Microsoft Office 365

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DJ Pork Chop
  • 1 Post By invwar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #1

Question Microsoft Office 365

Hi there,
Had purchased the Office 365 from their website, approx. SGD $148 per year.

What got me curious are the ads which appear on social media like FaceBook where I see software like "Office Professional Plus 2019" at $9.99 … OK the software may be outdated but that is not legit, right?

Just wondering if anyone is willing to shed some more light or experience on this please. Thanks.
tbird000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
Master Member

click the ad and see what website the ad leads you to, if it is Microsoft then you might have been targeted by their re-targeting pixel on FB.

Re-targeting pixel works like this... if you came across a website selling a particular Nike shoe (whether you buy or not), they will fire a re-targeting pixel into your browser such that when you next visit Google search or Facebook, their Nike ad will "follow" and be displayed to you in order to convert you into higher chance of buying their Nike shoe.

Back to your Microsoft case, chances are you have re-targeting pixel fired into your browser when you visit Microsoft website so that Microsoft can show their ad to you on Facebook or Google in order to convert you into buying their other products.

Last edited by Hafi; 10-02-2020 at 05:40 PM..
Hafi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:18 PM   #3

better to download original from microsoft site
kennyyap79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #4

if the price is very low, careful that it is fake software...

but there will be other licenses... whereby it is offering cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) vs Microsoft website...
Old 15-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #5

Hi there,

What got me curious are the ads which appear on social media like FaceBook where I see software like "Office Professional Plus 2019" at $9.99 … OK the software may be outdated but that is not legit, right?

Just wondering if anyone is willing to shed some more light or experience on this please. Thanks.
i might be abit late but i hope this helps whoever sees this.

basically there are people out there who did credit card scams etc. to make full use of the credit card, they buy a lot of keys of software. examples are microsoft office 2019, adobe acrobat, windows 10 etc. then they sell these keys for cheap to clear them fast.

when microsoft or adobe realize these keys are fake, they will disable the license key, to make the key unusable.

another possibility is the software is sold by someone who bought volume licensing. they have 300 keys to be generated and distributed to be used internally by their company. they sell these extra keys cheaply to make a quick buck. but companies can easily reset the keys distributed to make the key unusable.

so the conclusion & tldr:
1. there are keys sold for cheap. less than $15
2. legit? sort of. they are legit keys until they are resetted
3. there are people who use these cheap software keys, able to use for 1 year + no one kaciao.

the question is when will these license be resetted, u are basically buying it cheap, but not knowing how long it will last.

and also, ts, u might want to look at cheaper alternative for office licenses. microsoft sells single license the most expensive.
theres an sg vendor that sells it cheaper. https://www.exabytes.sg/office-365#business

$11 per mth would put it at $132.

basically u can activate on 5 device.. which means 5 pc can use this license concurrently. i let u think of what it means by that
shawnbright likes this.
DJ Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 10:46 AM   #6

example office 365
if we are given 10 user
can we create 10 user for one drive
or all user shared one ONEDRive?
ApexMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 09:26 PM   #7
High Honorary Member

basically there are people out there who did credit card scams etc. to make full use of the credit card, they buy a lot of keys of software. examples are microsoft office 2019, adobe acrobat, windows 10 etc. then they sell these keys for cheap to clear them fast.

when microsoft or adobe realize these keys are fake, they will disable the license key, to make the key unusable.

another possibility is the software is sold by someone who bought volume licensing. they have 300 keys to be generated and distributed to be used internally by their company. they sell these extra keys cheaply to make a quick buck. but companies can easily reset the keys distributed to make the key unusable.

3. there are people who use these cheap software keys, able to use for 1 year + no one kaciao.

the question is when will these license be resetted, u are basically buying it cheap, but not knowing how long it will last.

and also, ts, u might want to look at cheaper alternative for office licenses. microsoft sells single license the most expensive.
theres an sg vendor that sells it cheaper. https://www.exabytes.sg/office-365#business

basically u can activate on 5 device.. which means 5 pc can use this license concurrently. i let u think of what it means by that
Very informative. Thanks for sharing
mrclubbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 04:59 PM   #8

Great read liao! Haha thank you!
shawnbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #9

Hi are you willing to share with me the Home Office 365 plan? I don't mind paying for 1 user space.

Also, anyone who has a vacant slot drop me a WhatsApp text at https://wa.me/6588112388 with pricing details thanks.

If not, I'll be getting the same 148 a year plan. If anyone is keen, pricing will start at 3.50 dollars a month per user, and 35 dollars a year per user if you opt for yearly payment.

Hi there,

galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #10

Rather than using software that cannot be ascertain the originality, why not consider using something that is virtually free - personal office (online) at the following:

1) Google drive
2) Microsoft onedrive

Microsoft's strength is familiarity w the Office desktops software. Google's strength is in it's simplicity, search functionality and integration with Google Cloud.
jackoats.sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 08:03 PM   #11

theres an sg vendor that sells it cheaper.

I have to add for if its legal, as I read an article where this was discussed with a digital rights lawyer:

The problem is, that you assume you buy a valid license with the key, but actually you just buy the valid key. They are two different things. With a valid license, you are getting a valid key, but not other way around. Thus, you have not the right to use the license and thus the product and Microsoft can always deactivate it. They even could sue you, but this is usually not the MS way, they might offer you to buy a valid license so.
Its btw relatively save to use, but try to stick to semi reliable seller. If its just a volume license misued, its less problematic (morally). But you might also end of buying a key bought with a stolen CC, they live usually very shortly.

Its a bit like you get phone stolen. You are still the owner and have the right to get it back, still the thief has it in his possession and can use it.
outer92 likes this.
invwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.