Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #2146
Supremacy Member

new promotion in app

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #2147

Very tired of cashiers dunno about MST payment of Samsung Pay. Every time have to ask them to let me try den they will say their machine don't accept. I need to say at least 5 times to please let me try, no harm. Den sometimes they allow me to try and of cos, I can do it. Some die die don't let me try, insist the machine don't accept. Any authority is in charge of educating payment mode in general?
PongRareRare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #2148
Great Supremacy Member

Very tired of cashiers dunno about MST payment of Samsung Pay. Every time have to ask them to let me try den they will say their machine don't accept. I need to say at least 5 times to please let me try, no harm. Den sometimes they allow me to try and of cos, I can do it. Some die die don't let me try, insist the machine don't accept. Any authority is in charge of educating payment mode in general?
Just tell them pay by paywave
Nevereatrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #2149
Supremacy Member

he's talking about swipe

joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #2150
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can report to MAS for denying a payment mode and you can talk to the manager of that outlet lor.

What is behind the scene, like the transaction charges in different banks is not our problem. As long as they did not display the notice of refusal to accept samsung pay, then they cannot deny this mode of payment. MAS requires merchant to put up a notice to inform consumer first or else they have to accept, its by law.

If their old machine cannot accept and in fact they are telling you from experience, then probably you gotta be embarrassed.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #2151
Arch-Supremacy Member

pay wave is a visa trademark branding. Mastercard is paypass.

If user said the wrong thing and merchant assumed the wrong thing, then its gonna be a hassle reversing back.

Best is to use "contactless payment". All shopping malls' tenants should know, unless u talking about those illiterates.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #2152
Great Supremacy Member

he's talking about swipe

I know but Paywave is understood by all merchants. If he insist on swipe then not all merchants know this. So i suggest he use paywave instead. Still a contactless payment. So far i never come across anybody who don't know paywave
Been using this payment method for years

Last edited by Nevereatrice; 03-03-2019 at 09:15 PM..
Nevereatrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #2153

I use paywave and paypass accordingly. That I know. Haha
And all the cashier also know mobile phone can be use for contactless.
Anyway, I'm never rude, so I can just "oh, so it doesn't work" if it so happen that the machine don't accept. I always suggest to let me try politely. Just that it will take a while for them to let me try. If there's a queue and they say no, I will just reach for my bag, unzip, take some cash out. Once in a while, some will let me try and I have yet to experience any machine that do not accept Samsung Pay (MST).
PongRareRare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #2154
Master Member

pay wave is a visa trademark branding. Mastercard is paypass.

If user said the wrong thing and merchant assumed the wrong thing, then its gonna be a hassle reversing back.

Best is to use "contactless payment". All shopping malls' tenants should know, unless u talking about those illiterates.
Whether paywave (visa) or paypass (master), can still use both types of credit card on that same equipment. No difference according to my experiences in fairpirce, sheng siong and giant stores.

A few years ago, I didn't even know about this paywave thing until fairpirce cashiers told me to ownself tap my posb master card on that equipment for tapping and said this is new method of payment called paywave. Then now I see that thing for tapping is no more in use, instead replaced by one kind of terminal that can swipe cards or tap (or hold near) also.

So now whether I use my visa card, mastercard, Note 9 or Samsung watch to pay, I always tell the fairprice, sheng siong and giant cashiers that I am paying by paywave.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

Last edited by PeasantBeing; 03-03-2019 at 09:52 PM..
PeasantBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #2155
Arch-Supremacy Member

That’s because different merchants have different accounting process.

Just sharing that paywave is only for Visa card that’s all..

Whether paywave (visa) or paypass (master), can still use both types of credit card on that same equipment. No difference according to my experiences in fairpirce, sheng siong and giant stores.

A few years ago, I didn't even know about this paywave thing until fairpirce cashiers told me to ownself tap my posb master card on that equipment for tapping and said this is new method of payment called paywave. Then now I see that thing for tapping is no more in use, instead replaced by one kind of terminal that can swipe cards or tap (or hold near) also.

So now whether I use my visa card, mastercard, Note 9 or Samsung watch to pay, I always tell the fairprice, sheng siong and giant cashiers that I am paying by paywave.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #2156
Master Member

I know but Paywave is understood by all merchants. If he insist on swipe then not all merchants know this. So i suggest he use paywave instead. Still a contactless payment. So far i never come across anybody who don't know paywave
Been using this payment method for years
lol... totally missing the point...

Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #2157

samsung pay got NFC (paywave/paypass) and MST (magnetic swipe).
the prev post is on MST so it is not paywave or contactless.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #2158
Master Member

how the cashier know all those. u just tell them paywave. they auto let u try already. most cashier training just know cash nets and cc.
eq2addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #2159

how the cashier know all those. u just tell them paywave. they auto let u try already. most cashier training just know cash nets and cc.
u also miss the point.
the prev post on MST means that shop doesn't have tapping (paywave/paypass) machine, only card swiping machine.
if u still tell them pay by paywave confirm is not supported.

btw nowadays all cashiers know what is paywave. they all know cc can tap or swipe.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #2160
Master Member

u mean u can swipe the entire phone on that tiny slot? for the magnetic stripe? i blur liao
eq2addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.