HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #2431

I have experienced the following problem when the NFC is on (using S10).
Here's the sequence of events
1. Failed to pay using Samsung Pay w Paywave (AMEX or VISA, didn't try Master)
2. Abort using Samsung Pay
3. Unable to use SimplyGo as card reader unable to detect phone (at mrt station or on the bus)

Does anyone have the same experience as me or have successfully used Samsung Pay w Paywave w the NFC on?

Thank you.
laladuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #2432

I have experienced the following problem when the NFC is on (using S10).
Here's the sequence of events
1. Failed to pay using Samsung Pay w Paywave (AMEX or VISA, didn't try Master)
2. Abort using Samsung Pay
3. Unable to use SimplyGo as card reader unable to detect phone (at mrt station or on the bus)

Does anyone have the same experience as me or have successfully used Samsung Pay w Paywave w the NFC on?

Thank you.
Got the phone on launch day. Been using Samsung Pay (without NFC on) ever since. Simplygo introduced. NFC on 24/7 ever since simplygo is introduced. Using Samsung Pay for everything, transport and shop payment, visa and master. From launch day to today, never fail once, no matter if it's off screen transport or authenticated purchase at shops. I'm probably lucky.
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #2433
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I use Samsung pay as my ez-link card need to Authenticate or not when use each time??
Old 24-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #2434
Supremacy Member

If I use Samsung pay as my ez-link card need to Authenticate or not when use each time??
No. Just tap don't need to even on phone screen.
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #2435

Provided you add it as transport card and on NFC. Some say need to do a setting for default NFC which I dunno cos I didn't do it, I let it auto select
Old 24-08-2019, 10:59 PM   #2436
Master Member

Don't even need on the screen. Or if u playing game also can just tap haha

Sent from My Printer using GAGT
RocketBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #2437
Supremacy Member

pay by phone super fast and easy, by Samsung Watch, it's slow!

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #2438

If I have multiple cards in Samsung pay with one card assigned as transit card, will all the cards be charged when I tap the gate readers ah? I scared multiple card deductions. Of coz safest is to just store one card in Samsung pay ...

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
kirium76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #2439
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I have multiple cards in Samsung pay with one card assigned as transit card, will all the cards be charged when I tap the gate readers ah? I scared multiple card deductions. Of coz safest is to just store one card in Samsung pay ...

There will be a default card for transport....not all...lol

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 10+ 512GB/12GB Ram / Mi 9 128GB/6GB Ram/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm/Osmo Pocket/TAB S4 10.1
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #2440
Supremacy Member

U can only select 1 transit card
gapboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #2441

U can only select 1 transit card
So chances of multiple card deductions are low ? Coz dun really trust that only the transit card will be charged leh. Sometimes when I use Samsung pay to pay at supermarkets, it will prompt multiple card detections..

Old 25-08-2019, 11:17 PM   #2442

So chances of multiple card deductions are low ? Coz dun really trust that only the transit card will be charged leh. Sometimes when I use Samsung pay to pay at supermarkets, it will prompt multiple card detections..

Do you keep your physical card in your phone case?
Old 26-08-2019, 12:09 AM   #2443

Do you keep your physical card in your phone case?
No I dun. I used to store multiple cards in Samsung pay though.

Old 26-08-2019, 01:18 AM   #2444

No I dun. I used to store multiple cards in Samsung pay though.

After you authenticate, you put your phone near the reader and it told you multiple card detected? This happen often? Probably something wrong with the phone. If not, if only met once, it could be the reader. If you authenticate one card, it will only let you pay with that card. If you don't put a transport card, you won't be able to tap mrt/bus without authentication. It's only after you add that one card as transport card den you can use that one card for transport (without authentication). I believe it's the same for all if not most ppl here. I've never heard of ppl having the same issue as you.

Last edited by PongRareRare; 26-08-2019 at 01:21 AM..
Old 26-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #2445

After you authenticate, you put your phone near the reader and it told you multiple card detected? This happen often? Probably something wrong with the phone. If not, if only met once, it could be the reader. If you authenticate one card, it will only let you pay with that card. If you don't put a transport card, you won't be able to tap mrt/bus without authentication. It's only after you add that one card as transport card den you can use that one card for transport (without authentication). I believe it's the same for all if not most ppl here. I've never heard of ppl having the same issue as you.
Thanks for your advice. Let me try again. I presume u guys also stored multiple cards in Samsung pay also with one designated transit card?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.