HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

samsung pay

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #1111
Master Member

Magnetic was not accepted at bukit panjang plaza harvey norman so i could not samsung pay. Max $100

Yes for security reasons samsung pay max limit is $100
Hi, this limit applies only to the NFC parts of Samsung Pay. If you were to use MST (Card Swipe), there would not have the limit.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #1112

I was using MST.
pointsandmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #1113
Arch-Supremacy Member

Magnetic was not accepted at bukit panjang plaza harvey norman so i could not samsung pay. Max $100
i think they don't know that they can accept this mode of payment, hence you got rejected.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #1114
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was using MST.
Tried with to pay a large bill of >$2000 at Harvey Norman with Samsung Pay using my Citi rewards card, it was rejected. Only up to $500 was allowed. I used Samsung Pay with my Citi Prestige card for the large sum and it was accepted. I called Citibank and they said it was not an issue with the card. Whose issue is it?
your citibank rewards card may have a set limit of $500 per transaction or per day. If you use your citibank online banking, there is an option for you to adjust the value.

I guess by default, it was assigned a lower value.

You can give the bank a call to up the value over the phone for that one transaction, or permanently up value for all future transactions. sadly, the citibank phone app does not allow you to do that.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #1115
Banned

Have you seen this machine b4 which outlets has it

5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #1116
Banned

https://alvinology.com/2013/11/21/gi...r-in-new-york/

5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #1117
Arch-Supremacy Member

We don't have this in Singapore.

Just in case you're a foreigner, all contactless payment terminals here come in different platforms, can be mixed with other banks, deployed behind the screen of handheld terminals etc.

Have you seen this machine b4 which outlets has it

Old 09-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #1118

Did anyone take part in the Samsung pay nfc sim card promotion and win? It seemed like they did not announce the results even though the draw was on 2nd Dec.
rambez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #1119

Have been getting errors when using the transit sim at middle entrance gates at downtown station. Had went to the smrt window and ask them to check my phone but they said there's nothing wrong. After that, no issue using the gate next to the window.

It was okay as well when taking bus and using at other mrt stations. Just wondering anyone had similar issue at downtown station?
crntbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #1120
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have been getting errors when using the transit sim at middle entrance gates at downtown station. Had went to the smrt window and ask them to check my phone but they said there's nothing wrong. After that, no issue using the gate next to the window.

It was okay as well when taking bus and using at other mrt stations. Just wondering anyone had similar issue at downtown station?
its just random error at the gantry side, nothing is wrong with your phone. i get card error message on the gantry but just don't do anything and keep your phone near the reader, after the message goes off your card will be read again.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #1121
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did anyone take part in the Samsung pay nfc sim card promotion and win? It seemed like they did not announce the results even though the draw was on 2nd Dec.
mai kan cheong. they need time to sort out the details..
Old 09-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #1122
Banned

I have been using the SIM NFC, so far no issue. Love it so far
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #1123
Master Member

i think they don't know that they can accept this mode of payment, hence you got rejected.
The professional cashier knows. The mft machine now changed to nfc

Harvey norman. Bpp (bukit panjang plaza)

joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #1124
Arch-Supremacy Member

The professional cashier knows. The mft machine now changed to nfc

Harvey norman. Bpp (bukit panjang plaza)
aiyo bro. BPP is managed by capitaland and all stores in it, except the kiosks, support all samsung pay one way or another, by nfc or by mst. that being said, all support amex also, because of capitaland amex card. this info i got from a friend who used to work with capitaland management.

so likewise, if you choose to use mst, they have to oblige in it because its an approved mode of payment. taking Orchard Gateway for example, all stores, practically all stores, have the terminal to support apple pay, samsung pay and all contactless payment although they don't have the standalone nfc reader. their terminal is the conventional type with slot in and swiping number pad terminal, but with a built in nfc reader behind the screen. don't believe u go see. both mst and nfc tested working with my gear s3.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #1125

its just random error at the gantry side, nothing is wrong with your phone. i get card error message on the gantry but just don't do anything and keep your phone near the reader, after the message goes off your card will be read again.
Dun think so coz have tried tapping again and still gave error. Else or otherwise, no issue elsewhere.
crntbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.