Whitestone Dome Screen Protector Problems..

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've already applied a film screen protector. I found one at nex for $12. Quite decent quality, and no cutout for camera, so extra protection, I guess? The surface feels very smooth, and it's cheaper than others, so quite satisfied.
No cut out for front cam? Doesn’t that mean the quality will be affected? Does it feels rubbery? Damn I miss my pre installed one.

tutonic

Reaction score
No cut out for front cam? Doesn’t that mean the quality will be affected? Does it feels rubbery? Damn I miss my pre installed one.

I can update you in like an hour plus, when I get home. Although, I don't really use the front camera, so it's a non-issue for me. The screen protector doesn't feel rubbery, but feels weirdly very smooth. Hard to explain.

Update: I tried the camera on the bus. Focus on different things all work as quickly.

Last edited:

cheryl81

Reaction score
Well since the boss did pre warn me on the issue and i go ahead. So i asked them either to refund me or replace with a film protector. They did replace with film protector. But they say the ones who install today all worked. They ask me to update my software but it was the latest already

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tutonic

Reaction score
Well since the boss did pre warn me on the issue and i go ahead. So i asked them either to refund me or replace with a film protector. They did replace with film protector. But they say the ones who install today all worked. They ask me to update my software but it was the latest already

Might as well get the refund. The film screen protector only like 12 bucks.

tutonic

Reaction score

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
I've already applied a film screen protector. I found one at nex for $12. Quite decent quality, and no cutout for camera, so extra protection, I guess? The surface feels very smooth, and it's cheaper than others, so quite satisfied.

Now the fingerprint scanner only need a tap. So much more convenient.

Now the fingerprint scanner only need a tap?! Can share more info pls?

johnwang89

Reaction score

Now the fingerprint scanner only need a tap. So much more convenient.

Which nex shop pls advise

tutonic

Reaction score
Which nex shop pls advise

At the top floor, you go to Shaw area there. Then got a couple small booth-like shops right? It's not the first/corner handphone one, it's the second one; the one that has 2 handphone shops side by side. That shop got some tiny sign about handphone repair, cracked screen and whatnot ah, if I recall correctly. I think they're one owner, cause I bought from 1, and the guy reached over into the stall beside him and took the screen protector to install into my device. Haha.

johnwang89

Reaction score
At the top floor, you go to Shaw area there. Then got a couple small booth-like shops right? It's not the first/corner handphone one, it's the second one; the one that has 2 handphone shops side by side. That shop got some tiny sign about handphone repair, cracked screen and whatnot ah, if I recall correctly. I think they're one owner, cause I bought from 1, and the guy reached over into the stall beside him and took the screen protector to install into my device. Haha.

Facing arcadevar

tutonic

Reaction score
Facing arcadevar

Eh paiseh. I don't mean the corner U-shaped shop. I mean if you walk along the Shaw row of shops, where the individual booth-like shops start. The first one only has some screen wrapping nonsense service that costs 30 bucks, so I went to the next handphone shop, which sold for 12. The iconic thing about this shop, to help you find easier, is that the booth is split into 2, and both of them are handphone shops. Haha.

Or, you can just ask for price of S10+ screen protector to help find the correct shop. Haha. The first shop quoted me the wrapping nonsense for $30, the one I ended up going for, quoted me $12, and the next shop down the corridor quoted me $18.

Last edited:

benchan13

Reaction score
Just to commend to let everyone understand why Huawei Optical Sensor and Oneplus Optical sensor works. Optical sensor uses the light on the screen to reflect it off the finger print and the sensor reads it. Samsung is using ultra-sonic which means like sound waves. It requires a perfect reflection of sound from the finger. The pro is, you can unlock the screen without lighting up the screen surface, which makes it abit faster. Hope i explain it clearer.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update, i have just applied during my dinner outside.

I only cured for like 30s and then tried. It worked the first time but subsequently all fail. So while eating, i proceeded to cured more (evenly) over my dinner of 15 mins. Once i left, i still only managed to do once then kept failing. Remapped the FP and still fail. So i waited till i reach home to cure more.

Once reached home, i tried again and somehow it works for like 15/15. lol. Then i decided to cure just the FP part for now. But after like 5 mins, fail again. ahaha. Maybe once it starts to work again, i wun cure anymore liao.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I only cured for like 30s and then tried. It worked the first time but subsequently all fail. So while eating, i proceeded to cured more (evenly) over my dinner of 15 mins. Once i left, i still only managed to do once then kept failing. Remapped the FP and still fail. So i waited till i reach home to cure more.

Once reached home, i tried again and somehow it works for like 15/15. lol. Then i decided to cure just the FP part for now. But after like 5 mins, fail again. ahaha. Maybe once it starts to work again, i wun cure anymore liao.

Same as my situation. It works like 1 min. After that 0 matches all the way. End up wait for official film one better.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to commend to let everyone understand why Huawei Optical Sensor and Oneplus Optical sensor works. Optical sensor uses the light on the screen to reflect it off the finger print and the sensor reads it. Samsung is using ultra-sonic which means like sound waves. It requires a perfect reflection of sound from the finger. The pro is, you can unlock the screen without lighting up the screen surface, which makes it abit faster. Hope i explain it clearer.

but optical sensor don't work if your finger is too dry or wet. whereas ultrasonic works even when your finger is dry or wet. both technology has it pros and cons, so users need to understand what they can or cannot accept..

but hor, this ultrasonic sensor is also like a new thing in industry, probably samsung needs a while to get it right..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the UV light is not exactly gentle to the eyes, so u might wanna wear sun glasses when using it.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for advice but i dun look at it when doing. Its at the side of my table.

anyway tiagong got new batch coming next week, can ask mobilestop if the new batch got issue not. for now, i guess buying from qoo10 or from the shop is like a sure-lose gamble. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.