samsung pay

laladuck

Reaction score
Samsung CSO just told me yesterday that NFC will auto turn on for transport. Tried and failed. Kena conned :(

For simply go NFC has to be turned on if you want to tap without unlocking. Normal payment method nfc need not turn on as spay will temporarily enable nfc in app during authentication /payment

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
call the banks and ask.. they have this info where it's not shown on simply go website.. same as the previous MasterCard issue where your cards gets permanently blocked if you perform 1024 contactless transactions without any chip transactions inbetween.

otherwise, you can ownself test the 21 transactions if you don't believe. :)

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Huh means if I exclusively use gpay/Samsung pay on a mastercard it will get blocked sooner or later?

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
call the banks and ask.. they have this info where it's not shown on simply go website.. same as the previous MasterCard issue where your cards gets permanently blocked if you perform 1024 contactless transactions without any chip transactions inbetween.

otherwise, you can ownself test the 21 transactions if you don't believe. :)

Off topic but I have been using my posb MasterCard for many paywave transactions at shops and suddenly it cannot paywave anymore. No wonder lah.

Then how about for Visa? Same 1024 contactless payment and blocked permanently?

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Off topic but I have been using my posb MasterCard for many paywave transactions at shops and suddenly it cannot paywave anymore. No wonder lah.

Then how about for Visa? Same 1024 contactless payment and blocked permanently?

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT
no.. this security feature is only applicable to mastercards issued awhile ago.. the issue should not affect more recent mastercards since they have increased this limit to a much high limit.. can't remember how much exactly but it's in the range of 10-20k

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Encountered connection failed.
Staff told me the terminal down.
Usual days no problem.

rlvzpSH.jpg

P/S: tried with physical card also cannot

Last edited:

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pay by phone super fast and easy, by Samsung Watch, it's slow!

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

When I use to pay for train rides via the Samsung Watch, do I have to switch on the Samsung Pay app?

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
using snapdragon US set, Samsung pay does not have settings for transit card.

timothybo

Reaction score
M1DRgtNl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Hi new to this. How often does these rewards update or it's totally random?

If my points expiring I can only redeem things from here? I saw a different set of rewards online but seem to be for Samsung US. For Singapore, we can only redeem vouchers in the app?

Keladin

Reaction score
nyOwoQ5l.jpg

New Samsung Pay reward to redeem the Note 10 clear view case for 10 points.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.