HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony Xperia™ M5

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #61
Arch-Supremacy Member

Adix selling at 590. Posted on shoppe and his fb. Wonder how's other street shop price at?

garychengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #62
Supremacy Member

Adix selling at 590. Posted on shoppe and his fb. Wonder how's other street shop price at?
red white 590 too... price should drop bah its Sony

hmm battery life is also a concern for me...

n it has overheating problem? is it serious ?

wentup to 40 degrees at one point
Old 08-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #63

wah hoping for someone to post a review of the m5... so far only negative reviews
Old 08-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #64

Bought an M5 last night. With the exception of initial installation which became hot, the phone never gets warm compared to my previous z3+ or s6. It runs as cool as my current Note 5.

Still too early to comment on the battery life. As for camera, focusing is fast but picture quality wise, it's just alright. Just not as impressive as the galaxy or note 5 camera. Cannot expect too much since it's an upper midrange phone, imo.

There's a slight stuttering when moving around pages on screen. It's not bad lag but it's there. Wifi reception is great. I'd expect that from xperia phones especially from their upper end models.. Hahaha..

Sound quality is acceptable but not outstanding in any way. A bit teeny high but loud enough. Btw, there's a firmware update ota already.

Jimmy38 likes this.

Last edited by colin27; 08-09-2015 at 12:09 PM..
colin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #65
Master Member

Bought an M5 last night. With the exception of initial installation which became hot, the phone never gets warm compared to my previous z3+ or s6. It runs as cool as my current Note 5.
Cool waiting for your review.

Dual or single SIM version?
elementz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=colin27;96399395]Bought an M5 last night. With the exception of initial installation which became hot, the phone never gets warm compared to my previous z3+ or s6. It runs as cool as my current Note 5.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #67

Cool waiting for your review.

Dual or single SIM version?
Single sim bro. A singtel one.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:26 PM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=colin27;96399710]Single sim bro. A singtel one.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #69
G4
Master Member

Still too early to comment on the battery life. As for camera, focusing is fast but picture quality wise, it's just alright. Just not as impressive as the galaxy or note 5 camera. Cannot expect too much since it's an upper midrange phone, imo.

There's a slight stuttering when moving around pages on screen. It's not bad lag but it's there. Wifi reception is great. I'd expect that from xperia phones especially from their upper end models.. Hahaha..

Sound quality is acceptable but not outstanding in any way. A bit teeny high but loud enough. Btw, there's a firmware update ota already.
can take a photo of green trees or leaves under sun? and will it take long to get ready for next photo shoot?
G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #70
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=colin27;96399395]Bought an M5 last night. With the exception of initial installation which became hot, the phone never gets warm compared to my previous z3+ or s6. It runs as cool as my current Note 5.

waterballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #71

can take a photo of green trees or leaves under sun? and will it take long to get ready for next photo shoot?
Yes, there's a slight pause for image processing before the next photo. Also, using touch to capture almost always produce better images compared to using the hard camera button (in my case anyway). I'm certainly not an avid photographer with a mobile phone. So far my photos were taken with the so called superior auto mode.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #72

[QUOTE=waterballoon;96402467]Nice... you got Black one?

Old 08-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #73

Tried taken by Sony Xperia M5. The autofocus mode is greatly improved and fast speed detection. I notice that before you shoot you might experience abit grainy effects hope they will solve soon after shooting the image process is much more sharper and natural to real life. Details are much more realistic.

Overall the phone might not be running on the best processor snapdragons but with the pricing given its still a good deals with Sony new camera sensors. Those who dun really wanna spent much. It is just like an Iphone 6 carnations.

Jimmy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

wentup to 40 degrees at one point
i see... but wah, i cannot understand cantonese at all man...

hmm ok, 40 degrees seems ok to me, as long as not overheat until our hands cant tahan it...
silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmmm da gold variant looks attractive, "kim dang dang"

now to decide between battery life n a larger screen...
silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.