Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ERP/SAP system enquiries

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Master Member

Question ERP/SAP system enquiries

Hi all,

I am currently scouting around for good reliable ERP/SAP software to be implemented in my company.

Any good and effective ERP solutions for a manufacturing/production company?

I have been approached by a few vendors but still shortlisting.

Any points which i will specifically need to look out for or any experts gurus can shed me some light to look out for good solutions?

Thanks in advance and have a great week ahead everyone!

Sen
Supersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Master Member

thanks for the advice! appreciated!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #3

no idea who is good but i only know accenture no good. hope that helps.
Can't disagree more! Will be stuck with this piece of expensive sh!t for few years. Look good outside, rot to the core
blurryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #4

There is no one software tat will meet all ur needs. Ea software have their strengths and weaknessess. It will be good if u've a checklist of wat ur core req'ments are and wat secondary functions tat u expect from the particular software. Eg, some companies use Factoryworks as it's supposedly good in shopfloor. SAP is strong in finance but weak in shopfloor.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #5

SAP is good but it is expensive n you need the right partner to put it in for you.

If your company is less than 300 users and does not have many sites or overseas offices or factories then consider cheaper alternatives.
eatcarrotcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #6

Since you are asking here I'm assuming you're a SME... you can try out the opensource softwares like OpenTaps or OpenBravo
masterstroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Master Member

yes my company is a SME, therefore the cost will be quite a factor for consideration also.

Looking into virtualization of servers first before ERP, well maybe in conjunction both ERP and virtualization together

Last edited by Supersen; 13-08-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Old 14-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #8

SAP is a business application. ViRtualisation is creation of hardware resource. These are 2 different things
blurryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Master Member

that is why i am looking to virtulize my servers first while shortlisting ERPs softwares.

Any opinions of netsuites? Globe3? these 2 cloud ERP softwares
Old 22-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #10

You can go Ramco erp on cloud for this.
ramcob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #11

no ERP is better than custom developed solutions. My comment after so many years of experiences on this. It is either too complicated or take too much steps for a simple task.

Go and develop your own software. There is a government grant that subsides 60% of the cost.

I have experiences with hosting more than a hundred instances of ERPs though. Trust me, most of readily available ERPs look like from the 90s
chaotamianbao and hanlsnx like this.

Last edited by lampPC; 22-10-2012 at 06:40 PM..
lampPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #12

If you company is willing really take a look at those new cloud based ERP systems
hanlsnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

While the software is very important, its also equally important to get the proper consultant who has proper knowledge of your industry.

Microsoft Axapta, SAP etc are all big tier vendors but they will be expensive in licensing. They both have different licensing method. I suggest calling MS or SAP to find out more and talk to their consultants the Pros and Cons.

No ERP package will suit your business perfectly. Either you change your process to fit the ERP or you customize the ERP to suit your business. Either way, its a PITA.

- Charles
chaddeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Clone Trooper

Pandora Business Suite ERP is the only all-in-one business suite for small and medium-size.

PBAsolutions.com
vinujune3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #15

I was checking out some ERP systems and find SAP expensive for SMEs unless you willing to fork out over $30k for limited functions and costly licensing. And then there's Microsoft Dynamics... But that's pretty much the sales model for such professional ERP systems. I think a bit overkill if its for a small company.

You may check out Linkupcrm, support our local software development companies. They've got some turn-key ERP solutions but can customise it for your industry and can nego to meet your budget. Their platform is .Net if you're fine with that.

PS: I have no affiliation to any of the said companies.
fluid_motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.