samsung pay

sam39sg

Reaction score
dpeeys.jpg

radiancez567

Reaction score
I'm sure you still can turn off any device with a long long press of power button and volume down key. With or without password. :p

Samsung's Findmymobile can lock the phone and prevent powering off using power button.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Of course, before you lose your phone, you need to
1. Set it up
2. And test that it works

thisguyse

Reaction score
Samsung's Findmymobile can lock the phone and prevent powering off using power button.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Of course, before you lose your phone, you need to
1. Set it up
2. And test that it works
Find my mobile only stops the phone from being powered off from the power menu, but a very long press of the power button (about 7 secs) simulates a battery pull at hardware level and the phone will be shut down.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

radiancez567

Reaction score
Find my mobile only stops the phone from being powered off from the power menu, but a very long press of the power button (about 7 secs) simulates a battery pull at hardware level and the phone will be shut down.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Just tried on Samsung S8+, and long press button does not shut it down.

My steps:
1. https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
2. Lock device and samsung pay with 4-digit PIN
3. Long press power button for 7 seconds, nothing happens
4. Long press power button for 60 seconds, also nothing happens

Magica

Reaction score
anyone tried adding ntuc membership card (the plain membership card, not the visa that kind) to samsung pay?

and also how about adding passion card to samsung pay?

if you have added one or both of the cards, were you successful in using them on your phone?

daxiong88

Reaction score
that's right especially at stores that do not adopt Paypass/Paywave you will still need to sign no matter what because as mentioned above the terminal treats the transaction as a swipe transaction. And CVV cannot anyhow key one, i tried once and payment failed. After that I switched cards and used a genuine CVV, payment went through
Also be warned not all credit terminals accept Samsung Pay, I've experienced "Unsupported Card" errors when attempting MST transactions at some locations. One of the cashiers explained that their terminal needs to be upgraded to support Samsung Pay's MST tech (not too sure why thou, maybe because of the emulation?)
To those who say it was detected as wireless, it's possible that the terminal is embedded with an NFC chip just that you don't know, thus your phone prioritises NFC over MST since NFC is present.
(based on personal experience at 18chefs)

Tried using andriod and Samsung pay and got the unsupported card error. Worst part is my cc got charges but my nets fp was not topped up successfully.

CSO told me both andriod and Samsung pay supported. Argh.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.