Sony mobile exiting Asia market? | Goodbye Sony Xperia phone in SG?

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But their mobile division keeps mucking up whatever sensors they get through poor software and lack of features like ois

Xperia 1 don't even use all sensors from Sony.
The designer revealed that previously the noise cancellation algorithm was compressed into jpeg then remove noise.

Now they adopted the same method like alpha series.
Remove noise in raw then compress into jpeg.

Other companies already doing so, if Xperia 1 do so, confirm will be better than other companies.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many phones using Sony camera sensors... so if one still wants to support Sony, one can buy those phones using Sony camera sensors. :s13:

Lol. It doesn't work like this.
Sony OS UI also one of the best among all Android phones.

I am using Huawei now but guess I won't be buying another Huawei in future.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xperia 1 don't even use all sensors from Sony.
The designer revealed that previously the noise cancellation algorithm was compressed into jpeg then remove noise.

Now they adopted the same method like alpha series.
Remove noise in raw then compress into jpeg.

Other companies already doing so, if Xperia 1 do so, confirm will be better than other companies.
They revealed that they did that coz of the sony cameras. don't want to make the phone too good that camera biz lose $$

Get huawei liao, Leica lens with Sony sensor and maybe Samsung display?

Sent from Sony H8166 using GAGT

Lol. It doesn't work like this.
Sony OS UI also one of the best among all Android phones.

I am using Huawei now but guess I won't be buying another Huawei in future.

sony is as close to stock layout as you can get ba.. UI and bloatware very minimalistic

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They revealed that they did that coz of the sony cameras. don't want to make the phone too good that camera biz lose $$

sony is as close to stock layout as you can get ba.. UI and bloatware very minimalistic

Guess the mobile division is directly handle by the top person in Sony, so camera department also helps on their eye autofocus and nosie reduction.

Xperia 1 really gives people high hope.

incubus22

Reaction score
Guess the mobile division is directly handle by the top person in Sony, so camera department also helps on their eye autofocus and nosie reduction.

In the first place, competition is never internal.
Their short foresight leads to their downfall today.
No matter how good their software optimization is, consumers are suckers for raw hardware.
Let's hope it's not too late if they wake up their idea now.

Sent from Sony H8266 using GAGT

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

more like they were afraid the mobile "cannibalize" the camera dept if its too good.

same as why Kodak refused to adopt digital cameras (coz film was their main business)

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No matter how good their software optimization is, consumers are suckers for raw hardware.

Not always sucker for raw hardware. If yes then all top of the line hardware should be best seller. But look at ps4 and Xbox.

Reaction score

U need suckers by investing heavily on marketing like fruit phone n Sammy. See how many times their flops from antenna issue, display to battery issue. In the end still have suckers to buy

chooyoshi

Reaction score
U need suckers by investing heavily on marketing like fruit phone n Sammy. See how many times their flops from antenna issue, display to battery issue. In the end still have suckers to buy

Because Samsung has a very wide spread and diverse portfolio and they do fix their problems time to time. Sony definitely is a step behind in marketing, and they also never really fixed their issues like camera overheating

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because Samsung has a very wide spread and diverse portfolio and they do fix their problems time to time. Sony definitely is a step behind in marketing, and they also never really fixed their issues like camera overheating

a better word is they dont market in most asian countries(minus TW and HK)

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a better word is they dont market in most asian countries(minus TW and HK)

They chose not to, either ignoring or refusing.

First time I heard sammy fixes things from time to time.

I never know how my previous sammy galaxy phones get worse after each new android version.
I must be living in the quantum realm. :s13:

Only my sony phones keep the same good performance after updates.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They chose not to, either ignoring or refusing.

First time I heard sammy fixes things from time to time.

I never know how my previous sammy galaxy phones get worse after each new android version.
I must be living in the quantum realm. :s13:

Only my sony phones keep the same good performance after updates.

not to mention Samsung phones stop getting monthly updates very fast while sony still gets them for longer

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not to mention Samsung phones stop getting monthly updates very fast while sony still gets them for longer

har are you sure? Xperia XZ already chopped liao le. But Note FE/S8 still receiving monthly patches.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
har are you sure? Xperia XZ already chopped liao le. But Note FE/S8 still receiving monthly patches.

sony xz how old? note 8 how old?

and my 1 year old tablet (Samsung) stopped getting updates since last year

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sony xz how old? note 8 how old?

and my 1 year old tablet (Samsung) stopped getting updates since last year

I said Note FE but you twist to Note 8 :/

There are many Samsung phones with guaranteed Security updates.
https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.