HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony Xperia™ M5

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #331
High Supremacy Member

could it be your card? are you using the same card or a different card after the first incident?
Happened more than 6 months ago.

After that, I've changed new card and it happened a month ago and I reformat it. Then happens again a few days ago. Hai......
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #332
Great Supremacy Member

Happened more than 6 months ago.

After that, I've changed new card and it happened a month ago and I reformat it. Then happens again a few days ago. Hai......
Like that better to backup regularly I guess. I don't do much photography so very limited experience with the SD card.
Old 20-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #333
High Supremacy Member

This probably my last Sony mobile. I've been using this brand since Ericsson days, then Sony Ericsson. So much issues on this phone including the infamous battery problem (Auto shut down and hard to switch on).
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #334
Supremacy Member

Anyone encounter SD card corruption issues? I've encountered twice and all my photos gone. Cannot read and it ask me to format / erase it.

Thankfully, I went overseas few months ago, I've backup.
I don't have this issue, maybe do a reset after updating your phone to newest update?

lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #335

This probably my last Sony mobile. I've been using this brand since Ericsson days, then Sony Ericsson. So much issues on this phone including the infamous battery problem (Auto shut down and hard to switch on).
Same with me. I didn't want to go with the crowd chasing overpriced Apple and Samsung, so I tried to be different and chose Sony mid-range phones. Been using Sony Ericsson W910i, Sony Xperia J, Xperia M2, Xperia M4, and unfortunately Xperia M5.

M5 was my last Sony because of "sudden death" shutdown and other annoying issues. I bought the export set (when I sent my M4 for repair) and no warranty service in Singapore. It's dead now sitting inside my drawer.

I believe with their current financial situation Sony Mobile is unlikely to produce reliable future products. I switched to Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) and it was a good phone. Traded in my Sony Xperia M4 to discount for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0.

Last edited by sedona; 30-12-2016 at 03:08 PM..
sedona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #336

Finally the official Marshmallow update for SG version is out!!
BlueRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #337
Great Supremacy Member

Finally the official Marshmallow update for SG version is out!!
thanks for the heads up
Mystyque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #338
Great Supremacy Member

Anybody updated to the SG Marshmallow version already?

Can you still save photos to SD card directly? Or even find the option to change the storage location?
Old 19-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #339

Hi anyone with "camera being used by another app" error ?
Have tried the safe mode and it still doesn't work so most likely a hardware issue . Anyone send it for repair and what is repair cost and what parts is replace ? Or they replace with another refurbish set?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #340

what to do with my dead Xperia M5? should i just throw it away?

i see no point sending for repair. i had the old problematic auto-shutdown batch and still sitting in my drawer.

can't even power on. even if i keep charging power.
sedona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #341

what to do with my dead Xperia M5? should i just throw it away?

i see no point sending for repair. i had the old problematic auto-shutdown batch and still sitting in my drawer.

can't even power on. even if i keep charging power.
Not sure why yours cannot even power on, but for my case, I can still turn it on after connecting the charger.

If you manage to turn it on, you can try disable some band frequency to avoid the auto-shutdown issue. I heard there are some success with this method, but recipient will be worse.

But at least you still can use it rather than sitting in the drawer
BlueRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.