HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #1021

It's free to use, but initial purchase of the sin card charges apply..

Otherwise, it's free and it has no extra top up charges if you do it at counter, ATM, or GTM.
What I mean is monthly bill do I need to pay extra for the Nfc simcard function. Or just a one time payment for the sim card only? Please advise. Thanks.
kchinbeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #1022
Master Member

What I mean is monthly bill do I need to pay extra for the Nfc simcard function. Or just a one time payment for the sim card only? Please advise. Thanks.
as stated earlier it's a once off cost for the NFC sim card.

tkdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #1023
Arch-Supremacy Member

as stated earlier it's a once off cost for the NFC sim card.
yeah.. tkdboi is right, its an one-off payment only..

i have been using since note 5, only note 5 has been giving me error messages but note 7 is good. perhaps only 1 in 100 unsuccessful transaction thus far..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #1024

yeah.. tkdboi is right, its an one-off payment only..

i have been using since note 5, only note 5 has been giving me error messages but note 7 is good. perhaps only 1 in 100 unsuccessful transaction thus far..
hey renfred, you have been using the nfc sim for ezlink bus/train rides everyday? how fast is the detection of the card reader compared to a usual card? any errors so far?

very tempted to change my sim card but want to make sure it's a wise move.....

ClarkKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #1025

If I'm using 7 Edge as a spare phone with no SIM card inserted, does Samsung Pay still work at the terminals?

keemmeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #1026

If I'm using 7 Edge as a spare phone with no SIM card inserted, does Samsung Pay still work at the terminals?
U need at least WiFi I think
oriserzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #1027

Very fast, similar speed like traditional card. I'm using Note 7 and can use it while the screen is off as well, no need to press power or home button. Very convenient i must say.

hey renfred, you have been using the nfc sim for ezlink bus/train rides everyday? how fast is the detection of the card reader compared to a usual card? any errors so far?

nuscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #1028
Arch-Supremacy Member

the detection speed is the same as using a regular ezlink card. also just to add on, nfc ezlink card does work even if your phone is turned off, but if your battery is totally flat then it will not work.

in order for a turned off phone to work, the nfc feature must be turned on first before shutting down.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #1029
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm afraid it might not work.

Everytime you launch samsung pay app, it will pre-generate a certain number of tokens for use in situation when there is no data reception. However, the tokens are limited and its not advisable to set up samsung pay on a device without a sim card or data access.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #1030

Oh i see. Thanks!

i'm afraid it might not work.

Everytime you launch samsung pay app, it will pre-generate a certain number of tokens for use in situation when there is no data reception. However, the tokens are limited and its not advisable to set up samsung pay on a device without a sim card or data access.
keemmeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:30 PM   #1031

Wonder if anyone have this problem, I bought a samsung backpack cover , and found out that the NEC didn't work. Call the Samsung they told me could be due to the cover too thick. So I have to take out the cover if it don't work......
I really don't know what to said....
Kennyting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #1032

Anyone getting the $5 from Android pay?
oriserzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #1033
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is a backpack cover sia... battery pack case Huh?

Wonder if anyone have this problem, I bought a samsung backpack cover , and found out that the NEC didn't work. Call the Samsung they told me could be due to the cover too thick. So I have to take out the cover if it don't work......
Old 01-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #1034

---speechless-----

toshm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #1035
Supremacy Member

Anyone getting the $5 from Android pay?
today I got $5 play store credit after third Android pay transaction

joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.