Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PCWX App Discussion...

Like Tree295Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2017, 12:40 AM   #31
Master Member

eh. didn't affect anything
just a toast message.

eh. see. if the thread I have 500 people quoting me. then now someone replies to the thread but not quoting me and I receive 500 pager notification.that would be a problem. I think no one wants to receive that much of the notification.

if someone is replying to the thread after some time. why do you notify the person? unless the someone is quoting your post to reply.
hi man,

you wont get all 500 notifications when someone quotes you. the pager only checks for the last page of the last post if it contains your username.

the reason why u are getting an old quote is because of how the pager script works. if the thread has been inactive for more than 3 days, the last postID will be deleted from db to save storage space. hundreds of postsID are added into DB everyday which is huge.

if someone suddenly bumps a thread for more than 3 days, all the postsID in the last page will be added back because previously it was deleted and does not exists. dont worry most users will only have avg 1-3 posts in the one page, so just ignore.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kuma-mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:47 AM   #32
Master Member

Does not happen with gagt
Anyways problem solved . Another minor problem I have is the bookmark button , when I press on the dotdotdot thing , it shows the star for awhile before closing back. Impossible to bookmark ... Any idea why?
hi,

hmmm by right it shouldnt behave like that. it should just stay open. which android version using? let me go see if its behave the same.

either way u can swipe left to show the star icon instead of clicking on the dotdotdot thing.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:49 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

no wonder can't find thread today.

unfortunately update had not solved my loop scrolling within thread.

Nonetheless, good all-in-one app. keep up the good work.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by touchme; 06-07-2017 at 11:08 AM..
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #34
Great Supremacy Member

hi man,

you wont get all 500 notifications when someone quotes you. the pager only checks for the last page of the last post if it contains your username.

the reason why u are getting an old quote is because of how the pager script works. if the thread has been inactive for more than 3 days, the last postID will be deleted from db to save storage space. hundreds of postsID are added into DB everyday which is huge.

if someone suddenly bumps a thread for more than 3 days, all the postsID in the last page will be added back because previously it was deleted and does not exists. dont worry most users will only have avg 1-3 posts in the one page, so just ignore.
I see. understand.

I guess that's fine.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #35

hi man,

waa thanks for highlighting this. i assumed my app will show oldest post first but i forget that hwz auto set newest post as default when u sign up new account. this is a big issue for my app because when u resume post, it will jump to the wrong post and will cause my app to crash. my app only works one way. i think i am able to set it to show oldest first by default when user login.

anyway, you can change the settings it in hwz website under "User CP" menu, in forum options..

change to "linear- oldest first"

got it. fixed. thanks man!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Jason357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #36

hi,

i just pushed out an update to playstore

Changelog:

i might have fixed the jumping post bug too but cant confirmed because i cant really replicate the issue on any of the device I'm testing. let's see if people still encountering it after the update
Hi the infinity loop issue is still around. When I enter the thread and scroll to the last post, it was fine. I can see the end of the thread showing "Sian end of thread".

However when I scroll up and pull to the previous page, then scroll back down to the last post, the infinity loop issue came back.

*Notice at the top it shows page 30 - 31 / 31.

After which I tried to use the option - jump to last post, the whole app went haywire and auto refresh back to edmw main page.

Hope this is clearer.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #37

Two more issues
1)
When I enter the thread by clicking the last page, the page number is correct.

But if I enter the thread and resume to my previous visited page, the page numbering becomes wrong

2)
As per my previous post regarding the infinity loop issue, some post are missing. See the post number, suddenly jump.
I believe there's something wrong with your "go to previous page" function. After pulling to scroll up, everything goes haywire.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #38
Master Member

Two more issues
1)
When I enter the thread by clicking the last page, the page number is correct.

But if I enter the thread and resume to my previous visited page, the page numbering becomes wrong

2)
As per my previous post regarding the infinity loop issue, some post are missing. See the post number, suddenly jump.
I believe there's something wrong with your "go to previous page" function. After pulling to scroll up, everything goes haywire.
hi man,

sry, im pretty aware of this scrolling issue. trying to fix it. i cant seem to replicate this issue on any of my device im testing, so its hard for me to know what is the source of the problem. like you mentioned, it might be because of the pull to scroll up function. but then your resume part is affected too, which i have separated. let me go and diagnose my code thoroughly.

edit: okay i think i knw where the problem comes from. the last page should be showing as "101" instead of 31, thats why when u enter the thread it assumes the last page is 31. in fact all the pages number is wrong if you compare my screenshot to yours. can you try refreshing the travel forum and see if the page numbers changes? thanks anyway i think i managed to find the source of this problem.

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by kuma-mon; 06-07-2017 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #39

hi man,

sry, im pretty aware of this scrolling issue. trying to fix it. i cant seem to replicate this issue on any of my device im testing, so its hard for me to know what is the source of the problem. like you mentioned, it might be because of the pull to scroll up function. but then your resume part is affected too, which i have separated. let me go and diagnose my code thoroughly.

edit: okay i think i knw where the problem comes from. the last page should be showing as "101" instead of 31, thats why when u enter the thread it assumes the last page is 31. in fact all the pages number is wrong if you compare my screenshot to yours. can you try refreshing the travel forum and see if the page numbers changes? thanks anyway i think i managed to find the source of this problem.

The page number for me is still 31 instead of 101. I think it might be linked to the setting of how many post per page?

Not sure if you tied/linked this setting to our hwz setting.

Edit: yes I am right. When I changed my account forum setting (number of post per page) to default, the number of pages become 101. My original number of post is 50 per page. The page is 31.

But still, forum setting should not affect your app. GAGT doesn't have this issue.

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by sellun; 06-07-2017 at 04:25 PM..
Old 06-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #40
Master Member

The page number for me is still 31 instead of 101. I think it might be linked to the setting of how many post per page?

Not sure if you tied/linked this setting to our hwz setting.

Edit: yes I am right. When I changed my account forum setting (number of post per page) to default, the number of pages become 101. My original number of post is 50 per page. The page is 31.

But still, forum setting should not affect your app. GAGT doesn't have this issue.

hi ,

i see...okok i think that might be the reason why got this scrolling bug, because different people have different number of posts per page. my app only calculates 15 post per page, so it will screw up the algorithmn. i have to make it flexible, not fixed 15 which i assumed its the default.

okay thanks so much, i think now i understand where this bug comes from. will go look into it and fix it.

edit: just to make sure, after u change to to show default number of posts instead of 50, does the infinity scroll in the last page still happens?
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by kuma-mon; 06-07-2017 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #41

hi ,

i see...okok i think that might be the reason why got this scrolling bug, because different people have different number of posts per page. my app only calculates 15 post per page, so it will screw up the algorithmn. i have to make it flexible, not fixed 15 which i assumed its the default.

okay thanks so much, i think now i understand where this bug comes from. will go look into it and fix it.

edit: just to make sure, after u change to to show default number of posts instead of 50, does the infinity scroll in the last page still happens?
Just tried and am glad to inform you that the infinity scroll is fixed!
It's really this setting..

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #42
Master Member

Just tried and am glad to inform you that the infinity scroll is fixed!
It's really this setting..
okay thanks a lot, okay so the issue is caused from this. okay i have to make it flexible instead of assuming everyone shows 15 posts per page which causes this infinity scroll.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #43

under subscribe thread cannot refresh?.
also reach end of thread the post button disappear.. normally people scroll to the end then wanna post reply or something.. btw I'm using your app now
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #44
Master Member

under subscribe thread cannot refresh?.
also reach end of thread the post button disappear.. normally people scroll to the end then wanna post reply or something.. btw I'm using your app now
haha thanks for using my app.

okay i can put the refresh button as an update for the subscribed page. for the post button it disappears becoz it will block text on the right side, especially on the last post. so i hide it when user scrolls down. u have to scroll up a bit and the button will appear again.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #45
Master Member

this is a testing post
testing reply
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.