Sony mobile exiting Asia market? | Goodbye Sony Xperia phone in SG?

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
japan is confirm no, most on the train are either using their clamshell phone or iphones:s22:

I have a clamshell too :3. Its cool to have sometimes as a work phone. keep the better one for personal use.

You're wrong. Apple outsells Sony significantly in Japan. The other markets Sony is not even close to beating out apple and samsung.

And Japanese xperia s are always tied to a carrier and must be sin unlocked.

you can just buy from sony shop in Ginza and it will be unlocked.. they have a market for unlocked phones too..

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sharp is also another low profile maker, looks like Japanese makers are all not focused on our market.

tbh, if you have 125m people, your own local market can sustain you. anything else is a bonus..

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
threads from other brands got posts daily.

threads in this Sony section.... LOL

sigh

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, heard that a lot too. Those sheeps are still buying fruity and sammy phones. :D

i think sony deserved it. they are slow to react to trends. everyone going for bezeless, their phone still thick and fat bezels.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even the Korean are starting to suffer lost compared to the China Phone Manufacturers. =:p

Sony haters FTW. I am not sure why but there is a substantial population around the world hating Sony, despite many of them not using Sony products.

Anyway, let me grab some popcorns. :D

smart alex

Master Member
Reaction score
To be precise, the fruity company cares about trend - their own trend.
Sony on the other hand, being conservative is in their DNA.

Japanese nvr good in making HP

look at all the past Sharp phone, Fujitsu phone etc etc

all cannot compete globally.

Everytime I visit a Sony shop, they will market their Sony phone main selling point as "made in Japan"

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Everytime I visit a Sony shop, they will market their Sony phone main selling point as "made in Japan"

i think its more of their ability/desire to break out of japan market and compete in the international scene

BTW so the next sony mobiles will be announced.... in MWC ah?

omelet

Reaction score

The past japanese Android phone from Sharp, Fujitsu ...etc were actually good.
They already made water resistant models before Sony does

Fujitsu had fingerprint before apple and then
Iris scanner before Samsung

Sharp had 120 hz display before Razer and iPad pro ..And also one of the earliest who had OIS camera. Also earliest to made bezeless phone.
Most of these brand also made it to 2 days battery life.

They never sell outside Japan doesn't mean not good.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The past japanese Android phone from Sharp, Fujitsu ...etc were actually good.
They already made water resistant models before Sony does

Fujitsu had fingerprint before apple and then
Iris scanner before Samsung

Sharp had 120 hz display before Razer and iPad pro ..And also one of the earliest who had OIS camera. Also earliest to made bezeless phone.
Most of these brand also made it to 2 days battery life.

They never sell outside Japan doesn't mean not good.

Cannot blame the younger crowd who are not familiar with Japanese phones or keitai, which are far more advanced prior to the birth of fruity phone.

Some are simply under the impression that if it does not sell well, it must be not good.

My fruity (work) phone is still not nice to use despite the high sales and revenue to the maker.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot blame the younger crowd who are not familiar with Japanese phones or keitai, which are far more advanced prior to the birth of fruity phone.

Some are simply under the impression that if it does not sell well, it must be not good.

My fruity (work) phone is still not nice to use despite the high sales and revenue to the maker.

Younger generation tend to follow what others use/buy.
Hence the term iSheep, Simon see Simon Fellow
For me at work, out of so many Sony/Sammy/Xiaomi user.
Only 1 Sony users which is myself and I got label as "Old-fashioned." :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.