Singtel Sim card unable to receive SMS after porting from M1 to Singtel

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi bigfoot,

We are very concerned to hear about your experience.

Kindly PM us your NRIC no. and mobile no. and our team will look into this for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Yes I received the sms about successful port in. But I still cannot receive OTP from a few banks. SMS send from Singtel (using 1688 self help) also cannot receive. I tried to login to my CPF a few minutes ago. Just realise I cannot receive OTP for my Singpass too! What is going on?!? It giving me a lot of incovenience. Singtel pls do something about it. Obviously I’m not the only one with the problem. Something is wrong at your backend regarding porting of number. I’m beginning to regret my decision now.

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bigfoot,

Kindly PM us your NRIC no. and mobile no. and our team will look into this for you.

Dear SingTel,

Thanks. I'm please to report that as of 22/10 11.30pm, I was able to receive my bank OTP and Singpass OTP. I have not tested all the banks yet. But I assume it should be ok now.

The SMS said that my porting was completed on 20/10. There was a 2 days delay in getting the SMS from banks. I feel that if this is the norm, it is the telco responsibility to inform their customer so that they are prepared for it. As you can see, it is not just me. Many users faced the same issue. Surely, something is missing there.

tasslehofy

Reaction score
Singtel, I received my new phone about 2 weeks ago on 16 Nov. The number was supposed to be ported from M1. I have not been able to receive any calls and sms on my phone. I did not receive any sms of successful porting. I called the hotline and this guy Bryan told me he will send an email to escalate, but that is more than 5 working days ago. I also went through the chatline and the person could not help. Please help.

Kel1ng

Reaction score
Not resolve. I change my bank number to another temporary just for OTP. The biggest joke is I can’t even receive sms sent from Singtel themselves. Can only receive sms from friends.

I had this problem with M1 before.....call Singtel and ask their engineers to check your account's back end......

raychoozg

Reaction score
Just ported over from giga to singtel ces and now experiencing the same issue. I can't receive any of my bank OTPs. Other SMS are fine. Received the successful port over message on 4 Dec and having this issue since. Have called singtel ces 1606 and all they are telling me is that they didn't receive any messages from the banks to forward me any otp. Resetting my line also to no avail. Asked me to check with my banks which I did, and my banks all said that the otp requests were successfully triggered. I am desperate and feeling helpless now as I really need to access my banking apps. If you are reading this singtel please do smth about this as clearly this is a known issue now.

felixwashere

Reaction score
Singtel Sim card unable to receive SMS after porting from circle life to Singtel

I too am having the same problem I ported from from circle life to singtel.

I have reset my network connection and checked the sms messaging centre number already.

skinergy

Reaction score
I am having similar SMS issues (receiving and sending) after recontracting my Singtel plan (18 April 2021) and never received any smses after that. Never saw anyone else with this issue when recontracting from Singtel here.

Called Singtel, tried all methods (reset line, cleared app data cache, switch to another phone to test) to no avail. Next going to change SIM card to see if it works at the Singtel shop. What a bummer.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bigfoot,

Hi Singtel, I am facing the same issue after porting over from Changi mobile. Can't receive any of the Bank OTP.
I see that this issue since 2017 or so, till now no solutions/fixes YET?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Singtel, I am facing the same issue after porting over from Changi mobile. Can't receive any of the Bank OTP.
We would definitely like to help, IcYFl4mEz. Please drop us a message on WhatsApp via help.singtel.com/chat so that we can look into the issues that you're facing.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow...singtel so many porting issues? Im thinking of porting over but now must think twice. Cannot receive otp is unacceptable this day and age.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.