HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Pay for transit (Tap and Go)

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Samsung Pay for transit (Tap and Go)

We Samsung connections members have received news on the new beta Samsung pay app which supports transit payment via the feature of "add payment card" under transport card section as mentioned by transitlink faq.

As this is still a closed door trial, we members are the first public members to trial the app..

We will keep this thread alive so that the users keen for this feature will continue to use contactless payment as a form of transit payment.

PS: This is strictly a closed door trial, pls do not pm me for advice on how to enter the trial. We connections members will update as soon as we get hold of the app for trial.
Old 20-04-2018, 06:52 PM   #2

We Samsung connections members have received news on the new beta Samsung pay app which supports transit payment via the feature of "add payment card" under transport card section as mentioned by transitlink faq.

As this is still a closed door trial, we members are the first public members to trial the app..

We will keep this thread alive so that the users keen for this feature will continue to use contactless payment as a form of transit payment.

PS: This is strictly a closed door trial, pls do not pm me for advice on how to enter the trial. We connections members will update as soon as we get hold of the app for trial.
Don’t pm me as well 😅😅
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #3

Thanks for informing. But too bad for us non-Samsung Connections member.

Hope they release soon also for other public members.

In the meantime, will check on this thread for the updates daily. Lol
cheng34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Guess This Samsung transit will work as long as the Samsung supprt samsung pay ?
kenchi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #5
Master Member

Hopefully it will also implemented in the samsung pay app for the gear too. Just hope. As the samsung reward is still not yet implemented inside the gear app.
gamma7sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 12:09 AM   #6
Master Member

This is good news as I am not willing to pay the $40 plus for an ezlink enabled sim card.
Advancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 09:13 AM   #7

any news if the transit payment support phone only, or both phone and wearable?
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #8

any news if the transit payment support phone only, or both phone and wearable?
We are currently testing on our phones only. No word on the wearables, but I see no harm in hoping for it to cascade down to their wearables line.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hopefully it will also implemented in the samsung pay app for the gear too. Just hope. As the samsung reward is still not yet implemented inside the gear app.
Technically, if they are looking into implementing this tap and pay on the watch, it will be a little challenging due to small battery size and the fact its tizen OS. I'm not ruling out nor speaking behalf of samsung but just expressing my personal opinion on this, might be a little challenging for current watches..

On a side note, samsung pay rewards on phones are still applicable for you to roll points when you use Samsung Pay for transit, regardless if you are using beta app or official public release for transit.

Meaning, when you continue to tap your virtual card via samsung pay for transit, your device is captured in the samsung pay rewards side and will give you your points you deserve when transitlink post the accumulated charges to the bank. The points will not be issued like per retail purchases though...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #10

Technically, if they are looking into implementing this tap and pay on the watch, it will be a little challenging due to small battery size and the fact its tizen OS. I'm not ruling out nor speaking behalf of samsung but just expressing my personal opinion on this, might be a little challenging for current watches..

On a side note, samsung pay rewards on phones are still applicable for you to roll points when you use Samsung Pay for transit, regardless if you are using beta app or official public release for transit.

Meaning, when you continue to tap your virtual card via samsung pay for transit, your device is captured in the samsung pay rewards side and will give you your points you deserve when transitlink post the accumulated charges to the bank. The points will not be issued like per retail purchases though...
i think battery should be not an issue.

should be like what normal transit card work......NFC reader transmit signal......device NFC(on) passive/receive, trigger....then activate....

even my watch right now is NFC turn on all the time, should be NFC ON "Passive"

just like Hong Kong transit Samsung Pay tap and pay, they say, if your Samsung phone battery flat(cannot turn on).....you still can tap around 10 times.....

Last edited by Dingding6; 21-04-2018 at 01:46 PM..
Old 22-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #11

Is it similar to what Samsung Pay in Hong kong with Octopus card?
http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/samsungpay/smartoctopus/
jess_sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it similar to what Samsung Pay in Hong kong with Octopus card?
http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/samsungpay/smartoctopus/
Octopus card is similar to ezlink, which is already being supported by samsung pay.
Old 23-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #13

Octopus card is similar to ezlink, which is already being supported by samsung pay.
For now ezlink, we need an ezlink nfc sim card to be supported on Samsung Pay. Am i correct?

But for Octopus card, recently they can be transfer on to Samsung Pay without a nfc sim and use it.
jess_sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #14

For now ezlink, we need an ezlink nfc sim card to be supported on Samsung Pay. Am i correct?

But for Octopus card, recently they can be transfer on to Samsung Pay without a nfc sim and use it.
that is not 100% ezlink with Samsung Pay......they just integrate ezlink in Samsung Pay to "record" your transaction for you, thats it.....
Old 23-04-2018, 08:32 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

that is not 100% ezlink with Samsung Pay......they just integrate ezlink in Samsung Pay to "record" your transaction for you, thats it.....
[QUOTE=jess_sy;114000572]For now ezlink, we need an ezlink nfc sim card to be supported on Samsung Pay. Am i correct?

depending on how you view it. octopus and ezlink are similar because both require recharging of credits whereas for tap and pay with mastercard, there isn't a need to.

in terms of deployment and usage, octopus is similar to suica which uses sony felica, and that physical cards for both are disabled once a virtual card is set up.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.