HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #2446
Master Member

So chances of multiple card deductions are low ? Coz dun really trust that only the transit card will be charged leh. Sometimes when I use Samsung pay to pay at supermarkets, it will prompt multiple card detections..

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
don't use your phone to pay for transit.. all the cards you added to your Samsung pay will be charged multiple times even if you did not tap it at all. even cards you did not add to your phones will be charged with unknown transit usage in hundreds of dollars on all the cards and fares will also be mysteriously deducted with all your savings and current accounts you have with any banks in SG.. be safe not sorry.. reconsider changing your phone to Nokia 3310 as well to safeguard your assets..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #2447
Supremacy Member

just now I saw this, now no more

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #2448
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for your advice. Let me try again. I presume u guys also stored multiple cards in Samsung pay also with one designated transit card?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
yes. i do that
1 transport card. multiple other cards

no issues from 10+ and Note10+
it only happen once when i double claim and the backend blacklist my device.
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #2449

pay by phone super fast and easy, by Samsung Watch, it's slow!

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
Recently i installed new update for the Watch and it detects much faster compared to last time. Maybe you can try again.
Omtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #2450
Arch-Supremacy Member

Points expiring but nothing nice to redeem
Old 27-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #2451

sorry for the noob question ah, apart from the benifit of having points to redeem some freebie. How is this samsung pay better than google pay , am i missing out some stuff ?

I tried it a few years back and it's quite laggy from what i remember, switched to google pay and never look back.
Aicirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #2452

sorry for the noob question ah, apart from the benifit of having points to redeem some freebie. How is this samsung pay better than google pay , am i missing out some stuff ?

I tried it a few years back and it's quite laggy from what i remember, switched to google pay and never look back.
If you're using Samsung Pay for transit as well, don't need wake the device. Can just tap your phone with the screen still off, and it'll detect. You can't do that with Google Pay. That's possibly the only difference. The points thing really add up if you're using a VISA card for transit since you get a lot of points (which is why I applied and am waiting for my DBS visa debit card, even though I already have a POSB Mastercard debit card for transit).
tutonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #2453

If you're using Samsung Pay for transit as well, don't need wake the device. Can just tap your phone with the screen still off, and it'll detect. You can't do that with Google Pay. That's possibly the only difference. The points thing really add up if you're using a VISA card for transit since you get a lot of points (which is why I applied and am waiting for my DBS visa debit card, even though I already have a POSB Mastercard debit card for transit).
Understood. Thanks
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Aicirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #2454

Google Pay: NFC
Samsung Pay: NFC + MST

NFC: paywave, paypass, ...
MST: those physical card swipe but you won't swipe your card nor your phone, you put your phone over over at the side of the reader. A LOT of cashiers dunno and some die die won't let you try. Some say old reader can't support

Last edited by PongRareRare; 27-08-2019 at 04:17 PM..
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #2455
Arch-Supremacy Member

Google Pay: NFC
Samsung Pay: NFC + MST

NFC: paywave, paypass, ...
MST: those physical card swipe but you won't swipe your card nor your phone, you put your phone over over at the side of the reader. A LOT of cashiers dunno and some die die won't let you try. Some say old reader can't support
That time at the Asics store in velocity I force them to try... But somehow still cannot hahaa... So paiseh
~Dragonite~ likes this.
trenzterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #2456

That time at the Asics store in velocity I force them to try... But somehow still cannot hahaa... So paiseh
Lol they need to key in the value first or something, did they follow what they were suppose to do for normal visa transactions?

I've never failed for those that I tried. But a lot of rejections.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #2457
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lol they need to key in the value first or something, did they follow what they were suppose to do for normal visa transactions?

I've never failed for those that I tried. But a lot of rejections.
Oh. Cos I think usually normal transactions you have to insert the card first before keying in the value? Not sure haha. And where do I place the phone?
trenzterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #2458
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yesterday added UOB Visa for my Note10+ and just now used it for the first time for MRT, but no points added to Samsung Pay rewards.

Am I missing out anything?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #2459

Yesterday added UOB Visa for my Note10+ and just now used it for the first time for MRT, but no points added to Samsung Pay rewards.

Wait till tmr
~Dragonite~ likes this.
poland_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #2460
Master Member

Takes awhile. Or after accumulated abit

Sent from My Printer using GAGT
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.