HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #616
Master Member

I guess to be fair, the way MST works is almost magical. No need to swipe or insert your chip card, just tap the terminal with your phone; it almost sounds like a candid camera trick :-). I would also be skeptical that such a thing can work if I did not know better... Lol

But it should really be the responsibility of shops and cashiers to be on top of latest payment technologies.

Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #617

getting this problem of the nfc ezlink sim card doesnt seem to work at mrt gantries after using samsung pay or if the samsung pay app is still open in background.

any1 manage to solve this by changing the "nfc and payment"->"tap and pay" settings?
wad shld the recommended one be? TIA
geminied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #618
Arch-Supremacy Member

getting this problem of the nfc ezlink sim card doesnt seem to work at mrt gantries after using samsung pay or if the samsung pay app is still open in background.

any1 manage to solve this by changing the "nfc and payment"->"tap and pay" settings?
wad shld the recommended one be? TIA
Tap and pay settings should always be set to default as using samsung pay. Because there's only Samsung pay as of now. When android pay comes in, then perhaps it will be of a difference.

As confirmed with a Samsung colleague, nfc transit sim card and Samsung pay uses both different algorithms and they shouldn't conflict each other.

I have the same issue as you, that is likely to be due to the reader side, or your phone issue. I have thus stopped using nfc transit sim card cos it's unreliable. Out of 10 tries, 4 or 5 times will fail. If scanned repeatedly, the sim card cepas number will be temporarily blocked and u we have to reset at the transit link office.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #619
Master Member

Tap and pay settings should always be set to default as using samsung pay. Because there's only Samsung pay as of now. When android pay comes in, then perhaps it will be of a difference.

As confirmed with a Samsung colleague, nfc transit sim card and Samsung pay uses both different algorithms and they shouldn't conflict each other.

I have the same issue as you, that is likely to be due to the reader side, or your phone issue. I have thus stopped using nfc transit sim card cos it's unreliable. Out of 10 tries, 4 or 5 times will fail. If scanned repeatedly, the sim card cepas number will be temporarily blocked and u we have to reset at the transit link office.
theres 3 options under tap and pay settings.. Samsung Pay, uob mighty and Android pay

Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #620
Arch-Supremacy Member

theres 3 options under tap and pay settings.. Samsung Pay, uob mighty and Android pay
Are u running local firmware?

Thanks for informing, but non Uob users will not have it. Anyway the crux of it is, nfc transit sim service is not inside the tap and pay section. So it should affect anything.

But as what you said, the tap and pay setting is useful of u have Uob or samsung pay both active..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #621

That why we need LTA to push for integrating with EZ-Link into Samsung Pay that may never come.
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #622

Found out today that MRT GTM machines (at least the ones at CCK) now accept credit cards for for top-up, via both Paywave/Paypass and traditional insert/swipe, tried both methods with Samsung Pay, but both transactions not approved due to some "host error" or smth liddat
Good to hear that, but it's ages since I top up my Ezlink card manually, I use auto top up feature from bank, no need waste time queue or scare no money in card.
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 12:42 AM   #623

I just received the free wireless fast charger from Samsung pay promo. but when I tried to charge my S7 Edge there is no fast wireless charging when used with the original charger and wire. can anyone please help ? or I need to go Plaza sing to sort this out? thanks
lawreo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 12:49 AM   #624

wow... good to hear that. that means no need to use atm card (NETS) to top up at GTM machine and no need to key in NETS PIN.
didn't see the paywave/paypass option during my previous mrt top up. is it still using the old payment reader or replaced to a new contactless reader?
at least use paywave/paypass or samsung pay is faster than using traditional NETS.
It still looks like the old reader (like the ones at NTUC?) but difference being the screen of the terminal lights up now telling u to insert or tap card depending on what u select
Lyz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #625

there is no problem at all. i have no issue. it is just the setting. you need to set the option such that when the app open, use it instead of the default Samsung Pay.

jlekssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #626

I just received the free wireless fast charger from Samsung pay promo. but when I tried to charge my S7 Edge there is no fast wireless charging when used with the original charger and wire. can anyone please help ? or I need to go Plaza sing to sort this out? thanks
Need to turn on Fast Charging in S7 also
danong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #627

Urs won during week1 event? Black wireless charging stand?

Mrtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #628

Any idea for those MST machine, what does the cashier need to do after we tap our phone on the MST reader? Tapping activates the machine, but the cashier says need to key in a code. Shouldn't she be the one to key in?
NotsoGoodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #629
Master Member

Any idea for those MST machine, what does the cashier need to do after we tap our phone on the MST reader? Tapping activates the machine, but the cashier says need to key in a code. Shouldn't she be the one to key in?
shld be the cvv code.. but anyhow key in 3 numbers also can

Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #630
Banned

shld be the cvv code.. but anyhow key in 3 numbers also can
nope, u need the 3 numbers attached on your card
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.