HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung S7 - does not power on

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Master Member

Samsung S7 - does not power on

Anyone has encountered this situation?

Galaxy S7. Has been working fine. About 2 weeks ago it run software update, after reboot came fine.

I notice a day or two later that screen is blank and there are no LEDs. Tried to power on - did not work. Then I tried to power on using all possible combinations - power on + volume down, volume up+volume down+home+power on - did not work either.

I left if for couple of week letting the battery to run dry and tried to change it again. Today tired to change but the same situation, plus charge LED does not come up, but at the same time, the back of the phone gets quite heated.

Any thoughts what could be going on and how much will it cost to fix it? The phone is issues by the company so I have to return it in the working order or bring another working S7.

Thanks.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
Master Member

Galaxy S7. Has been working fine. About 2 weeks ago it run software update, after reboot came fine.

I notice a day or two later that screen is blank and there are no LEDs. Tried to power on - did not work. Then I tried to power on using all possible combinations - power on + volume down, volume up+volume down+home+power on - did not work either.

I left if for couple of week letting the battery to run dry and tried to change it again. Today tired to change but the same situation, plus charge LED does not come up, but at the same time, the back of the phone gets quite heated.

Any thoughts what could be going on and how much will it cost to fix it? The phone is issues by the company so I have to return it in the working order or bring another working S7.

Thanks.
If the battery is totally flat it need to connect to the charger and wait for a few minutes before any indicator led appear.
eric3743 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
Master Member

If the battery is totally flat it need to connect to the charger and wait for a few minutes before any indicator led appear.
I did. Left on charger for 1h. Indicator LED does not come up, but back of the phone is quite warm.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #4

Thanks.
Motherboard issue.
My Note5 suffered the same exact issue as yours.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Master Member

Motherboard issue.
My Note5 suffered the same exact issue as yours.
Any suggestions where to take for repair and how much will it cost?
Old 03-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #6

Any suggestions where to take for repair and how much will it cost?
you can go to repair hospital to repair.
go google search "the repair hospital", its at suntec

for my note5, I went there to repair, cost $195 to repair the motherboard, they change the IC chip inside the motherboard, so much cheaper than going to Samsung shop to repair, which cost $460+
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.