HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung's no-exchange policy

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #1

Samsung's no-exchange policy

I am totally disgusted by Samsung's rigid service policy regarding mobile devices.
After reading the bad experiences of Samsung phone/tablet owners on Samsung's Facebook page, I realised I am not alone: https://m.facebook.com/SamsungMobile...51396390242625

Dear Samsung if you are listening it is not surprising that you are struggling to maintain the market position when you continue to be so rigid and turn a deaf ear to your existing customers' feedback.

My 6 month old samsung tab pro 8.4 couldnt start up last week and I had to send it to the service centre for servicing. I thought the problem can be resolved by a simple factory reset but to my dismay i was told that the technician replaced several faulty parts when I went to collect the tablet. This is the third replacement of the entire circuit board and parts since I purchased the tablet six months ago and naturally I was quite pissed and refused to accept the repaired set and face with another problem two months later. The service manager has no power to override the no-exchange policy and can only help to escalate the request, and I soon realised that Samsung is so rigid with this policy that no amount of protests will make them bend the rule.

I am totally disgusted by Samsung's attitude and this will be a deal breaker for me when I purchase my next mobile device for myself and the company.
pilotsnoopy likes this.

Last edited by sarahbj3b; 26-12-2014 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Add link
sarahbj3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Name me one mobile phone company that has one to one exchange warranty.
Ye_Rongtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #3

Name me one mobile phone company that has one to one exchange warranty.
Apple has this policy since ages ago. I just sent a staff's iPhone 5 for servicing few weeks ago (problem charging the phone properly) and was given a replacement set on the same day without me asking.

The first problem I encountered was battery not able to charge above 60 or 70 percent few weeks after I purchased the tablet. Samsung service center replaced the entire circuit board. Two months later again the tablet couldnt be fully charged and the service centre replaced some parts. Last week it failed to boot up and they changed more parts.

Do you want to deal with a company who has such rigid exchange policy, and even go the extend of attempting to silence the angry customer who uploaded evident of his phone caught fire?

The actions by Samsung got backfire after the customer refused to the terms set by Samsung by uploading the settlement letter online and attracted over 250k views!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ube-video.html

Last edited by sarahbj3b; 26-12-2014 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Add link
Old 25-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #4

now got the lemon law thingy. wonder if it will help.
blurtaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

now got the lemon law thingy. wonder if it will help.
lemon law definitely helps when the repair is too frequent beyond reasonable doubt... 3rd replacement over 6 months period, i think is reasonable to bring up to CASE..
Old 25-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #6

lemon law definitely helps when the repair is too frequent beyond reasonable doubt... 3rd replacement over 6 months period, i think is reasonable to bring up to CASE..
CASE is useless. If the set up works the evil handphone shops at Sim Lim Square would have wind up long ago.

I think the social media can help to bring attention to the consumers and they are free to make informed choices. I will post my feedback on different online forums and mainstream media if I don't hear from the management by tomorrow.

Samsung made it very difficult for customers to contact them and do followup, the email address used by the customer service officer/counselllor is not reachable when I do a reply, and I had to contact them through the feedback link , and no one replies to the letters that are sent to the CEO via the "letter to CEO ' link.

If anyone of you has the email address of Samsung management or PR department please post it Here if you don't mind.
Old 25-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

CASE is useless. If the set up works the evil handphone shops at Sim Lim Square would have wind up long ago.

I think the social media can help to bring attention to the consumers and they are free to make informed choices. I will post my feedback on different online forums and mainstream media if I don't hear from the management by tomorrow.

Samsung made it very difficult for customers to contact them and do followup, the email address used by the customer service officer/counselllor is not reachable when I do a reply, and I had to contact them through the feedback link , and no one replies to the letters that are sent to the CEO via the "letter to CEO ' link.

If anyone of you has the email address of Samsung management or PR department please post it Here if you don't mind.
I see.. so far my experience with samsung is marvellous.. my only regret is nokia. When i had the nokia xpressmusic model, it broke down and i sent to the svc centre. Svc centre then told me it has been tempered woth and voided my warranty. Management refused to speak to me. So in a moment ofnfury, i smashed the phone right in front of the crowd waiting to svc and collect their phones. I guess its the greatesr insult to them thus far..
pilotsnoopy and simon_84 like this.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Heng moi samsuck phone no spoil before.. Only battery bloated.. Just throw away.

Maybe ts can try other brand next time. Find one with reputable aftersales service.

Sent from GAGT Android App
mokseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #9

My friend had to change her S4 charger at the service centre 3 times every three months until she got fed up and bought a $10 China charger. It served her well for the next 1+ years till she trade in the phone.

I use blackberry Q10 for texting past 1+ years and has a Sony z3 for ibanking, music and surfing on the go. The q10 survived over 10 falls without a need for surgery and I just bought a blackberry classic to replace the q10 on Christmas Eve . I am very happy with the z3 so far, from the design to performance of the phone. Samsung is no longer the only choice in the android market.

Last edited by sarahbj3b; 26-12-2014 at 07:34 AM..
Old 26-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Electronics ish like that, bought a problematic set and you'll be ending in endless misery.
stillgottheblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #11

6 months already. I don't think any company do exchange for you.
Andrewtst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #12

6 months already. I don't think any company do exchange for you.
Apple does
Old 26-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #13

Electronics ish like that, bought a problematic set and you'll be ending in endless misery.
Not when the company has a good service policy.

I used to own all things Apple until 3 years ago ( and just rejoined the apple camp with the purchase of a Mac mini as my HTPC and an iPad Air 2 as the remote controller/trackpad) . Their products are not perfect but each time I had problem I don't have to vomit blood when I send for servicing.

I had a MacBook Pro's charger/adaptor , an iPhone 4 and two iphone 5 replaced without me asking.

Last edited by sarahbj3b; 26-12-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 26-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

On the same note, why no one complain or demand Apple to follow Samsung to use external memory card, removable battery, 4G+ and QHD screen or force Apple to stop using iTunes?

Every company has a different way of doing things. You cannot expect everyone to follow Apple. If you don't like then dun buy from those companies.

TS, loves Apple so much then go n buy Apple lor. Dun understand why the need to complain so much?
simon_84 likes this.
Old 26-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #15
Master Member

Not when the company has a good service policy.

I used to own all things Apple until 3 years ago ( and just rejoined the apple camp with the purchase of a Mac mini as my HTPC and an iPad Air 2 as the remote controller/trackpad) . Their products are not perfect but each time I had problem I don't have to vomit blood when I send for servicing.

I had a MacBook Pro's charger/adaptor , an iPhone 4 and two iphone 5 replaced without me asking.
U r lucky. I have been using apple products since 3g time from mac books to ipod to iPhones. Just recently when my 5s had some issues with its battery n charging, I took it to the service centre for 3 days of testing n flashing of the firmware and was told I had to wait again. Took it back n sold it off cheap. This happen to my mac book as well just exactly 1 year into it the battery went died brought it back not covered under warranty n they refuse to acknowledge that their battery lasted just 1 year. Well now samsung is my first Android phone after 20 over years.

Sent from GAGT Android App
jason910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.