HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #16
Master Member

so sad. why never mentioned galaxy s6
haha think samsung singapore only want ppl to use the latest devices for samsung pay. maybe will expand to older devices.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #17

probably have to do with MST support only on the newer phones so that SamsungPay can be accepted in contactless and non contactless places that accept cards.

seems like whole of Singapore how many percentage are contactless enabled? 20%?
manualvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Go register for trial for Samsung Pay.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/samsungpay/#

renfred89 likes this.
seller4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #19

haha think samsung singapore only want ppl to use the latest devices for samsung pay. maybe will expand to older devices.
the initial launch said supported for s6. now suddenly only s6edge plus

grynove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #20
Great Supremacy Member

Just submit my interest for the beta testing.
Jackygogogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 10:14 PM   #21

Samsung Pay supposedly emulates a magnetic swipe card so that it can work on existing credit card terminals. Would this work in Singapore as well which has moved to chip based credit cards?

Omnia1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 01:10 AM   #22

Samsung Pay supposedly emulates a magnetic swipe card so that it can work on existing credit card terminals. Would this work in Singapore as well which has moved to chip based credit cards?
it will not work... transaction will be declined by banks.
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 06:05 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah, but it will work overseas if you enabled magnetic swipe use for overseas transaction..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #24

There's a high chance it should work, that's the premise of MST working on existing terminals.

Applepay just launched today, anyone signed up for the beta test?
manualvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #25
Master Member

When will they inform us of the Samsung Pay beta test?
Zip-Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #26

Check your email guys.. I got mine .. But now.... what kind of payment is supported?
Old 26-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #27

Seen some people using Samsung Pa on those super old terminals.. doesn't seem like their transactions got declined. I doubt they need to change any special settings bah.. haha..
id0n0van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seen some people using Samsung Pa on those super old terminals.. doesn't seem like their transactions got declined. I doubt they need to change any special settings bah.. haha..
overseas or local? For overseas, they are not regulated by MAS, so unlikely to apply in singapore as well.

When will they inform us of the Samsung Pay beta test?
according to a samsung representative, users who indicated their interested will be notified if they are selected for the beta, or not.

There's a high chance it should work, that's the premise of MST working on existing terminals.

Applepay just launched today, anyone signed up for the beta test?
You a bit no link. one side apple pay the other side samsung pay..

If i am not mistaken, the conventional magnetic swipe shouldn't work at all according to previous MAS regulation, that conventional magnetic swipe cards must carry EMV chip and that local usage will be disabled for all swipe transactions. However, i don't know if the banks/MAS will lift this regulation to allow MST to kick in. I'll try tomorrow if i can.

Of course for cards with overseas swipe enabled, it will of cos work without doubt...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #29

overseas or local? For overseas, they are not regulated by MAS, so unlikely to apply in singapore as well.

according to a samsung representative, users who indicated their interested will be notified if they are selected for the beta, or not.

You a bit no link. one side apple pay the other side samsung pay..

If i am not mistaken, the conventional magnetic swipe shouldn't work at all according to previous MAS regulation, that conventional magnetic swipe cards must carry EMV chip and that local usage will be disabled for all swipe transactions. However, i don't know if the banks/MAS will lift this regulation to allow MST to kick in. I'll try tomorrow if i can.

Of course for cards with overseas swipe enabled, it will of cos work without doubt...
Saw those people using DBS/POSB cards leh.. So.. Guess it's local? Haha. Looking real forward to adding my own DBS/POSB card though.. Looking to see how it will work here, haa
id0n0van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #30
Master Member

Yeah that's what I'm asking. I never received any email yet.
Zip-Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.