Problems/Bugs Found in Sony Xperia Z2

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
double tap to on doesn't always work...

Same here. Am very sure is a software problem. Happen to Samsung phone year back. Well on the bright side it will still wake up. Not screen if death haha

neubie

Reaction score
maybe one of the reason why this phone is waterproof so that it needs water to cool down the CPU to prevent overheating :D

Last edited:

eric16

Reaction score
Big SIM slot design flaw in Sony Z2

Dear folks, it has been agonising today. My brand new Sony Z2 SIM slot connector pins broke.

The SIM slot connector pins got caught in the SIM card adaptor that was used for my nano sim card. When I got a proper Micro SIM from M1 to replace, the adaptor refuse to dislodge from the Z2's SIM slot. After some time, the adaptor came out.

Then after slotting the proper Micro SIM, the phone refuse to detect SIM card. Using a torch to look into the Z2's SIM slot, i realised the connectors were broken.

The SIM slot connectors are just very thin copper pieces sticking out in the opposite direction towards the internals of the phone, and it can very easily get caught in those SIM card adaptors that available on the market.

Sony Service Centre personnel say that if the SIM slot connectors are broken, have to change the entire motherboard which will cost almost a new Sony Z2.

Feel it is very unfair cos of the lousy design of the SIM slot, we have to bear the consequences if the SIM connectors broke due to us using SIM card adaptors or even a frequent removal of SIM cards may result the connectors breaking.

Now awaiting Sony Singapore to reply what is their next course of action. I hope they can replace my Sony Z2's motherboard for free because of this design flaw in the SIM card slot connectors.

eric16

Reaction score
Dear folks, it has been agonising today. My brand new Sony Z2 SIM slot connector pins broke.

The SIM slot connector pins got caught in the SIM card adaptor that was used for my nano sim card. When I got a proper Micro SIM from M1 to replace, the adaptor refuse to dislodge from the Z2's SIM slot. After some time, the adaptor came out.

Then after slotting the proper Micro SIM, the phone refuse to detect SIM card. Using a torch to look into the Z2's SIM slot, i realised the connectors were broken.

The SIM slot connectors are just very thin copper pieces sticking out in the opposite direction towards the internals of the phone, and it can very easily get caught in those SIM card adaptors that available on the market.

Sony Service Centre personnel say that if the SIM slot connectors are broken, have to change the entire motherboard which will cost almost a new Sony Z2.

Feel it is very unfair cos of the lousy design of the SIM slot, we have to bear the consequences if the SIM connectors broke due to us using SIM card adaptors or even a frequent removal of SIM cards may result the connectors breaking.

Now awaiting Sony Singapore to reply what is their next course of action. I hope they can replace my Sony Z2's motherboard for free because of this design flaw in the SIM card slot connectors.

An update: After using a magnifying glass, the connectors were not broken after all. It got bent upwards instead, so using a needle, I manage to "pull" it back down and it is now in contact with the SIM card.

Advise: Do not use SIM card adaptors with this phone cos the connectors are just suspending from the top and can easily lodge into the edges around the SIM card adaptors.

vaderBuhari

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm facing the same problem with a soft Ringtone. Ive figured out the problem now. As the z2 has 2 front facing speakers at the top and bottom, the preview of Ringtone will be played by all 3 speakers. Top bottom and the final 3 hole speak at the bottom of the phone. However,Ringtones are actually only played by the 3-hole speaker at the bottom when a call is coming in. Hence the soft sound.. Have yet to figure out how to solve this..

wongfaikit1

Reaction score
Just update my phone. Seem like the double tap function is solved. Very efficient team they have! haha

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
An update: After using a magnifying glass, the connectors were not broken after all. It got bent upwards instead, so using a needle, I manage to "pull" it back down and it is now in contact with the SIM card.

Advise: Do not use SIM card adaptors with this phone cos the connectors are just suspending from the top and can easily lodge into the edges around the SIM card adaptors.

Yes do not use SIM adapter.
The nano sim will come off the adaptor and cause problems, especially the not so good adapter.
It is just not design to be used with an adaptor.

My friend Z also ended up like this.

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm facing the same problem with a soft Ringtone. Ive figured out the problem now. As the z2 has 2 front facing speakers at the top and bottom, the preview of Ringtone will be played by all 3 speakers. Top bottom and the final 3 hole speak at the bottom of the phone. However,Ringtones are actually only played by the 3-hole speaker at the bottom when a call is coming in. Hence the soft sound.. Have yet to figure out how to solve this..

Z2 got 3 speakers?

feryox

Reaction score
1 issue, I have tried many times but I am still unable to pair wirelessly with my PC or Laptop. Everytime I tried to pair, the Sony PC Companion just hangs and not responding.
Need for force close the program. Can anyone help with this?

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello

i) flash assisted focusing not working at low light sitatuion. Tried all option doesn't seemed to work. Any ideas? (Or rather it does not work w touch focus)

ii) go to powermanagment then click on the graph do u see your wifi on always? Never seen it off before though physically I switched it off in day time

F@|c0n

Reaction score
the auto brightness doesnt really work for me. anyone experience the same thing?

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
the auto brightness doesnt really work for me. anyone experience the same thing?

also facing the saw problem. auto brightness does not work well, I believe it's the level of sensitivity in the software.

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
another bug I found, I increased the volume till it warn me of hearing damage, then the graphical level of the sound does not change at all, even when I lower the sound. my nexus 7 on kit Kat does not have the problem.

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes do not use SIM adapter.
The nano sim will come off the adaptor and cause problems, especially the not so good adapter.
It is just not design to be used with an adaptor.

My friend Z also ended up like this.

The slim tray for Z2 is horrible, it's just a pc of plastic so flimsy and they expect user to pull it out?

I guess if you change your sim often eg travelling overseas, very soon, the sim tray is going to give way.

Sony should have a metal sim tray..

saebino

Reaction score
the sim tray needs a little fingernail to catch on to it and pull out. I haven't had problems removing and putting it back since Z1 and tablet z.

1YEGG2KOSONG

Reaction score
hi guys, can anyone enlighten me how to go about setting speed dial for my z2. cant seems to find the option to do it. very puzzled. thanks!

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
the sim tray needs a little fingernail to catch on to it and pull out. I haven't had problems removing and putting it back since Z1 and tablet z.

I have big hands and fat fingers hahaha so find it hard to do :s13:

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have big hands and fat fingers hahaha so find it hard to do :s13:

Start growing long fingernails. :s13:

PHUACHUKANG.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.