sry im just testing out unicode reply here

的事故事务院治党派驻地是不是
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kuma-mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #47
High Supremacy Member

sry im just testing out unicode reply here

的事故事务院治党派驻地是不是
ooh pcwx can type Chinese now? how about those emoji(not HWZ emoticon)?

~Dragonite~ likes this.
amazingone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #48
Master Member

ooh pcwx can type Chinese now? how about those emoji(not HWZ emoticon)?
haha yea can type, im testing out now. will release in the next update. emoji support cannot yet.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #49
Supremacy Member

haha yea can type, im testing out now. will release in the next update. emoji support cannot yet.
If it is unicode, you might be able to.
http://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html
https://gist.github.com/endolith/157796

Just offer the list already found in unicode.

Eg:
♥️ - \u2665\uFE0F
☺️ - \u263A\uFE0F
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by davidktw; 06-07-2017 at 07:52 PM..
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #50

its a great alternative app.. 3 cheers
~Dragonite~ likes this.
bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #51
Master Member

If it is unicode, you might be able to.
http://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html
https://gist.github.com/endolith/157796

Just offer the list already found in unicode.

Eg:
♥️ - \u2665\uFE0F
☺️ - \u263A\uFE0F
let me test if can type in emoji + unicode

😂🤣😋😎😋😊😉😊😊😙☺️🤗

TESting

的事故事务院治党派驻地是不是
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #52
High Supremacy Member

let me test if can type in emoji + unicode

����������☺️�

TESting

的事故事务院治党派驻地是不是
emoji and Chinese

~Dragonite~ likes this.
amazingone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #53

hi. realised when I go to sub forum, I don't have the choice to choose to go another sub forum anymore.

Not sure if you can make an option for us to adjust the size of the text. I think partly because of the theme, eye gets tired very easily when reading wordy post. A bigger font would help, and of course option to choose other colour scheme as mentioned before by others (Best is can customise colour).
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by sellun; 07-07-2017 at 08:31 AM..
sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #54
Master Member

I will be releasing an update today.

Changelog:

:v1.0.5

😀😀😀😀모아놓은 될까요
Added support for unicode and emoji text
Fixed infinity scrolling loop when user reaches last post
Fixed bug where reply button is shown when thread is locked and viewing PM under "Sent" category
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by kuma-mon; 07-07-2017 at 11:52 AM..
Old 07-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #55
Master Member

hi. realised when I go to sub forum, I don't have the choice to choose to go another sub forum anymore.

Not sure if you can make an option for us to adjust the size of the text. I think partly because of the theme, eye gets tired very easily when reading wordy post. A bigger font would help, and of course option to choose other colour scheme as mentioned before by others (Best is can customise colour).
hi,

yup i understand, stay tuned. i will be releasing an update to change white/darkmode soon. for the sub forums, sorry i cant do that because in HWZ website alone, if u go to subforums page, they wont show the other subforums. you have to go back to the parent forum. my app is just parsing content from the HWZ website.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #56

hi,

yup i understand, stay tuned. i will be releasing an update to change white/darkmode soon. for the sub forums, sorry i cant do that because in HWZ website alone, if u go to subforums page, they wont show the other subforums. you have to go back to the parent forum. my app is just parsing content from the HWZ website.
in GAGT he can do it.. not sure how he did it tho.

btw, understand there's a setting for auto download of gif. even if never turn on auto download, you won't see gif if it is in original post but quoted post will still auto download.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by sellun; 07-07-2017 at 01:14 PM..
sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #57
Supremacy Member

hi,

Sharing on how you can design your application. Don't treat your application as a one-to-one mapping to the website.

Your mobile application is like a collector to the HWZ site information. You can always consult multiple URLs of the forum to retrieve all the information that you need to present a view in your application.

Got example, suppose your application provides a feature that allows any user to nitpick on as many sub-forums as they wish and group them into a list called "My Favourite Forums". In this case, "My Favourite Forums" does not exist in HWZ. But you can follow a list of favourites configured by the end-user, to fetch from the corresponding URLs to fetch back multiple pages of HTML. Parse through these HTML pages for the posts in each of them, formulate your own data model in your mobile app and display them in the consolidated view.

In the realm of your own app, you design your concept of how information are consolidated and displayed. You don't need to follow the source unless that is your intention. You can do things like periodically access some pages to get updated information even if the user did not initiate it to provide features like intelligent preloading based on end-users' access patterns on frequency of visits, recentness of visits, and so forth. Then updated information can be force updated on the mobile app even if the user did not perform a reload. Whether this make sense or not, depends on what you want your application to be like.

You could also have "My Followed Threads" view, which will then consolidate threads from all over the forum and formulate into a single list within a view. Manipulating individual posts in this list, will be analogous to someone clicking on the browser into the forum, then into the specific thread, scroll to the post, reply, edit, or so forth. But you don't need to follow this workflow. All you have is REQUEST/RESPONSE, you can free to jump from one REQUEST to another which can be totally unrelated.

Hope you get a better idea for your endeavour.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by davidktw; 07-07-2017 at 01:33 PM..
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #58
Master Member

in GAGT he can do it.. not sure how he did it tho.

btw, understand there's a setting for auto download of gif. even if never turn on auto download, you won't see gif if it is in original post but quoted post will still auto download.
hi,

thanks i will fix the auto download gif n the next update.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #59
Master Member

Sharing on how you can design your application. Don't treat your application as a one-to-one mapping to the website.

Your mobile application is like a collector to the HWZ site information. You can always consult multiple URLs of the forum to retrieve all the information that you need to present a view in your application.

Got example, suppose your application provides a feature that allows any user to nitpick on as many sub-forums as they wish and group them into a list called "My Favourite Forums". In this case, "My Favourite Forums" does not exist in HWZ. But you can follow a list of favourites configured by the end-user, to fetch from the corresponding URLs to fetch back multiple pages of HTML. Parse through these HTML pages for the posts in each of them, formulate your own data model in your mobile app and display them in the consolidated view.

In the realm of your own app, you design your concept of how information are consolidated and displayed. You don't need to follow the source unless that is your intention. You can do things like periodically access some pages to get updated information even if the user did not initiate it to provide features like intelligent preloading based on end-users' access patterns on frequency of visits, recentness of visits, and so forth. Then updated information can be force updated on the mobile app even if the user did not perform a reload. Whether this make sense or not, depends on what you want your application to be like.

You could also have "My Followed Threads" view, which will then consolidate threads from all over the forum and formulate into a single list within a view. Manipulating individual posts in this list, will be analogous to someone clicking on the browser into the forum, then into the specific thread, scroll to the post, reply, edit, or so forth. But you don't need to follow this workflow. All you have is REQUEST/RESPONSE, you can free to jump from one REQUEST to another which can be totally unrelated.

Hope you get a better idea for your endeavour.
hi david,

thanks a lot for the advise. i think i knw what u mean 😉

i already have set a few features into my app and they are all calling from other hwz sub domains but i will definitely can make the UX better which i have a few in mind that i will implement in the future updates
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57 PM   #60
Arch-Supremacy Member

wanted to help u test OP but I dun use Android. tried Bluestacks on Mac but support up to only Android 4. too bad...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.