HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official Xperia Z Thread

Like Tree1065Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #5206

Agree. Some issues maybe caused by android as it has not stabilized yet so nothing to do with Sony. With Sony's expertise in software, it is much better compared to other brands.
agreed. I was a Sony ericsson user for many years. I tried S3 last year & within half a year give me lotsa issues till i sell away & go back to Sony. S4 available internal memory is less than what the Z has & recently it had a sms phishing bug with their Samsung cloud backup.
wolvie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #5207
Supremacy Member

I am using ZL and on 4.2.2 now.. one thing I can't figure out is, how to minimise the lockscreen mechanism and maximise the lockscreen widget? :/
to activate lockscreen widget..u need to swipe left or right..then u will see lock screen widget....if you want unlock screen...swipe up to minimize widget then you can swipe down or up to get ur phone unlock..
Old 28-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #5208
Master Member

question for Starhub user, did SH charge for MicroSIM card? we are using MiniSIM currently.

The Tampines Mall Starhub shop insist we have to pay if we want a MicroSIM to use on XZ. as a SH user for >10 years, I had never heard of this BS. every time I re-contract, a new SIM will be offered, either because of new SIM format or new cellular network. these employees at Tampines Mall always have some BS, previously asking to look at a black HTC One, they told me to look at the white model and visualize as black.
epos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #5209
Supremacy Member

question for Starhub user, did SH charge for MicroSIM card? we are using MiniSIM currently.

The Tampines Mall Starhub shop insist we have to pay if we want a MicroSIM to use on XZ. as a SH user for >10 years, I had never heard of this BS. every time I re-contract, a new SIM will be offered, either because of new SIM format or new cellular network. these employees at Tampines Mall always have some BS, previously asking to look at a black HTC One, they told me to look at the white model and visualize as black.
why not use an adapter?
Old 28-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #5210
Master Member

why not use an adapter?
MiniSIM can only be cut to fit in MicroSIM slot.

but that's beside the point, I had never in my mobile life to be ask to pay for the SIM, except when I lost the phone. ~$30 is no much, but its their attitude that pissed me. I just bought HTC One form Starhub online last week and the MicroSIM was handed to me without any cost.

One thing for sure, this can be solved without fuss, but that wasn't in the minds of StarHub Tampines Mall.
Old 28-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #5211
Supremacy Member

MiniSIM can only be cut to fit in MicroSIM slot.

but that's beside the point, I had never in my mobile life to be ask to pay for the SIM, except when I lost the phone. ~$30 is no much, but its their attitude that pissed me. I just bought HTC One form Starhub online last week and the MicroSIM was handed to me without any cost.

One thing for sure, this can be solved without fuss, but that wasn't in the minds of StarHub Tampines Mall.
even M1 is now charging the same thing..maybe can ask for their manager and then ask for waiver if not..tell them you going to sign other telco where normally sign new line will give free sim card..
Old 28-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #5212
Master Member

even M1 is now charging the same thing..maybe can ask for their manager and then ask for waiver if not..tell them you going to sign other telco where normally sign new line will give free sim card..
If Starhub do introduce a new SIM policy then I'm fine but they told me it was always chargeable!
Old 28-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #5213

307 update still haven reach sg yet cause my pc companion still say 253 latest?
Old 28-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #5214
Supremacy Member

307 update still haven reach sg yet cause my pc companion still say 253 latest?
The latest update available to other countries is the 423 firmware, which is Android 4.2.2. Doubt 307 was ever meant for Singapore release.
hush66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #5215

The latest update available to other countries is the 423 firmware, which is Android 4.2.2. Doubt 307 was ever meant for Singapore release.
Okay thanks didn't know that
Old 29-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #5216

4.2 reach SG already? Or still haven't.
DoraemonBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #5217
Master Member

4.2 reach SG already? Or still haven't.
not yet... but stated on SG website is disbeliving
Old 29-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #5218

Wow thanks for the share. This review vid is by far the best and most comprehensive one. Would have been better if their subs in english instead hahas
Dr.Quattro likes this.
myhairverypain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #5219

Xperia Z pre-applied screen protector

Just found out our Z already has a pre-applied screen protector by Sony. If you remove it the Sony and Xperia logo will be gone together with it. Old news though so pardon me if you already know it.

And how to remove it

Last edited by viperx; 29-06-2013 at 03:24 PM..
viperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #5220
Master Member

Xperia Z pre-applied screen protector

Just found out our Z already has a pre-applied screen protector by Sony. If you remove it the Sony and Xperia logo will be gone together with it. Old news though so pardon me if you already know it.

And how to remove it
this is anti shatter film protector not really a SP
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.