The Official Xperia S thread

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. He is right. Switch to GSM ONLY and my battery didnt drop much overnight, that is more than 6 hrs or ard there.

I can reproduce this defect 100% of the time anyway. :)

cloudaeris

Reaction score
Note the last picture where the launcher looks the same as what we have now. I hope they can change the launcher's design or whatnot....

true haha, i hav an xperia play, n i tink even after upgrading to ics, the overall design (home, icons, ui) would look the same, but only with added ics features.

gone through some searching, n i've actually installed the apks extracted from xperia s, n now, my Play has some of the cool looks from XS, like calender, music player, home, tools widget, phonebook, call log, etc.

Last edited:

lucianara

Reaction score
Yes. He is right. Switch to GSM ONLY and my battery didnt drop much overnight, that is more than 6 hrs or ard there.

I can reproduce this defect 100% of the time anyway. :)

Didn't drop much is about how much? My battery drop 3%/hr on idle mode on WCDMA preferred/GSM but have just changed to GSM only. So trying to have a gauge. :)

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup same. Tried it out just now, very unreliable performance on my XS. On default sensitivity, more often than not it doesn't work. Didn't try the other sensitivity settings before uninstalling.
i use the easy detection setting

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't drop much is about how much? My battery drop 3%/hr on idle mode on WCDMA preferred/GSM but have just changed to GSM only. So trying to have a gauge. :)

Recent last few nights on GSM from 100 to 95/94%. Recent few nights on wcdma/gsm from 100 to 75/74%.

blacksmith

Reaction score
Changed to "WCDMA only". dropped from 100% to 98% for 2.5 hour (mainly standby, screen on for 3 minutes only).

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
My advice will be..

Don't worry too much abt the battery usage...

We buy a phone to use...not pay money to buy worries...

It's a fact now smart phones are battery hunger devices...that's why we call them smart..

lol

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My advice will be..

Don't worry too much abt the battery usage...

We buy a phone to use...not pay money to buy worries...

It's a fact now smart phones are battery hunger devices...that's why we call them smart..

lol

True, when you get Dual Core processor phone, you already worry about the battery life and indeed that our Xperia S has a better battery life compared to Samsung S2 or Note so imagine when your processor has been upgraded to a Quad Core and your battery technology cannot catch up with the processor technology and speed.

Zeph_ng

Reaction score
Busy busy busy busy x.x

Anyways, if you guys want something else other than the 'Xperia Home' launcher once ICS hits all the platforms, use either Nova or Apex Launcher

Nova is slightly lighter (Nova Prime is the paid for version), Apex has slightly more features than you can get. You can rename homescreen app names and change the icons on both launchers

Should you have the knowhow and are capable of replacing the Xperia Home launcher with either of these (IIRC, I'm using Apex myself), you'll be able to bring the previewed widgets onto the homescreen effortlessly

Anyways, the announcement of the Xperia L w/ ICS was announced earlier than I thought it would, thought it'd be announced slightly later in the week

Anyways, look forward to ICS

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Busy busy busy busy x.x

Anyways, if you guys want something else other than the 'Xperia Home' launcher once ICS hits all the platforms, use either Nova or Apex Launcher

Nova is slightly lighter (Nova Prime is the paid for version), Apex has slightly more features than you can get. You can rename homescreen app names and change the icons on both launchers

Should you have the knowhow and are capable of replacing the Xperia Home launcher with either of these (IIRC, I'm using Apex myself), you'll be able to bring the previewed widgets onto the homescreen effortlessly

Anyways, the announcement of the Xperia L w/ ICS was announced earlier than I thought it would, thought it'd be announced slightly later in the week

Anyways, look forward to ICS

So i take it that ICS is on the way now? :D

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I believe ICS software for xperia should already be in RTM stage. Now maybe just need approval from some shots and good to go.

Ivan Chia

Reaction score
Just installed PS Store on xperia S for fun. Didn't see any game feel like buying to try out thot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.