HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #76
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually whst is classified as MST? Anything that uses visa to swipe? How about those credit card terminal that needs to be inserted?
Google MST and read from there. It's a samsung technology.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 12:31 AM   #77

Google MST and read from there. It's a samsung technology.
Ah I see.. So it wont work if the terminal only accept cards with emv chip...
Old 28-05-2016, 12:41 AM   #78

MST does work in local retail outlets despite the magnetic swipe transaction being disabled...
Nice! Being able to use Samsung Pay on any credit card terminal in Singapore makes it way more useful than Apple Pay. Way to go Samsung!

Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 01:44 AM   #79

From the video, it seems to work on an EMV terminal. Well, I think the best way to find out is to go to those self check out counters where you insert your OCBC card and use Samsung Pay instead. That way might convince you, not sure about that.
lxLionHartxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 08:07 AM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

MST is useful when u don't have the NFC reader to use. All terminals come with emv slot and magnetic card slot for the swipe transactions. As long as the merchant accepts cards transaction, samsung pay kicks in.

The only issue encountered was the weird look from cashier. Cos normally merchants don't expect to pass u their terminal as normally, they take our card and slot into the emv slot for us..
Old 28-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

From the video, it seems to work on an EMV terminal. Well, I think the best way to find out is to go to those self check out counters where you insert your OCBC card and use Samsung Pay instead. That way might convince you, not sure about that.
Just to add on, the position of the phone on the magnetic slot makes a difference. When one gets an error message, re align the phone and at a point, it will work. So don't give up.. keep trying although the cashier will give you the wtf look. Hahas
Old 28-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #82

I think the more "geh kiang" cashiers will think you are trying to hack into the system and defraud the merchant and bank, and kick you out of the store, or call the police! .. Lol.

I really hope the banks brief their merchants properly on this...

Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think the more "geh kiang" cashiers will think you are trying to hack into the system and defraud the merchant and bank, and kick you out of the store, or call the police! .. Lol.

I really hope the banks brief their merchants properly on this...
At the end of the day, it's them who is gonna be disgraced. I believe the merchants are already aware when apple pay was launched. It's up to the merchants to educate their employees bah.

Of course we consumers cannot be too arrogant, treat everyone with due respect is the way to progress in society..
Old 29-05-2016, 01:19 AM   #84
Arch-Supremacy Member

Here is the user guide.

Last edited by seller4; 29-05-2016 at 01:39 AM..
seller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 01:46 AM   #85

i know samsung pay is introduced last year and samsung pay is introduced in sg during the s7 delights. can i ask that anyone tried samsung pay yet? as in payments for real purchases. thanks. which bank already accepted or in terms with samsung pay?
Beta already started. So far OCBC for the first week of beta.. Only 2nd June onwards more should be available. DBS(Visa, Master) OCBC(Master) SC(Visa,Master) The list will expand eventually.

Then wat Beta testers are supposed to do
Thats why ppl are saying there is no proper planning at Samsung side.
If DBS/SC not supported from day one in Beta, they should have not mentioned that !!
It will eventually. We are currently testing it with a wider but invited group of people. So far it is looking good.

Last edited by deathst; 29-05-2016 at 01:49 AM..
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 12:12 AM   #86

Whoever wishes to try S Pay at Popular and Kiddy Palace - You're out of luck.

Went to those shops over the weekend and they said that they are rejecting* mobile wallet payments.

When I probed why, I got a reply: "Because my HR said so."
id0n0van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #87
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whoever wishes to try S Pay at Popular and Kiddy Palace - You're out of luck.

Went to those shops over the weekend and they said that they are rejecting* mobile wallet payments.

When I probed why, I got a reply: "Because my HR said so."
You don't have to use the term Samsung pay at them mah.. just say pay wave pay pass lor..

But if I'm not wrong, kiddy palace don't have the contactless reader but popular should have. Popular accepts contactless and I don't understand how they can stop us from using it..
Old 30-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #88

You don't have to use the term Samsung pay at them mah.. just say pay wave pay pass lor..

But if I'm not wrong, kiddy palace don't have the contactless reader but popular should have. Popular accepts contactless and I don't understand how they can stop us from using it..
I think what he meant was merchant rejecting customers from making MST payments, not nfc contactless.

Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #89
Master Member

Yesterday paid using S-Pay... just tell cashier that I'm paying by Paywave. Tap and go.
Zip-Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #90

There is a limit on using paywave right? Less than $100 or something?
deckcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.