HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #181
Master Member

saw this notice in the Samsungpay app just now when paying for my dinner.

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 PM   #182

previously got forumer said popular bookstore reject samsung pay apple pay... this is confirmed. they only allow physical card because when u tap phone, their terminal cannot detect the cc type to print out rebates and redeem info in the receipt. so they claim that their terminals are not ready for phone payment until they can print out the rebates info.
even if u pay with physical card, some cashiers may ask u to take out the card to see, they don't like u to tap wallet.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #183
Arch-Supremacy Member

previously got forumer said popular bookstore reject samsung pay apple pay... this is confirmed. they only allow physical card because when u tap phone, their terminal cannot detect the cc type to print out rebates and redeem info in the receipt. so they claim that their terminals are not ready for phone payment until they can print out the rebates info.
even if u pay with physical card, some cashiers may ask u to take out the card to see, they don't like u to tap wallet.
i see, i'm not sure what rebates are they talking about, but lets just comply to their store policies then.

but then again, if i see the nfc reader i won't even say samsung pay. just contactless payment or pay wave pay pass lor..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #184

i see, i'm not sure what rebates are they talking about, but lets just comply to their store policies then.

but then again, if i see the nfc reader i won't even say samsung pay. just contactless payment or pay wave pay pass lor..
some credit cards have 1-5% rebates at some shops.

the cashiers are trained already. u say paywave/paypass, then they will ask u whether u r paying with phone or card. if phone, they tell u not ready. pay by card, they want to see your card.

Last edited by AnDyLe0; 07-06-2016 at 09:20 PM..
AnDyLe0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #185
Arch-Supremacy Member

some credit cards have 1-5% rebates at some shops.

the cashiers are trained already. u say paywave/paypass, then they will ask u whether u r paying with phone or card. if phone, they tell u not ready. pay by card, they want to see your card.
i always thought its linked to the bank more of that physical card.

anyway, at toast box i still get my $1 off any set meal purchased with visa pay wave what. whats so demanding at popular?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #186

Tried samsung pay for the first time at streats hk cafe, first few attempts failed but idk what the cashier pressed then finally went through. The receipt indicated 'contactless sale' and 'paywave' though. Paid using my dbs debit, the terminal was ocbc, not sure if it matters.

Last edited by berber; 07-06-2016 at 11:10 PM..
berber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #187
Master Member

the wait will be over soon for those who didn't get selected for samsung pay beta program since June is the last month in Q2.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:45 PM   #188
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pay petrol at Esso at yio Chu kang....failed!
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:45 AM   #189

so far; bank - dbs/posb

robinsons and it show expo card reader : ok
burger king amk pay pass : ok
stall at changi city point : ok
bratpack : ok

funny thing is you have to explain over and over that the technology works. and keep telling they dun support apple or mobile payments. LOL
lxLionHartxl likes this.
neonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #190

Tried samsung pay for the first time at streats hk cafe, first few attempts failed but idk what the cashier pressed then finally went through. The receipt indicated 'contactless sale' and 'paywave' though. Paid using my dbs debit, the terminal was ocbc, not sure if it matters.
It doesn't really matter which bank card you have. PayWave (Visa) and PayPass (Mastercard) are considered contactless sale. There are 2 types of POS terminals that can do transactions. The bigger machine with numbers uses MST, the contactless reader uses NFC.
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #191

It doesn't really matter which bank card you have. PayWave (Visa) and PayPass (Mastercard) are considered contactless sale. There are 2 types of POS terminals that can do transactions. The bigger machine with numbers uses MST, the contactless reader uses NFC.
Sorry for my ignorance, but there are two kinds of big machines with numbers... one is the slot in your card from the bottom kind and the other is the swipe kind, I think only the swipe one accepts mst?
perdifcation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #192
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but there are two kinds of big machines with numbers... one is the slot in your card from the bottom kind and the other is the swipe kind, I think only the swipe one accepts mst?
all singapore approved models will come with 2 transaction method, one is EMV chip type and one is magnetic swipe type..

u gotta know which one to scan at though.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #193

Those are the POS terminals, they accept both swipe and insert. MST is used for both. Insert cos of SG cards, Swipe is for foreigners. Likewise, it should work for us when we go overseas. (There is an option to activate magstripe for overseas use in our ibanks)
Old 08-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #194

Saw a thread going on about which merchants that applepay can be used, which is nice as it means those can be used for Samsungpay too.

Which shops don't have the contactless reader but Samsungpay works after beta testing?

Was at vivocity, tried the MST only and these worked successfully when I paid:

1) mono yono
2) madam kwan's
3) Garret's popcorn

Used Ocbc titanium on Samsungpay.
manualvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #195

Saw a thread going on about which merchants that applepay can be used, which is nice as it means those can be used for Samsungpay too.

Which shops don't have the contactless reader but Samsungpay works after beta testing?

Was at vivocity, tried the MST only and these worked successfully when I paid:

1) mono yono
2) madam kwan's
3) Garret's popcorn

Used Ocbc titanium on Samsungpay.
It's good to see such 'healthy' competition between Apple and Samsung, it never bores me. But what I can say is this, what can be paid using ApplePay can be used for SamsungPay. So their list is Samsung's list too! But what SamsungPay can pay, MST, ApplePay can't. So if we agree to create a list, might as well state the MST shops, there are shop that doesn't even have any and only accept NETs
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.