HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #796

Yes it's supposed to be supported at all PayWave terminals.

Interestingly however, Xing Wang HK cafe (which has a PayWave terminal) specifically said that they do not accept Samsung Pay. If I understood the cashier correctly, they have not implemented something at the back end which prevents them from processing payments even though the transaction would go through at the PayWave terminal in the cafe. The cashier sounded as if she had been briefed, not one of those blur ones.

First time I'm hearing this. Wonder whether their Finance Department is being lazy and 'smoking' them, or whether it really is true...

Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #797
Arch-Supremacy Member

Interestingly however, Xing Wang HK cafe (which has a PayWave terminal) specifically said that they do not accept Samsung Pay. If I understood the cashier correctly, they have not implemented something at the back end which prevents them from processing payments even though the transaction would go through at the PayWave terminal in the cafe. The cashier sounded as if she had been briefed, not one of those blur ones.

First time I'm hearing this. Wonder whether their Finance Department is being lazy and 'smoking' them, or whether it really is true...
you got smoked lor. this kind of tactic i also used before when i was a cashier... some more they have contactless payment reader, don't take samsung pay is a blatant smoke bomb.

dont wanna go into the technicality of it, but basically its something to do with book keeping. if their finance kns then it will alway be kns..

as long as you make the payment and its successful, u don't have to care how the business is being run right? i mean, sometimes as cashier, due to certain constraints, we impose the inconvenience on the customer side, making them to take responsibility but to no choice.

thats why before i go in and eat, i will say "today i don't have wallet, i'll only make payment through samsung pay (or contactless payment), if they accept, then ok. if not, i will walk out. usually those no people restaurants will die die take you in, if the restaurant got a long queue outside, then unlikely they will stop you from leaving
renfred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #798
Banned

more like smoking bah
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #799

Earlier planned to use Samsung Pay for my Watsons purchase for the $5 voucher promotion. However, the cashier gave me a confused look when I told her my payment mode and started to ask her colleague. Her colleague was equally as confused.

In the end, paid with the physical card instead to avoid the long queue behind.
Lai... Which Watsons is it? We go show them the promotion sticker they have with Samsung Pay then we educate them too~!
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM   #800

After reading some previous posts... Either I didn't see it or it wasn't mention. But what happens if I get an NFC SIM Card and already using Samsung Pay? Will I need to choose in the settings which is the default app (payment)?
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #801

After reading some previous posts... Either I didn't see it or it wasn't mention. But what happens if I get an NFC SIM Card and already using Samsung Pay? Will I need to choose in the settings which is the default app (payment)?
I'm also using the NFC SIM for MRT rides. Based on the default settings on my phone, it does not affect Samsung Pay.

Go through the MRT gantry, tap your phone (which need not even be on). Go to a store, swipe up to see your cards and pay via Samsung Pay. Works like a charm, no toggling of settings or app needed.

lxLionHartxl likes this.
Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #802

Anybody manage to get both samsung pay and Android pay working? I had samsung pay and it was working fine. Then android pay came along and I installed it. How do I activate android pay? Tried just waking up phone and tap the terminal but keep showing "terminated"
doggybark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #803

[QUOTE=Omnia1;102304950]Yes it's supposed to be supported at all PayWave terminals.

colin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #804
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody manage to get both samsung pay and Android pay working? I had samsung pay and it was working fine. Then android pay came along and I installed it. How do I activate android pay? Tried just waking up phone and tap the terminal but keep showing "terminated"

Try this.

seller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #805
Arch-Supremacy Member

so technically, either samsung pay or android pay can exist in a phone for default automaticity.

if one wants android pay and samsung pay, then the automatic portion of the payment mode will not be suitable..

Thats why i have removed android pay totally..
Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #806
Master Member

so technically, either samsung pay or android pay can exist in a phone for default automaticity.

if one wants android pay and samsung pay, then the automatic portion of the payment mode will not be suitable..

Thats why i have removed android pay totally..
For me I just set Android Pay as default then "use open app instead of the default" as Samsung Pay. This way can tap and pay without launching any app, and when want use MST can just swipe up.

On first day i try setting Samsung Pay as default, and then "use open app instead of the default" as Android Pay. Android Pay didn't work even when I opened the app and then tap on the reader. Switch the default, and worked.
Alexz_Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:37 PM   #807
Arch-Supremacy Member

For me I just set Android Pay as default then "use open app instead of the default" as Samsung Pay. This way can tap and pay without launching any app, and when want use MST can just swipe up.

On first day i try setting Samsung Pay as default, and then "use open app instead of the default" as Android Pay. Android Pay didn't work even when I opened the app and then tap on the reader. Switch the default, and worked.
yeah, android pay has no interface at app's level anyway, thats why it has to be the default and samsung pay be on app level.

why would one wants android pay and samsung pay together huh? haha for promos is it?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #808
Supremacy Member

yeah, android pay has no interface at app's level anyway, thats why it has to be the default and samsung pay be on app level.

why would one wants android pay and samsung pay together huh? haha for promos is it?
coz samsung pay no support UOB cards lor

arbo i wont use android pay... feel more safe with samsung pay when u swipe up the nfc auto on and need fingerprint to do the purchase
MiImbEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:18 AM   #809

Android Pay with UOB cards is not that safe. UOB cards dun have the $100 limit.
nanotech25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #810

anyone tried it over seas with MST or NFC card reader?
noobplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.