HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #646

Not sure but i think if you use MST to pay, they may ask you to sign no matter what the amount.

Only if if you use NFC paywave/paypass then dun need. Just tap only can liao.
ya u probably right, I also not sure whether is kena mst or paywave hahaha. Anyway when asked to sign, just sign... as long they dun charge twice
ATN888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #647
Supremacy Member

You never use paywave before huh...the receipt is left blank no need to sign one. If you don know keep quiet.
pay wave/samsung pay and MST 傻傻分不清
MiImbEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #648

You never use paywave before huh...the receipt is left blank no need to sign one. If you don know keep quiet.
yeah well your original post u said that at the Samsung store you used an MST machine, and when they printed the receipt they wanted you to sign, then you ask why need sign cause is tap and pay. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

You just effectively contradicted yourself here. Tap & Pay is NFC, which is the technology behind Paywave/Paypass. That does not require a signature for transactions below $100. But what u said u used instead was MST, which in layman terms is basically the same as the action of swiping a credit card in the terminal. I believe you would be well aware that for swipe and chip transactions for credit/debit cards, the cashier WILL ask you to sign no matter the amount because they don't want to be liable for fraudulent transactions. Exceptions exist, but thats another story. So by and large, chip and swipe transactions, and therefore Samsung Pay MST transactions, will still need to be signed.

Now you say you used an MST machine but your receipt stated it was a contactless payment. Reason is simple: the card terminal us embedded with an NFC chip (which might not have been clearly stated on the terminal). Samsung Pay will always look for an NFC signal from a terminal first, and will only fall back on MST if it can't find an NFC signal. So, it simply means your transaction was processed through NFC and not MST as you claim. Even though the terminal may look like a standard no-NFC terminal, there might still be an NFC chip inside that was used to process your payment instead. Please don't go around putting people down even while they are trying to help you better understand how Samsung Pay and contactless transactions work.

EDIT: oh yeah and you say u received the notification from Samsung Pay? u get that regardless of whether your payment is processed by NFC or MST

Last edited by Lyz1999; 27-06-2016 at 11:27 PM..
Lyz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 01:14 AM   #649
Arch-Supremacy Member

pay wave/samsung pay and MST 傻傻分不清
Whatever the name is...whatever the method u use. By using samsung pay, the receipt will not show samsung pay. You will only see paywave...
TrueB1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 01:17 AM   #650
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah well your original post u said that at the Samsung store you used an MST machine, and when they printed the receipt they wanted you to sign, then you ask why need sign cause is tap and pay. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

You just effectively contradicted yourself here. Tap & Pay is NFC, which is the technology behind Paywave/Paypass. That does not require a signature for transactions below $100. But what u said u used instead was MST, which in layman terms is basically the same as the action of swiping a credit card in the terminal. I believe you would be well aware that for swipe and chip transactions for credit/debit cards, the cashier WILL ask you to sign no matter the amount because they don't want to be liable for fraudulent transactions. Exceptions exist, but thats another story. So by and large, chip and swipe transactions, and therefore Samsung Pay MST transactions, will still need to be signed.

Now you say you used an MST machine but your receipt stated it was a contactless payment. Reason is simple: the card terminal us embedded with an NFC chip (which might not have been clearly stated on the terminal). Samsung Pay will always look for an NFC signal from a terminal first, and will only fall back on MST if it can't find an NFC signal. So, it simply means your transaction was processed through NFC and not MST as you claim. Even though the terminal may look like a standard no-NFC terminal, there might still be an NFC chip inside that was used to process your payment instead. Please don't go around putting people down even while they are trying to help you better understand how Samsung Pay and contactless transactions work.

EDIT: oh yeah and you say u received the notification from Samsung Pay? u get that regardless of whether your payment is processed by NFC or MST
Whatever u want to say....i don want to argue w u. U happy can already....
TrueB1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #651

Andriod Pay is now available for download.

tingtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #652

Yea they so launch so suddenly.
nanotech25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #653
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea they so launch so suddenly.
Vulpix has created a thread on android pay in android sub-forum, so lets just keep contents related to samsung pay in this thread, for basic house keeping purpose and the convenience of other users ok?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #654

Vulpix has created a thread on android pay in android sub-forum, so lets just keep contents related to samsung pay in this thread, for basic house keeping purpose and the convenience of other users ok?
Ok. 10 char
nanotech25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 11:56 AM   #655

I have been seeing a few posts on GTM Machines. Sorry if I am asking kuku questions, rarely take train now.

What is a GTM Machine? And which MRT station (other than CCK) have this? All including Circle Line, NEL, DTL, etc?
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #656

nope, u need the 3 numbers attached on your card

you need to stop posting without first thinking using your brain (if applicable) or finding out the facts first.
^ Charlie_Zhan is right, minus the "using your brain (if applicable)" part.

When prompted with CVV, any 3-digits will suffice. So far, I have tried and no fails so far.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #657

The **** samsung store pple kuku one. Use MST machine....tap already. Print out ask me sign. I ask him why need to sign...isnt it just tap n pay only. He reply still need to sign...maybe this samsung pay is more secured only....i look at him......haiz....another stupid pple who don know their job n technology

Sorry @TrueB1ue, but this was your initial post. And based on the answers everyone has given, its both 50-50. I understand that MST transaction will prompt a "signature" at certain merchants, but I do get other merchant that didn't require me to sign either. I think it might be the merchant/retailer option if they require a signature or not.

The signature we signed on the app: I have no clue what is that for either.

Why I say that? Because there are some outlets, SPC, Sheng Siong, NTUC, etc, that has a Sign Pad right? When we signed our singature, a digital copy (of it) will be printed on the receipt. So why can't the app send that digital signature we did, when adding (new) cards? I feel it would save us a lot of trouble from signing
Old 28-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #658

I have been seeing a few posts on GTM Machines. Sorry if I am asking kuku questions, rarely take train now.

What is a GTM Machine? And which MRT station (other than CCK) have this? All including Circle Line, NEL, DTL, etc?
GTM stands for General Ticketing Machine. it's the normal ezlink/flashpay top up machine in mrt/bus interchanges.
haven't used the paywave/paypass feature yet... will try to look out during my next top up. anyway as reported seems like it's not working even if using physical card.
anyone can confirm?
Old 28-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #659
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry @TrueB1ue, but this was your initial post. And based on the answers everyone has given, its both 50-50. I understand that MST transaction will prompt a "signature" at certain merchants, but I do get other merchant that didn't require me to sign either. I think it might be the merchant/retailer option if they require a signature or not.

The signature we signed on the app: I have no clue what is that for either.

Why I say that? Because there are some outlets, SPC, Sheng Siong, NTUC, etc, that has a Sign Pad right? When we signed our singature, a digital copy (of it) will be printed on the receipt. So why can't the app send that digital signature we did, when adding (new) cards? I feel it would save us a lot of trouble from signing
the signature in the app is merely a standard procedure for cashier to verify the signature against the charge slip. its like why physical card requires a signature. in reality, how many of the cashiers do so? close to none unless its a large purchase right?

some of the banks have existing agreements with the merchants, that if they use their own cards, no signature is required provided its below $100 purchase. Same as the contactless payment.

So in general, contactless payment does not require signature if the card is a locally issued one, while MST/slot-in cards require a signature for most of the purchases unless otherwise stated.

To answer a part of the question, someone asked how to know if you used MST or NFC for payment? well, don't look at whether you have signature or not. Look at the charge slip.

Charge slip reflects:
1) EMV Sale - MST payment and EMV chip slot in. magnetic swipe is disabled for all locally issued cards.
2) Contactless Sale - Passpass/Paywave/Amex
3) NETS is a standalone terminal, so it will show NETS purchase.

Hope this helps.
Old 28-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #660
Arch-Supremacy Member

GTM stands for General Ticketing Machine. it's the normal ezlink/flashpay top up machine in mrt/bus interchanges.
haven't used the paywave/paypass feature yet... will try to look out during my next top up. anyway as reported seems like it's not working even if using physical card.
anyone can confirm?
was at harbourfront mrt yesterday, nope credit/debit cards don't work. only nets at the moment.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.