BOSS Bidding

frayed

Reaction score
yes. usually there are four types of people who do term 3...

first, those who want to go faster in order to graduate early or get a course that is a prerequisite for other courses (usually the 101 mods).

second, those who want to go slower in normal term but still have a high courses per year average. usually 9 per year is a good average depending on what major, majors, or double degrees you are aiming for, so you can go 4 mods in each regular term and do one in summer. this is especially good for those freshmen just out of ns, the brain doesn't work so well in the first year.

third, those who just need one or two more mods to graduate and would rather chop chop finish rather than pay the full fee for another term. in other words, save one year lor.

fourth, ns boys with nothing else to do before entering smu in the regular term. they get one more course credit before the term starts. but these guys usually get a culture shock in the first week since they have no idea of what the usual pace or what the expectations are of a student. this can be pretty detrimental to these students, gpa wise, considering how compressed the time schedule is. not much time to catch up, and they usually get swallowed up by the work due to their inexperience or "inability" to figure out what they need to do and what they do not need to do.

1k? so low meh? what's the yearly tuition fee now? it used to be that fee divided by 8, i think.

based on my experience, summer classes have a higher proportion of foreign students as well. but usually no big scale project. however, time management becomes very important due to the compressed time frame. got good and bad. the summer term faculty are also more likely, in my experience, to be adjuncts or lecturers. but all else said, make sure you know what you are bidding for - ask around first to see if anyone knows anything about any faculty member who is slated to teach in summer.

sogatda

Reaction score
haha but if need to pay more $$ means not worth liao rather stick with normal term

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@frayed yes, i think its 1k. When I enter, it's around 800.

@sogatda Do your maths, it might be worth it for some, but not for all. Not necessary you need to pay $$ per mod means not worth it. Let me give you an example.

Lets say you only plan to do 4 mods a sem as you do not want to overwork urself and affect your grades. However, this way, your last sem you will be left with 3 mods. If you do summer term and complete the 3 mods, base on fee per mod for summer term, you only pay $3k.

However, if you proceed with with normal term and do your last semester, you will be bearing the cost of the school fees of $4.5k (around there). Comparing it with $3k you are paying for if you do Summer Terms, you are saving $1.5k.

Hence, it really depends on your own scenario. As long as the cost of mods you are doing is less than the course fees you pay for one semester and that it allows you to graduate one semester faster, you have already saved more infact :)

V

victorlht88

I averaged 5mods per sem or even 5.5mods in my first year and it wasn't that bad.

Did better save your $e for future modules and not overbid during your initial sems else you will not be able to get your mods in the future due to super hyperinflation.

A trick: drop and rebid your module during the final window at $10 if the vacancies didn't change for the previous bidding windows.

Jonasweelh

Reaction score
You girls may wanna try this. I just won a iphone 4s from here
sgbidding.com

Last edited:

sogatda

Reaction score
Pre-assigned 4cus for next term, any seniors can advice out of this 5 biddable mods for IS term 2, which mods is better to bid for next term and which is recommended to clear as early as possible?

-Analytical Skills
-Creative Thinking
-Management Communication
-Leadership & Team Building
-Introductory Statistics

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which are the 4 CUs? LTB was pre-assigned to be during year 1 term 2. IS here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.