Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

List of Freeware

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #106
Great Supremacy Member

Product Name: Primitive Duplicate Finder

Product Description/Features:
Primitive Disk Indexer is a simple program that will allow you to save the file structure of any disk. It will allow you to view what folders and files there are on a disk even if you do not have this disk. For example, if you have a large CD and DVD collection, you will be able to view what files there are on any disk without even having to touch that disk and insert it into the CD drive. The program will also be useful for Internet stores, you will be able to publish a separate file for each CD or DVD on your site and your customer will be able to view what files there are on that disk by downloading this file. The program has an Explorer-like interface. Disks of any type are supported: floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, hard disks, USB disks and others.
The program is absolutely free and does not require installation.
Product Review: NA
Old 16-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #107

Paint alternative with layers

http://www.getpaint.net/

Good and free alternative for editing your photos. Has support for layers.

enjoy!

--------------
Reflections on Teaching
http://www.ubinkhoo.net/edublog

Last edited by ubinkhoo; 16-05-2009 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: forgot sig
ubinkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 04:09 AM   #108

ery good information for new birds like us....
I hv a hard time 2 digest the info,
guess need some times to expose to it
anywhere,
Viktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #109
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys.

I am looking for a good freeware disk defragger which actually DEFRAGS BOTH FILES AND DISK.

I am using Auslogics Disk defrag but what pisses me off is that it only defrags the FILES. When I see the map I notice that the disk is still very fragmented with files all over the place.

Please help me. Thanks
FinalTidus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #110

Hi guys.

I am looking for a good freeware disk defragger which actually DEFRAGS BOTH FILES AND DISK.

I am using Auslogics Disk defrag but what pisses me off is that it only defrags the FILES. When I see the map I notice that the disk is still very fragmented with files all over the place.

Please help me. Thanks
drafragger lor.. frm same company as ccleaner..
chuachongchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #111
High Supremacy Member

drafragger lor.. frm same company as ccleaner..
Ok I just tried JKDefrag and I must say the interface sucks!! Or rather is there even an interface??!!

But the performance is quite decent. What do you guys think??
FinalTidus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #112
Great Supremacy Member

I'm not too sure about defragging as I don't defrag my system at all. Though I should do it once every half a year or so. Anyway, you can try defragger.
Old 17-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #113

Ok I just tried JKDefrag and I must say the interface sucks!! Or rather is there even an interface??!!

But the performance is quite decent. What do you guys think??
Use this... JkDefrag GUI

New update from MajorGeeks

Hope is help...
Old 17-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #114

MailStore Home

MailStore Home enables you to backup all your email messages from multiple applications and accounts into one secure and persistent archive...
  • Microsoft Outlook 2000, XP, 2003 and 2007
  • Microsoft Outlook Express and Windows Mail
  • Microsoft Exchange Server Mailboxes
  • Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
  • POP3 and IMAP (including webmail services such as Gmail and Yahoo)
  • .eml and other files...

Old 20-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #115
High Supremacy Member

Half-open limit fix (patch) for Windows

Half-open limit fix is a program designed to change the maximum number of concurrent half-open outbound TCP connections (connection attempts) in the Windows system file tcpip.sys.

Microsoft first introduced this limit in Windows XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) and is present in later versions of Windows. This was done to try to slow the spreading of viruses and malware from system to system and also to reduce the impact of infected systems participating in DoS (Denial of Service) attacks.

This limit makes it impossible for Windows systems to have more than 10 concurrent half-open outbound connections. After 10, new connection attempts are put in a queue and forced to wait.

Therefore, the speed of connection to other computers is actually limited.

P2P (peer-to-peer) programs (µTorrent, BitComet, eMule, P2P TV etc.) are generally the most affected programs. As they use up all 10 of the half-open connections, other Internet activity, especially the loading of web pages, can be extremely slow. The delay before the beginning of opening can make some tens seconds. This happens regardless of the speed of your Internet connection.

Half-open limit fix takes care of this problem by increasing the maximum limit of half-open connections. For the overwhelming majority of Internet users, changing the limit to 100 will be more than sufficient.

Operating system: Windows XP SP1(x64)/SP2(x86,x64)/SP3, Vista without SP(x86,x64) and with SP1(x86,x64), 7 beta(x86,x64).

link: http://half-open.com/home_en.htm

Jap Drama Club:
[url]http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1396439[/url]

SEA Films:
[url]http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3088521[/url]

MaRio StRikE!!!

I'm not giving up any chances ah tiong chiong ah!!!!

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/tiong363/elmo.jpg[/IMG]
TiOnGSquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #116

GIMP

Product Name: GIMP

Product Description/Features:
What is it for? GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.

Last edited by T3rmite; 15-07-2009 at 10:28 PM..
T3rmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 AM   #117

Hi ya all.
I am looking for good free spyware and adware remover... can you recommend me some?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #118
Great Supremacy Member

Hi,

You can take a look at this few posted in this thread.

Spybot - Search and Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware Free

Also, do look at : MalwareBytes
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #119

Product Name : 3RVX (v2.5)
Official Website : http://matt.malensek.net/software/do...tion/3RVX.html
Download Website : http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop...-Control.shtml

- What is 3RVX?
  • 3RVX is a free and useful OSD volume notification/control tool which emulates the volume bezel of Mac OS X. When the volume changes, the bezel pops up with the current system volume level. New skins included in v2.5
  • Display the volume level in the system tray (like in Vista)
  • Notify you when drives are ejected
- Why 3RVX?
  • You have a multimedia peripherals and wish to have visual indicators of what's the current volume level. Just like the laptops' volume wheel OSD, but 3RVX is better.
- I don't have multimedia keyboard to adjust volume.
  • You can now assign hotkey to increase or decrease volume. Example: Win+Up and Win+Down keys. Therefore, any keyboard would be compatible.
- What's so special about 3RVX?
  • 3RVX features custom volume levelling, so you can assign each stroke to increase 5% of volume, or 10% etc. 3RVX has customizable skin, you don't get bored with the same OSD like those pre-installed in laptops.
  • Latest version of 3RVX fixes some issues with fullscreen application. You will not experience 'stuck' volume like those in laptops' OSD. (i.e. pressing decrease volume once in full-screen apps will decrease volume all the way down.)
  • 3RVX can be placed anywhere in the desktop, you can map your desired OSD position.
  • 3RVX allows you to set the duration of OSD, including fade speed.
  • 3RVX works with various devices. (Tested : Griffin AirClick USB, A4Tech X6-55D, Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000, laptop volume wheel & hotkey)
Bottomline : 3RVX is a light and beautiful OSD tool to let you see what's the current volume level, just like your Television. It is compatible with many computers, remotes, and keyboards, yet is free-of-charge.

Last edited by nismo91; 08-09-2009 at 09:35 PM..
nismo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #120
Arch-Supremacy Member

hello all,

any free software to recover deleted video files from SD card? Thank you.
goaheadbingostan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.