HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #661

GTM stands for General Ticketing Machine. it's the normal ezlink/flashpay top up machine in mrt/bus interchanges.
haven't used the paywave/paypass feature yet... will try to look out during my next top up. anyway as reported seems like it's not working even if using physical card.
anyone can confirm?
I see. Thanks man.

But I last recalled these machines does not accept credit/debit card top up. They only accepts NETS only.

Last edited by lxLionHartxl; 28-06-2016 at 02:52 PM..
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #662

the signature in the app is merely a standard procedure for cashier to verify the signature against the charge slip. its like why physical card requires a signature. in reality, how many of the cashiers do so? close to none unless its a large purchase right?

some of the banks have existing agreements with the merchants, that if they use their own cards, no signature is required provided its below $100 purchase. Same as the contactless payment.

So in general, contactless payment does not require signature if the card is a locally issued one, while MST/slot-in cards require a signature for most of the purchases unless otherwise stated.

To answer a part of the question, someone asked how to know if you used MST or NFC for payment? well, don't look at whether you have signature or not. Look at the charge slip.
Well, recently I did 2 transactions under $100, on a DBS machine with a DBS Visa Debit Card (only 1 card added). I still was asked to sign. 1 transaction was $6 and the other was $42. Another incident was I used the same card on a UOB machine and I wasn't prompted to sign anything.

So not that I disagree with you, it is just that I am experiencing 50-50 signature requests. Sadly, credit cards/debit cards and bank stuff/issues/policies, I can't keep up with it. Can only ask you guys to simplify for an idiot like myself.
Old 28-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #663
Banned

Well, recently I did 2 transactions under $100, on a DBS machine with a DBS Visa Debit Card (only 1 card added). I still was asked to sign. 1 transaction was $6 and the other was $42. Another incident was I used the same card on a UOB machine and I wasn't prompted to sign anything.

So not that I disagree with you, it is just that I am experiencing 50-50 signature requests. Sadly, credit cards/debit cards and bank stuff/issues/policies, I can't keep up with it. Can only ask you guys to simplify for an idiot like myself.
then dun use Samsung pay then, use card
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #664

then dun use Samsung pay then, use card
Will KIV your response.
Old 28-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #665
Supremacy Member

Anybody with samsung pay got problem using android pay? The machine showing "insert card" when i try to pay.
vodka_water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #666

Anybody with samsung pay got problem using android pay? The machine showing "insert card" when i try to pay.
I haven't even downloaded Android Pay and play around with it yet. But are you trying to say that you installed Samsung Pay and Android Pay, tried to use Android Pay and the POS machine showed "insert card"?
Old 28-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #667

was at harbourfront mrt yesterday, nope credit/debit cards don't work. only nets at the moment.
ic. like that also can. they upgraded the GTM machine with paywave/paypass button but not working.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #668
Supremacy Member

I haven't even downloaded Android Pay and play around with it yet. But are you trying to say that you installed Samsung Pay and Android Pay, tried to use Android Pay and the POS machine showed "insert card"?
ya, i've found the root cause, u have to go to NFC setting to choose the app to use. Be it "samsung pay" or "android pay".
vodka_water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #669
Banned

ya, i've found the root cause, u have to go to NFC setting to choose the app to use. Be it "samsung pay" or "android pay".
android pay not safe, they dont ask for your finger print
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #670

Depends on your comfort level with it. Some might find it to be more convenient with using android pay. Android pay imo is like no different from using your plastic credit card to tap using paywave or paypass also no need fingerprint or any authentication methods.
nanotech25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #671

Not as safe. But still relatively okay luh.. its not like people lose their phones everyday right You can only make 3 payments before they need you to verify yourself. And android pay is for android phones, so some phones might not have fingerprint scanner and need type password/connect dots lol! So google made android pay more convenient for them
tjrsasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #672

So do ppl still think Samsung pay is worth using over rooting the phone? What are your opinions?
fevern0va is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #673

So do ppl still think Samsung pay is worth using over rooting the phone? What are your opinions?
Depends. Actually theres very little need to root a samsung flagship phone. Touchwiz is *fairly* optimised rn. Things run smoothly. Still got theme store to change the looks and feel. If not enough just install a launcher like what I did and keep the samsung pay
tjrsasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #674

If you recall during the introduction of paywave, although you are paying credit card for transaction under $100, some merchant uses paywave, some uses the chip. If they use the chip, you got to sign, otherwise no signature required.

Likewise, for samsung pay, it is really up to what the cashier selected, some of the card terminal differentiate between credit card and contactless. Signature required for credit card, and contactless not required.

If you prefer not to sign, your best bet is to inform the cashier you are paying by paywave.
silencer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #675
Master Member

Not as safe. But still relatively okay luh.. its not like people lose their phones everyday right You can only make 3 payments before they need you to verify yourself. And android pay is for android phones, so some phones might not have fingerprint scanner and need type password/connect dots lol! So google made android pay more convenient for them
So since we are fortunate to have a superior phone with fingerprint sensors, we might as well use the more secure option :-)

Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.