HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Whitestone Dome Screen Protector Problems..

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2019, 07:48 PM   #1

Whitestone Dome Screen Protector Problems..

Hi, we are sorry to inform you that we have discovered that about 30% of the Whitestone Dome Glass may not work with the Ultrasonic Fingerprint reader. As there is currently no known solution for the 30% devices with this issue, if you chose to proceed with the installation, we will only provide warranty coverage for issues arising from installation(bubbles or dust in screen).

Should you prefer not to go ahead with the installation, we will proceed with a refund to your account within the week. Please kindly indicate the bank name, account name and number for us to make the transfer.

Our sincere apologies for this unforeseen issue and the inconvenience caused.
This was the message (via Mobilestop FB messenger) customers who pre-ordered the screen protectors got. Just as a PSA for anyone who have yet to purchase one yet.
tutonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #2

It's batch problem, or 30% claim it's not working?
fxsg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

got YouTuber attest to the quality leh.

and also, mobilestop got the products in bulk or with individual packaging?
Old 08-03-2019, 09:31 PM   #4

I installed. To register, have to press every hard. Starting can unlock like 4 in 10 times. Now like can't. Weird.but the YouTube video like unlock so easy
cheryl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #5

I installed. To register, have to press every hard. Starting can unlock like 4 in 10 times. Now like can't. Weird.but the YouTube video like unlock so easy

Yeah, precisely. I have the same issue as well. I'm asking for either a refund, or store credits, so can purchase other stuff.

@renfred89 the screen protector are individually packaged, but most likely it's some production issue, from the looks of that message they sent out.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:06 PM   #6

Oh my. They just sent out my order today. So need to try first and if it does not work can get a refund from Whitestone SG on Qoo10?

Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!
cstanhwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:20 PM   #7

Just to repeat my experience as mentioned in the accessories thread, I too have issues with whitestone. The first piece completely can not detect any fingerprint and phone kept asking to press harder. The shop was kind enough to replace a second piece after which success rate with the fingerprint sensor is like less than 30% even after re registration and screen sensitivity on. I hope whitestone has a solution soon.
vnwt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Better don’t open. Just return for full refund bah.

Oh my. They just sent out my order today. So need to try first and if it does not work can get a refund from Whitestone SG on Qoo10?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #9

Better don’t open. Just return for full refund bah.
Yah. Good idea. Maybe wait until they released a rectified version and request for 1 to 1 exchange. I ordered 2 sets some more. Quite disappointed to hear this news after seeing WSD and HWZ claiming it works.

Hopefully WSD SG will do the 1 to 1 exchange without any issues.

Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!
cstanhwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #10

From the looks of it, this just seems to be a bad batch, since there are loads of YouTube videos about this screen protector done by big names in tech on YouTube. Just hope Whitestone will make sure those affected get a replacement. If not, their reputation sure go to sh*t after this incident, especially after advertising blatantly as the only brand that works with the in-display fingerprint scanner.

Make sure anyone who's bought it, please go message Whitestone on FB, and get some clarification on the matter. Need to nudge them a bit to make things happen.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #11
Master Member

Guys I faced problem initially but got it to work now..

When registering the fingerprint..please dont rotate your finger..just register in the same position

There is a technique to unlock the phone..ensure you add a little pressure and it will unlock.
Deavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:47 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

Guys I faced problem initially but got it to work now..

When registering the fingerprint..please dont rotate your finger..just register in the same position

There is a technique to unlock the phone..ensure you add a little pressure and it will unlock.
U try again after restart your phone. Does it still work?

And its still rather unreliable for me. Previously without wsd my success rate is 90%. Now trying your method and its abt 50%. Still unsatisfied with WSD this time round.

Last edited by athenodorus; 09-03-2019 at 07:09 AM..
athenodorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:29 AM   #13
Master Member

Yes still works ..just need go apply a little pressure

U try again after restart your phone. Does it still work?

And its still rather unreliable for me. Previously without wsd my success rate is 90%. Now trying your method and its abt 50%. Still unsatisfied with WSD this time round.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:34 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

Yes still works ..just need go apply a little pressure
For me it doesn't work reliably anymore after awhile even with your method. Back to square one. I will use back film type.
athenodorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:58 AM   #15
Master Member

Didnt work for me at first..I deleted and registered a lot of times..until I finally got the technique to press..it works ..though not 100% but 90 % of the time..

I feel you need to cover your whole thumb round the sensor and apply pressure..I'm not sure how those people.in YouTube lightly touch and it works.. for me I cant get it to work that way..remembered there is a setting to lower the security of the sensor but cant find that video anymore

For me it doesn't work reliably anymore after awhile even with your method. Back to square one. I will use back film type.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.