HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #196
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's good to see such 'healthy' competition between Apple and Samsung, it never bores me. But what I can say is this, what can be paid using ApplePay can be used for SamsungPay. So their list is Samsung's list too! But what SamsungPay can pay, MST, ApplePay can't. So if we agree to create a list, might as well state the MST shops, there are shop that doesn't even have any and only accept NETs
i think lets not head towards the MST defined shops at the moment in order to curb inconveniences.

these shops don't have contactless reader has a reason for it, so if you push MST, it might be inconvenient for the merchant to untangle the wires, lift up the terminal and point towards you for the MST transaction...

as long as samsung pay is still in beta testing stage, lets use it for the sake of exploration instead of using it as a full fledged service which apparently samsung pay has not been officially launched here yet..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #197

i think lets not head towards the MST defined shops at the moment in order to curb inconveniences.

these shops don't have contactless reader has a reason for it, so if you push MST, it might be inconvenient for the merchant to untangle the wires, lift up the terminal and point towards you for the MST transaction...

as long as samsung pay is still in beta testing stage, lets use it for the sake of exploration instead of using it as a full fledged service which apparently samsung pay has not been officially launched here yet..
Indeed, no fault in what you said. Samsung did put in their announcement about "Notice on Store Testing" not to inconvenient them. So we, as testers, users should comply and respect both parties: Samsung and merchants.

With the rising publicity on UOB Almighty, ApplePay and SamsungPay (Android Pay on their way), and the long forgotten, under-used Dash (Stand Chart if I recall), sooner or later many shops would want to use contactless readers or NFC terminals and join in. Of course it still up to merchant if they want to participate in it, since these terminals are rented.
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #198

I just made a purchase in SPC. My 1st attempt prompted a "Please select another ... ". I didn't read fast enough and only saw those 3 words. Oddly, I only have 1 card added. Anyone else seen this before?

I used my DBS Visa Debit on a DBS contactless reader at Balestier SPC.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #199
Master Member

beta testing means putting a small group of users to expose the product to real world usage.

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:10 AM   #200
Arch-Supremacy Member

beta testing means putting a small group of users to expose the product to real world usage.
Go on... i dont know if i got your point..
Old 10-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #201

used it at starbucks this morning. cashier keep telling me i should tap it to the nfc reader instead of hovering it to the magswiper. i told them samsung pay can be used in the device its different from apple pay.

after few seconds receipt came out no more words. LOL
neonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #202
Arch-Supremacy Member

used it at starbucks this morning. cashier keep telling me i should tap it to the nfc reader instead of hovering it to the magswiper. i told them samsung pay can be used in the device its different from apple pay.

after few seconds receipt came out no more words. LOL
Got reader don't use? Wanna try mst then go try at self checkout or places where nfc reader not available lor..
Old 10-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #203

Jun 16 is the launch day of samsung pay
nanotech25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #204
Arch-Supremacy Member

Jun 16 is the launch day of samsung pay
http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/sma...ore-on-june-16

seller4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #205

any promos? like for apple pay
AventureLanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #206
Arch-Supremacy Member

I also wish... if got like rebates like apple pay, I will have more motivation to spend.

if not, just for the fun of the technology only..
Old 11-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #207
Arch-Supremacy Member

No sure about launch but I think the first 50 trial users can get $50 capital vouchers if you use 5x Samsung Pay this week.

seller4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #208

No sure about launch but I think the first 50 trial users can get $50 capital vouchers if you use 5x Samsung Pay this week.
Must be more precised.. 1st 50 customer with 5 transaction done from today till Tuesday, (11th - 14th June).
Old 11-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #209

exactly other then the MST in Samsung Pay, isn't the Starhub Smartwallet similar? Has anyone tried doing it with a credit card stored?
jlekssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #210
Arch-Supremacy Member

exactly other then the MST in Samsung Pay, isn't the Starhub Smartwallet similar? Has anyone tried doing it with a credit card stored?
i think u got confused. smart wallet is no where near samsung pay or even mst.

smart wallet needs nfc sim card and the cards in there are prepaid cards if i'm not wrong.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.