Whitestone Dome Screen Protector Problems..

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using tough armor with zeelot and it works fine. Note that zeelot is more "full screen" than wsd.

Really zeelot coverage is better? I was the impression otherwise. I using zeelot now. But heard wsd second batch might be better at fp

Humphrey5

Reaction score
nope, one clean slice as compared to multiple jabs with a blunt object

You sure make it sound so sweet and easy but I can assure you it's not that easy. Practically bits and pieces of the the glass shattered and stuck tightly on the screen. Soaking with isopropyl alcohol did help to soften it abit...

tutonic

Reaction score
You sure make it sound so sweet and easy but I can assure you it's not that easy. Practically bits and pieces of the the glass shattered and stuck tightly on the screen. Soaking with isopropyl alcohol did help to soften it abit...

The screen of most phones nowadays are at a hardness level of 7-8. A razor blade is only 5, so it won't scratch, regardless of how hard you press. Stone and sand are level 9, that's why it scratches the screen.

Targaryen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's because you used a blunt object to poke at it causing the glass to shatter. If a razor blade is used, it'll cut through the glue rather than the glass because a blade is sharper and thinner than a screw driver.

I forgot which seller i bought the crappy screen protector from, but most can be easily peeled nowadays

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those with zeelot and wsd, what's the safest way to remove the screen protector?

For WSD, use your fingernail to lift up the SP from either 4 edges, then very very slowly lift up, letting the glue ownself get unstuck from the glass. If do too fast or lift too high, it will crack. So, do at a low angle.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday after some successes, the zeelot let me down again. Once again I sunbathed my phone under UV light for about 5 to 10 mins and press hard on the fingerprint area. This morning suddenly the fingerprint reader worked like a dream. Just register once, then light touch etc also can. Before or after washing hands also can! And it can also register correctly at different angles.

Not sure how long it will last though. Beginning to suspect maybe the glue on zeelot is inferior

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
I just installed zealot. Earlier at the shop, successfully rate is perfect, 10/10. Previous registered finger and newly added all works.
Now i reached home, suddenly none of the fingers work.

Last edited:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just installed zealot. Earlier at the shop, succeaaful rate is perfect, 10/10. Previous registered finger and newly added all works.
Now i reached, suddenly none of the finger work.
Same experience as me. Suspect glue might not be that good.

Probably going to do whitestone later

Humphrey5

Reaction score
I just installed zealot. Earlier at the shop, succeaaful rate is perfect, 10/10. Previous registered finger and newly added all works.
Now i reached, suddenly none of the finger work.

Same issue when I first installed zeelot almost 1 month back...I do suspect zeelot uses very little or not good glue so as times goes..the glue maybe detaches so fp will not work as fresh...just my hypothesis

Anyway freshly installed sp always works like a dream regardless of brands. Problem comes later...somehow when u leave the shop...haha

shadlightsg

Reaction score
For me is different usin zealot. Starting at shop one, then go home much issues. After a few days of registering and deleting fp, now is quite OK, at least 70 to 80 percent rate.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just changed to Whitestone at minisq. The glass is really better and fingerprint sensor works well!

As it turns out seems like the glue used for zeelot is quite minimal. Cos when the lady removed for me there is little trace of glue left. Maybe that's why it has issues with fingerprint?

Now the only thing is the front camera not protected .. but nevermind la haha

Edit: a bit of fit issues on the tough armour though. Right side seems to touch the sides. Going to monitor to see if it will be an issue :(

Last edited:

cheryl81

Reaction score
Just changed to Whitestone at minisq. The glass is really better and fingerprint sensor works well!

As it turns out seems like the glue used for zeelot is quite minimal. Cos when the lady removed for me there is little trace of glue left. Maybe that's why it has issues with fingerprint?

Now the only thing is the front camera not protected .. but nevermind la haha

Edit: a bit of fit issues on the tough armour though. Right side seems to touch the sides. Going to monitor to see if it will be an issue :(

whitestone camera is not cover. is the fingerprint sensor still working good?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whitestone camera is not cover. is the fingerprint sensor still working good?

Had some issues late last night and this morning. Right now working ok. But the top of the SP kinda peeled out. Might be because of my case compatibility issues. Going down to minisq to see how. A little disappointed.

tutonic

Reaction score
Had some issues late last night and this morning. Right now working ok. But the top of the SP kinda peeled out. Might be because of my case compatibility issues. Going down to minisq to see how. A little disappointed.

Working ok means tap and unlock like usual, or need press hard?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Working ok means tap and unlock like usual, or need press hard?

Tap and unlock like usual. Press maybe slightly harder than normal. Compared to zeelot, whitestone typically need to press in a bit harder. But my fingerprint seems to be recognised more often.

Now I just need a compatible case ..

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I solved the case issue by taping some pieces of paper to the back of the case. Increases the thickness of the phone slightly such that the sides will not grip to the screen protector anymore :)

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
My zealot's getting more inaccurate, especially at night. My friend laughing at me, saying by the time you unlock, morning already.

Anyone know whether i can disable or increase the 5 time incorrect try then locked option? So at least i can keep trying.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.