HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #31
Master Member

Check your email guys.. I got mine .. But now.... what kind of payment is supported?
Bo email leh. What the email state? Share leh
Zip-Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 01:00 AM   #32

recevied email from samsung also.. email just say selected for beta test so just add card and try to use.
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 07:45 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah that's what I'm asking. I never received any email yet.
never receive email never mind, just fire up your samsung pay app.

if you are in the beta test program, you will be prompt to download an add-on which is 46mb large. from there you can proceed to start adding cards and tune your announcement preferences.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #34
Master Member

never receive email never mind, just fire up your samsung pay app.

if you are in the beta test program, you will be prompt to download an add-on which is 46mb large. from there you can proceed to start adding cards and tune your announcement preferences.
Whoa! Didn't realise that...

Edit: Couldn't add the Samsung Pay PIN but got it working after a device restart.

Last edited by Zip-Zilla; 27-05-2016 at 09:35 AM..
Old 27-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #35

Bo email leh. What the email state? Share leh
Haha say congratulations you are selected as a beta tester for Samsung pay.. Blah blah... But I think if you open Samsung pay app you should see if you are a tester
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #36
Master Member

Haha say congratulations you are selected as a beta tester for Samsung pay.. Blah blah... But I think if you open Samsung pay app you should see if you are a tester
Thanks! Got it
Old 27-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #37

Samsung Pay supposedly emulates a magnetic swipe card so that it can work on existing credit card terminals. Would this work in Singapore as well which has moved to chip based credit cards?
Yes it will work. The design for the MST is to emulate the magnetic stripe and the EMV chips our local banks are currently using. Samsung Pay will also be able to support overseas payment too. So with these features, Samsung Pay can be your international wallets
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #38

Anyone tested it yet?
Old 27-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #39

Now the trick is to educate the cashier. In the initial period, don't know how many of them would be in tune with these latest payment methods. Imagine telling a cashier I want to tap the credit card terminal with my phone to pay, she'll probably think I'm mad! ... Lol

Omnia1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #40
Master Member

Now the trick is to educate the cashier. In the initial period, don't know how many of them would be in tune with these latest payment methods. Imagine telling a cashier I want to tap the credit card terminal with my phone to pay, she'll probably think I'm mad! ... Lol
I think just tell them paying by Paywave can already...
Old 27-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

if at supermarket just use self checkout. test until u song.

only managed to add OCBC 365.

DBS and SC failed.
kero89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #42

I think how it would work is that you just mention you want to pay using Samsung Pay. I'm not too sure how to do the MST or how to tell the cashier how to initiate it. NFC is simply PayWave.

Anyone know how to do the MST, please share!!
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think how it would work is that you just mention you want to pay using Samsung Pay. I'm not too sure how to do the MST or how to tell the cashier how to initiate it. NFC is simply PayWave.

Anyone know how to do the MST, please share!!
You must say you need to pay by Visa. Then just when the cashier ask u for card, u ask for the terminal instead of looking for the pay wave paypass reader. Once they turn the terminal towards you, u scan your phone on the area near the magnetic swipe lor.

Haven't got the chance to try this out yet.. will try later..
Old 27-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

if at supermarket just use self checkout. test until u song.

only managed to add OCBC 365.

DBS and SC failed.
BTW some self check out will mount the terminal onto the rack. So your MST may or may not work based on the direction of your MST antenna..
Old 27-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #45

Just went ntuc and tried. First time I tab at the pay wave terminal it returned an error. Second time was ok.. Now I'm wondering. Where is the position of our NFC?

Ok I tried the visa swipe machine but like not working Haha. Maybe I'm not doing it properly.

Last edited by earthtk; 27-05-2016 at 05:10 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.