Samsung Pay for transit (Tap and Go)

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. I'm using S10+.

Usually just hold the phone over the tap-tap area, and wait like half-second for it to register, but I held the phone there for nearly 1 second and nothing happened, so I unlocked my phone using finger print and tapped in.

Just tell them you using phone lor. He'll ask you to tap against his device, to check. Shouldn't be an issue.

Bro, read the last few pages man.
Samsung pay internally the function even better than Google pay.
Go add transit card in your samsung pay app.

If you had said your phone few years old I still can understand.
You using s10+ why not using Samsung pay?

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buddies I can't add posb everyday into the transit function.

Anybody facing this issue?

Apparently it says that the request is not approved by bank or something

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, read the last few pages man.
Samsung pay internally the function even better than Google pay.
Go add transit card in your samsung pay app.

If you had said your phone few years old I still can understand.
You using s10+ why not using Samsung pay?

ya i use samsung phone mainly because of samsung pay and its overall hw.. google pay dont even give reward system

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Expires in 2023 wor

Hmm den I dunno. Why I say that is cos there was once I can't add my OCBC I also dunno why. Few days later I received a new card. That's when I realised maybe because going to expire, or new card given out so bank don't allow me to add the old one

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm den I dunno. Why I say that is cos there was once I can't add my OCBC I also dunno why. Few days later I received a new card. That's when I realised maybe because going to expire, or new card given out so bank don't allow me to add the old one

Lol okay....I think I'll try again in a few days time.

lccpor123

Reaction score
Should the Simplygo app show your transaction right after I tap out of bus/mrt? As of 8apr my 5 apr transaction still not reflected on the Simplygo app.

Last time use physical card after tap out straight got notification

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Should the Simplygo app show your transaction right after I tap out of bus/mrt? As of 8apr my 5 apr transaction still not reflected on the Simplygo app.

Something is wrong with your app. My today's transactions are all in

if use samsung pay to tap for transport, does it earn samsung reward points?

Earn once every 5 days or if you reach $15 first. That what some ppl mentioned

tutonic

Reaction score

Yes. Agree that something is wrong somewhere. My bus or train journey is reflected almost instantly, when I check my simplygo right after I tap out of the mrt station.

Just to clarify guys. Samsung pay is better than Google pay only because everytime use for transaction, get points? Anything worthwhile that can be bought with the points?

Last edited:

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Agree that something is wrong somewhere. My bus or train journey is reflected almost instantly, when I check my simplygo right after I tap out of the mrt station.

Just to clarify guys. Samsung pay is better than Google pay only because everytime use for transaction, get points? Anything worthwhile that can be bought with the points?

Samsung reward points is for redeem for items not buy things...it is in your reward page and rewards changes frequently.

Last edited:

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if use samsung pay to tap for transport, does it earn samsung reward points?
I got my second Samsung rewards points today since last week. Got charge 10cents again perhaps certain usage limit or days needs to be met

vodka_water

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No beep sound when tap on bus today.. anybody encounter the same?

Last edited:

lccpor123

Reaction score
Something is wrong with your app. My today's transactions are all in

Earn once every 5 days or if you reach $15 first. That what some ppl mentioned
I tried re-entering my card, re-login and refreshing the app still cannot see my transaction

tutonic

Reaction score
No beep sound when tap on bus today.. anybody encounter the same?

Nope. Mine got beep on the ez-link machine.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, I just registered my card under Samsung Pay. Will try tapping without unlocking/waking up the screen. I think with Samsung Pay should be possible, but not with Google Pay. I'll update here when I've tested it.

Last edited:

vodka_water

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. Mine got beep on the ez-link machine.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, I just registered my card under Samsung Pay. Will try tapping without unlocking/waking up the screen. I think with Samsung Pay should be possible, but not with Google Pay. I'll update here when I've tested it.

Ya i m using samsung pay without waking up the screen

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.