HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend best cloud upload and storage

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

This service serves like a bank isn't it? You don't get to frequently access the file as and when you want to. Correct me if I am wrong here.
if u have issue with cost of download n upload why not give Wasabi a try.
szeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #32
aqf
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone using gsuite?
aqf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:30 AM   #33
Master Member

Anyone using gsuite?
I am using both free and business gsuite with own domain names.
Hafi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #34
aqf
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok I'll planning to get a domain name and apply for gsuite business. Storage is unlimited for 1 user $12 ya

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
aqf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #35

Google drive most convenient for me try it la
youngmummyemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #36
Master Member

Ok I'll planning to get a domain name and apply for gsuite business. Storage is unlimited for 1 user $12 ya

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
on paper its 1TB per user if less than 5 pax but so far its not enforced and you are free to upload "un-metered". Before you sign up, you can do a search on Google for 20% discount coupon for your 1st year subscription.
Hafi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #37

How about Zoolz cloud storage? What is your view on this solution? They currently offer 1Tb for 3year subscription for USD35.

Thanks in advance.

Your assessment is quite correct, but make sure you read up carefully on the cost and latency to retrieve your data. Normally Glacier storage are for really long term storage such as logs which institutes will safe keep for compliance purposes.

It can be more expensive to retrieve data frequently from glacier compared to S3 if you are not careful. Read up on https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/?nc=sn&loc=4 to see the pricing model.

Suppose you have a video file of 4GB that you could store in S3 for 1 month and retrieve it 10 times per month, that should cost as follows

There will always be data transfer cost no matter which approach you use, but retrieving from S3 standard typically do not incur other more of other cost and is immediate, while retrieving from Glacier will incur extra retrieval cost.

So if you are just retrieving the data once per month and you don't mind the asynchronous slow turn around time, you can store them in glacier. Retrieving from glacier is not just download as a link that simple. You either use the S3 Glacier API to initiate a retrieve which you can be notified later when it is ready, or you initiate it where it will be made available into S3 standard for retrieval when it is ready.
everex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #38

I'm using Dropbox for storage, and syncing. My desktop, documents, download folders are on Dropbox. I chose Dropbox over OneDrive, Google Drive for stability reason. I've think about using other that are more suited for just long term storage, but find them just don't find them user friendly enough.

Sent from Careeach HR using GAGT
hazardhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.