HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Widespread SD Card issue with Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #91
Master Member

"SanDisk has been made aware of potential product issues involving a very small percentage of its 32GB and 64GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards. Under certain circumstances the cards may lock up and the card becomes inaccessible. The issue has been identified and a manufacturing fix has already been put in place. SanDisk stands behind its products and any customer who experiences this issue with the microSD cards cards is asked to contact the SanDisk support center for a resolution immediately." -SanDisk
Link: SanDisk says it produced some bad 32GB and 64GB microSD cards
chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #92
Arch-Supremacy Member

just encountered this problem earlier on sat...32GB sandisk micro sdcard on my galaxy note 1. used less than 6 months zz.

first one min can detect another min cannot..now totally cannot mount. in settings under SD card, the status was insert sd card.

I've already removed the card and inserted back many times liao still same issues. Problem is I don't have a card reader as well..Can anyone advise me what to do next? Where can I send back to claim the warranty?

PS: I just found out I've throw away the receipt..guess I will have to buy a new one..
Try formatting with a card reader? I did that with my Lexar and I am able to read it via my reader now.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #93
Master Member

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but just FYI for all those with issues.

I am one of the very first people in Singapore to have used 64GB since it launched (yes, paid at a huge premium), 1 Class 6 and 4 UHS SDXC. I have them in Note, Note 2, S3, and Note 10.1 for several months now. None of them experience any of the issues you have been experiencing.

I would recommend you guys not to buy from overseas or online stores. Not to say they are no good, but the risk of fake or damage is definitely higher. Best Bargain in Sim Lim Square would be a good place to get one with local warranty.

Good luck with asking for RMA for your online-purchased microSDs.
darknez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

just encountered this problem earlier on sat...32GB sandisk micro sdcard on my galaxy note 1. used less than 6 months zz.

first one min can detect another min cannot..now totally cannot mount. in settings under SD card, the status was insert sd card.

I've already removed the card and inserted back many times liao still same issues. Problem is I don't have a card reader as well..Can anyone advise me what to do next? Where can I send back to claim the warranty?

PS: I just found out I've throw away the receipt..guess I will have to buy a new one..
try inserting the card into pc and run a checkdisk on it.
Nichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seems that my micro sd card 32gb class 10 start to fail on my s4. Keep mounting and unmounting
henryscy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #96
Master Member

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but just FYI for all those with issues.

I am one of the very first people in Singapore to have used 64GB since it launched (yes, paid at a huge premium), 1 Class 6 and 4 UHS SDXC. I have them in Note, Note 2, S3, and Note 10.1 for several months now. None of them experience any of the issues you have been experiencing.

I would recommend you guys not to buy from overseas or online stores. Not to say they are no good, but the risk of fake or damage is definitely higher. Best Bargain in Sim Lim Square would be a good place to get one with local warranty.

Good luck with asking for RMA for your online-purchased microSDs.
Perhaps the first batch was good. It was the same for my S3 - mine was the first batch and it never gave me any problems, but my friends with later batches had charging issues, sudden death, etc.

I bought my Sandisk 64GB class10 locally (ingram micro stock) when prices came down to about 80 SGD. 3 failed in a row. Other HWZers who bought theirs during the period also had massive failures. Besides, Sandisk has already admitted to producing a problematic batch of cards, but they did not disclose the numbers.

And lastly, that shop you recommended... well they are one of the last places I will personally visit if I want local distributor warranty. Search the forums and you'll understand why.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #97
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any idea where to rma the sandisk sd card??
Old 06-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #98
Master Member

Any idea where to rma the sandisk sd card??
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/73742896-post3.html
Old 06-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #99

Seems that my micro sd card 32gb class 10 start to fail on my s4. Keep mounting and unmounting
what brand and tried rma?
a562140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #100
Arch-Supremacy Member

what brand and tried rma?
san disk 32GB class 10. Haven't tried RMA. I bought in SLS, bestbuy.

*just tested using the sd card on my s2 phone and can be detected without any issue. But when switch on to my s4.. cannot read...

Last edited by henryscy; 06-05-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #101

Used to use kingston 32 class 4 no issue. (1yr from s3 to note 2)

So bought a kingston 64 class 10 from sls. ( Upgrade due to space )

Lots of problem, sometimes cannot detect sometimes copy files fail. ( Sibeh Pek chek )

Tried all method ( format to exfat , fat 32 )

In the end return to 1to1 exchange. Tested and found same issue (unreliable )

Avoid this batch at all cost. ( you have been warned )

In the end got a SanDisk 64 class 10. ( formated to fat32 using mini tool partition wizard windows version)

So far so good. been using for about 1week with no issue. ( hopefully )
konglai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #102

hi, just checking .... S4 got anybody encounter such issues wif sd card?
sbu7360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #103
Master Member

Perhaps the first batch was good. It was the same for my S3 - mine was the first batch and it never gave me any problems, but my friends with later batches had charging issues, sudden death, etc.

I bought my Sandisk 64GB class10 locally (ingram micro stock) when prices came down to about 80 SGD. 3 failed in a row. Other HWZers who bought theirs during the period also had massive failures. Besides, Sandisk has already admitted to producing a problematic batch of cards, but they did not disclose the numbers.

And lastly, that shop you recommended... well they are one of the last places I will personally visit if I want local distributor warranty. Search the forums and you'll understand why.

Well, I have never had a problem with any of my Best Bargain micro-SD cards before, so I don't need to go read someone else' comments. And I've been going there for so many years.

I figure you might have mistaken it for another store.
darknez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #104
Master Member

Well, I have never had a problem with any of my Best Bargain micro-SD cards before, so I don't need to go read someone else' comments. And I've been going there for so many years.

I figure you might have mistaken it for another store.
As an old prowler of SLS, I'm sure I did not mistake the shop. But you're the paying customer, so as long as you're happy, it's good.
Old 21-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #105
Supremacy Member

Found out my Note II battery drained was caused by the Micro SD card, went on to RMA it and now my Note II last more than a day..
yi_shiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.