and go. I always open samsung pay and finger print to pay ride. will try tap & go tomorrow. :s13::s13:

btw i dont have google pay.

aw1007

Reaction score
Was using Google Pay with SC MasterCard added on S8±. Bus & MRT no problem. But must wake up phone, no need unlock.

If I switch to Samsung Pay, do I need to wake up phone when tapping in & out? Appreciate advice.

Edit: After going through previous posts, seems like no need to wake up and unlock phone.
No need to wake the screen,just need to turn on NFC.Samsung pay can works even with screen being turn offed.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I recently tried using the Samsung pay transport card method to test it's recognition speed and find that it's actually faster when the screen is off, compared to tapping with the screen on, or with the screen at the Samsung pay transport card page.. there seems to be this 1 second lag when scanning it with the screen on.. and it's almost instant when the screen is off.

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for Korean Samsung phones need Korean SIM, no work around. Maybe can use Google Pay instead?

So I put in a Korean sim ..set up Samsung pay ..it will work ?

I'm using Google pay now but I have all my loyalty cards in the Samsung pay.. want to initiate it for that purpose only

greddy88

Reaction score

Say SPC give 10% upfront, then the rest 6% in the form of rebates in POSB Everyday card.
If I use SS Pay, will the 6% be recognized?

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Say SPC give 10% upfront, then the rest 6% in the form of rebates in POSB Everyday card.
If I use SS Pay, will the 6% be recognized?

ss pay is just a dital wallet .. works like a normal credit card whatever rebates your card gives it should be the same

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.