Samsung Service Centres

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Update: Called Samsung this morning. For Note 3 the silver bezel is connected to the LCD screen, so to change the bezel I would have to replace the LCD screen too. The cost is $300. :s22:

Have a note3 that just dropped and cracked the screen, with a white line down the middle now. Wah... $300 :eek: Maybe go find ah beng shop see how much...

albertgo

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone still have the Note 7? Still have mine because Samsung cannot sort out the problem with my cheque since November 2016.

Samsung Customer Service cannot use big time.

garyhardwarezone

Reaction score
Samsung quoted me 200plus for note5 battery change.
What a rip off ! Is this the reason why they make non-removable battery these days ?

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could have been cheaper with removable back. Seriously would prefer a future proof and ease of batt replacement over breakable glass back.
Dropped my note 5 and paid $104 just to replace the cracked back.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, to bring down the samsung s8+ for repair. anyone can bring down as long as got proof of purchase, or registered online?

the phone purchased is under my name, but my brother is using. so can my brother bring down? or must i head down? or need to like write authorised letter?

thanks

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so how.. need nric a not ?

Eh, to bring down the samsung s8+ for repair. anyone can bring down as long as got proof of purchase, or registered online?

the phone purchased is under my name, but my brother is using. so can my brother bring down? or must i head down? or need to like write authorised letter?

thanks

jess_sy

Reaction score
Out of the 3 Samsung Service Center, which one is better? Any review or opinion?

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont go plaza singapura service center.

Bad service on my last note 4 for screen replacement due to screen burn in. Replace screen but screen keep lifting up by itself. Went down a few days, everyday, but the useless tech just keep pasting the screen back, which does not last. Until the i request someone better to look at this probelm then the chief tech took over. Turns out the tech bend my center piece on the 1st day of repair. The chief tech got to replace both center piece and screen again to totally fix it.

Now its problem with my note 8 battery. There are signs of battery deterioration. As theres sudden increase in battery % in short time span and at around 98/99 to 100%, the charging with speed up. Send in for repair and told them how to recreate the problem but the tech dont even bother. How i know is because the time the tech took to repair the phone. From the time i send in to the time i receive sms to collect my phone is only 30 mins. Batt % when sending in is around 80%, got back phone at 48% batt. Tech didnt even bother to charge up the batt to 100% to indentify the problem.

In all, tech in samsung service center plaza singapura is the worse lot. Plain ass lazy and did not bother to do their job properly. Dont trust samsung warranty and the stupid concierge service. Its all useless when their tech is of this calibre.

Edit: went back again, got to leave the phone with them for 3 days for them to check. Got the phone back and this time they not only change the battery, they change the motherboard as well. Initially say nothing wrong, then how come now change battery and motherboard. Checked the motherboard and its manufactured on 28 oct 2018. A new board. If they just went on to change the battery on the 1st repair, dont think they would need to change the motherboard on 2nd repair. Waste of time.

Last edited:

aearthr

Reaction score
Just sharing, Samsung has Samsung Smart Care day that gives free diagnosis for your phone and normal screen protector. I only knew it after i brought my phone to the service centre who charged me $32.10 for a non-refundable diagnosis which can be used to offset the replacement spare parts. In the end, after diagnosis, my Note 8 will cost $600 to replace both motherboard and battery. I have decided to not repair it since with this amount I can buy a new phone with contract. Such a disappointment!

haikallp

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my S9 battery since degraded already. Even Samsung Members app diagnostic tool said the battery life is poor and should be replaced.

How much roughly do you guys think Samsung svc ctr charge to replace a 2 years old Galaxy S9 battery?

motosies

Reaction score
This morning brought my S8+ to service centre to change batteries. One CSO did a diagnosis and found some red symbols appeared on the screen which were not there previously. The minimum repair charges would be $220 to replace both the batteries and the screen. I asked could I replace only the batteries and th answer was 'no'. So thank you Samsung. Bye bye and Huawei here I come.

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Enquiry for a senior.
A70 battery still available and which centre?
TIA

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Enquiry for a senior.
A70 battery still available and which centre?
TIA

you can replace from this company. they have a few shops all over the island. but i havent used them before.

i recently enquired battery replacement for my S9+. they quoted me $48

do your research and check their reviews fist

dont bother going back to Samsung svc ctr. the price they quote you will make u buy a new phone.

its the same for many of their other products. i learnt this lesson when my computer monitor was spoilt many many years ago. i bought it at $550. they quoted me $400++ to replace the monitor circuit board etc...

end up i managed to find a freelance repair guy from HWZ.....

he charged me only $30 to replace a small part and not the entire monitor screen/circuit board like what samsung said :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.