HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

cloud vmware

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
Master Member

cloud vmware

Hi can i check if any similar software where it allow your image file to be run off the cloud? or will Remote desktop be a better solution
ipaq4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Hi can i check if any similar software where it allow your image file to be run off the cloud? or will Remote desktop be a better solution
How about migrating VMX to AWS? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/vm-import/
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 12:37 AM   #3
Master Member

How about migrating VMX to AWS? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/vm-import/
woh this is interesting! can share what application are you using for this?

i am currently consider if i should jsut simple do a remote desktop connection to home pc or setup window 10 and set it to the cloud. what usually will be the decision factor?
Old 23-02-2018, 03:28 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

woh this is interesting! can share what application are you using for this?

i am currently consider if i should jsut simple do a remote desktop connection to home pc or setup window 10 and set it to the cloud. what usually will be the decision factor?
I donít have such needs. I normally setup my testing systems in the cloud due to ease and flexible cost. You canít run consumer Windows in AWS though. Microsoft licensing for cloud is only Windows Server in AWS

Usually it will be cost, operational requirements, availability, adaptability and so forth.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
Master Member

Is there any service that allow consumer window in cloud?
Old 11-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

Is there any service that allow consumer window in cloud?
It's basically licensing from Microsoft that makes things kinda confusing here. AWS only offers Pay-As-You-Go licensing for Window Servers. If you were to port an existing Windows Client image into AWS, generally it falls into BYOL.

Microsoft Azure does offer Windows client, but only if you own a developer license as stipulated here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azu.../client-images

Your OEM license is not transferrable, so you can't image your existing Windows 10 that comes with your machine into the AWS or Azure or any other devices. If you have a retail license, I believe you need to revoke from your existing device before you can re-activate in the cloud. This is what I understood, they might not be entirely correct though.

AWS workspace does offers virtual Windows client for your to remotely manage them, if that is what you want. It might not fit your use case though. Perhaps it would be nice to know more detail into why you need to image the entire Windows client into the cloud. Could that server be running in Windows Server too ? Can you do a reinstallation ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.