ONE is here. XZ1, XZ1 Compact, X1.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No fragile glass back and no 2.5D curve at the screen is really nice. Less headache with tempered glass protector. :D

The curves on display is really not welcome, especially when seeking quality screen protection to cover whole display.
This is going in right direction.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No fragile glass back and no 2.5D curve at the screen is really nice. Less headache with tempered glass protector. :D

This is the realistic thing that kids out there don't get it.

They are like, "Oooohh... Curve display so nice so IN!. I don't care it the curved sides pose no usable function I just wanna follow trend!"

I have a friend who used Galaxy whatever-number before, and he told me getting a protector is quite hard, so end up he used a customized phone flip cover instead.

And for my experience, some of you already know my Z5 died and I am using a Redmi Note 4 as temp till I can recontract (which is now, but of course have to wait for next weekend if rumors about the 7th Oct sale is true)

It has slight curved display edges also. So Tempered glass protectors could not fully stick onto the screen, leaving air bubbles at the edges an having the tempered glass edges vulnerable and crack easily due to slight pressure.

Ended up I had to change every few days. After my 2nd replacement, I totally stopped using tempered glass protectors after. Very expensive on the long run.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The curves on display is really not welcome, especially when seeking quality screen protection to cover whole display.

iZombies and kZombies will just claim we are hiding our 'sour grapes feelings' by praising an 'outdated design' lol

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iZombies and kZombies will just claim we are hiding our 'sour grapes feelings' by praising an 'outdated design' lol

When you pay over 4 digits amount for a phone, naturally you would want to justify your purchase even if there are some impractical designs.

I can also fully understand why there are people who stand by 18:9 display even if they are smaller by the width, which is not practical for landscape mode.

Same thing happened few years back when fans are defending their brands for unchanged phone design and now they are criticizing Sony for maintaining the same design.
They will only say things in their favour. :D

mightythor

Reaction score
On the current discussion about the 2.5D curved screen, is it referring to the XZ1 or the XZ1 Compact? Are their screens flat, coz if it is, terrific, glass protector problems will be much lesser.. I had some difficulties with glass protector on my Xperia XZ - just didn't fit well.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
race course road listed xz1 at $790, should be export set.

went mustafa got a X at $315. :o

hueman

Reaction score
On the current discussion about the 2.5D curved screen, is it referring to the XZ1 or the XZ1 Compact? Are their screens flat, coz if it is, terrific, glass protector problems will be much lesser.. I had some difficulties with glass protector on my Xperia XZ - just didn't fit well.

I believe they are referring to the X-series, e.g. XA and to some extend X Compact.

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score

I agree. Have a Xiaomi mi6 and already headache with the bezelless screen....

weeguy

Reaction score
Pre-ordered the XZ1 Compact. Anyone found good cases or TGSP for it yet? I really like the Rhinoshield case for my XZ but there's no indication that there'll be one for the XZ1C.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XZ1 doesn't have a 2.5D curve glass, but the XZ1 Compact has a 2.5D curve glass

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree. Have a Xiaomi mi6 and already headache with the bezelless screen....

The curves on mi6 is minor compared to other brands, even like the XZ premium.
But mi6 is not bezel-less if I am not wrong. :s22:

agent_719

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to molest. The black jin swee. Design definitely look much better than x compact.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The black on both xz1 and compact is Matty sweet and decent finger nail resistance hahahhah

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Initialing wanted to buy the chrome xzp, but saw the black xzs and bot it instead... Love the full black... But after putting on colored sp n case, don't look as chio anymore..

I hope one day I bear to use naked phone without case n sp

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.