The Official Xperia S thread

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe it lost the satellite fix... can happen if covered or due to bad weather, i.e. cloudy or rainy...

initially i thought that was the issue, but over two days, different weather and i still get the same thing. So decide to check with fellow XS here.

centauri61

Reaction score
initially i thought that was the issue, but over two days, different weather and i still get the same thing. So decide to check with fellow XS here.

i use the navi gps more than google maps... sometimes it takes longer to get a fix on the satellites... but that's about it... haven't met with other problems like urs yet, sorrie...

Zeph_ng

Reaction score
lol. i find his voice sounds very familiar. i wonder is he the guy at the suntec it fair @singtel booth.

Yeah, that's me, with a hat

I have the live dock and a pc xbox 360 controller.
Perhaps I should try.
:D

The USB xBox360 controller won't play nicely, not with mine anyway, but it played like a charm with my ICS based arc S

Gotta maybe wait for ICS before that 360 controller becomes functional with Essie

kite_racer

Reaction score

The USB xBox360 controller won't play nicely, not with mine anyway, but it played like a charm with my ICS based arc S

Gotta maybe wait for ICS before that 360 controller becomes functional with Essie

omg i actually met u in person. r u working for singtel or sony?

misashiX

Reaction score
Wanna check with fellow XS...
when i use my GPS for Google maps, the phone was not able to pick up my location, about few streets away. After some time, the phone can no longer find out where i am at all.

Does anyone experience this on their XS too?
I tried to search online, seems like got some ppl complaining about the same issue too.

I also have the same problem when I try to use google maps. The position seem to be drifting away and at wrong direction. It is a clear sky so I am not too sure what wrong. For navigation, it will be slightly better but will have same problem after a while.

Dixon.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you mean it works more 'properly' with ICS?

evangelion_unit002

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i need help. How do you change the default keyboard to Chinese keyboard. I don't how I made it to Japanese Keyboard and I cant switch back.

waddahell

Reaction score
Hello fellow XS users.
My data plan always auto shut off after a period of maybe 10 mins even when I'm surfing halfway.
Any1 knows what is the problem? TIA.:)

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow XS users.
My data plan always auto shut off after a period of maybe 10 mins even when I'm surfing halfway.
Any1 knows what is the problem? TIA.:)

What do you mean by auto-shut off? Maybe you are experiencing reception problems due to our lousy local networks.

waddahell

Reaction score
What do you mean by auto-shut off? Maybe you are experiencing reception problems due to our lousy local networks.
Like after 10 mins i get the notification on top of the screen "Data traffic is disabled". I seriously doubt so that since my data traffic is getting cut off like every 10-15 mins.

Loveless_80

Reaction score
any bros here encountered when the phone boot up, some of the apps installed the original icons have been changed to a unable to locate app? even tapping on the icon oso cannot launch it. It will show unable to locate app..
only way is to reboot it again to get back the apps

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like after 10 mins i get the notification on top of the screen "Data traffic is disabled". I seriously doubt so that since my data traffic is getting cut off like every 10-15 mins.

No such experience. Maybe you need to pay a visit to service center or just flash your firmware.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any bros here encountered when the phone boot up, some of the apps installed the original icons have been changed to a unable to locate app? even tapping on the icon oso cannot launch it. It will show unable to locate app..
only way is to reboot it again to get back the apps

Yes, it have problems reading the eMMC. To avoid problems like this, I keep some frequently used apps in phone memory storage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.