samsung pay

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uninstall gpay liao. They say theres no reward if iam using my citibank card after i had done a few transactions without receiving scratch card. Took them 6 days before a cso tells me that. Use back samsung pay better.
Screw their f up incompetent south asia cso.

densor98x

Reaction score
Uninstall gpay liao. They say theres no reward if iam using my citibank card after i had done a few transactions without receiving scratch card. Took them 6 days before a cso tells me that. Use back samsung pay better.
If you read t&c before using gpay then save you the trouble.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

haha... u're missing out a lot of cashbacks.

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Anyone having issues while using gpay?

Tried to use gpay but when I scan it using gpay the phone will pop up Samsung pay transit can't work, something along this line.

It's like Samsung pay transport is working above gpay layer

You have to set Gpay as the default payment mode.

Go to settings > Connections > NFC and Contactless Payment. Under Contactless Payment, select Gpay as the default. But make sure that the button option 'Pay with currently open app' is selected. This way, Samsung pay will still work whenever you launch it.

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
Can Gpay support swipe-up lock screen payment access like Samsung Pay?

I got $2 charged while adding AMEX card to Gpay was that correct?

micshang

Reaction score
You have to set Gpay as the default payment mode.

Go to settings > Connections > NFC and Contactless Payment. Under Contactless Payment, select Gpay as the default. But make sure that the button option 'Pay with currently open app' is selected. This way, Samsung pay will still work whenever you launch it.

Thank u very much for the advice! So I still can use Samsung Pay without waking up the phone for my ride, correct?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can Gpay support swipe-up lock screen payment access like Samsung Pay?

I got $2 charged while adding AMEX card to Gpay was that correct?

if gpay is set to default tap&tap, then waking up the screen to pay will use gpay. to use samsung pay, use the usual swipe up, unlock, then tap&pay.

the $2 is probably a test pay. amex will not charge u for it if u ain't paying for something.

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
if gpay is set to default tap&tap, then waking up the screen to pay will use gpay. to use samsung pay, use the usual swipe up, unlock, then tap&pay.

the $2 is probably a test pay. amex will not charge u for it if u ain't paying for something.

On my S9+ Tap and Pay forces Samsung Pay to set as default, otherwise can't even get in to the app. I had made Gpay my default payment and restarted the phone but still swipe-up lock screen insisted on Samsung Pay and given no option for others.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On my S9+ Tap and Pay forces Samsung Pay to set as default, otherwise can't even get in to the app. I had made Gpay my default payment and restarted the phone but still swipe-up lock screen insisted on Samsung Pay and given no option for others.

u dun swipe from the bottom up, which will trigger samsung pay. u just need to wake the screen to use gpay. dun even need to unlock the phone.

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
u dun swipe from the bottom up, which will trigger samsung pay. u just need to wake the screen to use gpay. dun even need to unlock the phone.

If I set Gpay as default in Tap and Pay, Samsung pay will die me see. Have I missing something?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my last try... i can't help if u do not know the difference between both.

samsung pay is very secure. it has to be opened, unlocked and running on the screen to use tap&pay to pay for purchase, except transits.

gpay, on the other hand, just need the screen to be on and can tap&pay.

in the phone's settings, u need to set gpay as default, but at the same time also turn on the option to "tap&pay with open apps".

good luck!

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it me only that I only have 2 items to choose from to redeem?
Only have pop corn or 10 pc financier to choose from which is quite terrible.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it me only that I only have 2 items to choose from to redeem?
Only have pop corn or 10 pc financier to choose from which is quite terrible.

yap quite limited item these few weeks, one new offer today Pizza

Last edited:

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1888 points to redeem fragrance ba gwa... For S21 users also... $10 cold storage voucher

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
Weird, this is what I see in my samsung pay rewards.

nk6dOA8l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably the 1st few got it at lower points, then the rest at 2888.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.