Sony Xperia XZ

omelet

Reaction score
I had this issue also, happened on the second day only.. lol!
By any chance is your friend's XZ also a forest blue one?

Confirmed have to send to service centre for repair. I tried all sorts of troubleshooting methods, factory reset, glove mode on, no screen protector (didn't have one in the first place).

When I sent it in for repair, the officer didn't even check the phone, like it was no surprise..lol.

Nowadays, the front staff won't really check...I had sent a couple of accessories before and they will just accept your complain and take in to let their back end tech to do the checking...

Noted. I guess I will ask my friend first if want to send it for servicing. Thanks.

Maybe I should ask my friend to remove the tempered glass but need to find spare screen protector first...

Ok, will advice my friend to try that. Thanks.

Better send to service center if you're having hardware issue. My launch unit does not have this issue...

one things which i found out is that the stamina mode has to be switched off. but not confident enough to say that this solves the problem yet.

i noticed that this overheat warning will occur only when using the camera? this was shown during the first few days of getting the phone but now is alright.

The stamina mode should had already explained that it will reduce device performance to increase battery life...

I did notice a bug with stamina though, once activated, the UI frame rate will drop. But even after charging back up it does not increase the performance back to normal. A restart will fix it.

Anyway, I do not know if it has been fixed in current firmware as I no longer use stamina mode since it is no longer the same stamina as the past.

The Xperia camera seem to run higher temperature than in the past though it is much better than SD810 Xperias...you might want to try turning off save location in the camera app if you haven't already...

Unknownx

Reaction score
Better send to service center if you're having hardware issue. My launch unit does not have this issue...

Yup, already suggested that to my friend but I don't think she will be able to afford the downtime because she is a foreigner who bought it during business trip...

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He better go japan web site order better or got a japan friend or Whatsppls mobile lite

If I own a Xperia I will surely go for him although I go for him for my iOS stuffs hahahhah after left samsung crap I moved to iOS and neve looks back if I go back android I willl go sony

No, he doesn't have a shop front.

You're better off looking online (e.g. Qoo10, Lazada, Aliexpress) for cases. Not many local shops sell (nice) casings for Sony phones.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays, the front staff won't really check...I had sent a couple of accessories before and they will just accept your complain and take in to let their back end tech to do the checking...

The stamina mode should had already explained that it will reduce device performance to increase battery life...

I did notice a bug with stamina though, once activated, the UI frame rate will drop. But even after charging back up it does not increase the performance back to normal. A restart will fix it.

Anyway, I do not know if it has been fixed in current firmware as I no longer use stamina mode since it is no longer the same stamina as the past.

The Xperia camera seem to run higher temperature than in the past though it is much better than SD810 Xperias...you might want to try turning off save location in the camera app if you haven't already...

The new stamina mode is very bad... It disable auto syncing with my gmail. So I need to actually open the gmail app, pull down to get email. There's no more pushing

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
The new stamina mode is very bad... It disable auto syncing with my gmail. So I need to actually open the gmail app, pull down to get email. There's no more pushing

That kinda suck haha. But the stamina mode do help to save quite a lot of battery when in need haha.

omelet

Reaction score

You might have to include gmail in the battery optimization as not optimized. Or set it to activate only when it reach 15% or something...or just not use stamina mode at all...

There is already native doze mode in android 6/7 anyway which replaces the original stamina mode...the current stamina seem like a much more aggressive version of it...

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You might have to include gmail in the battery optimization as not optimized. Or set it to activate only when it reach 15% or something...or just not use stamina mode at all...

There is already native doze mode in android 6/7 anyway which replaces the original stamina mode...the current stamina seem like a much more aggressive version of it...

I disabled it..

setting exceptions did not help

Reaction score
Thanks all for helping me out with the cover. End up I just went to Qoo10 and got a cheapo one first, haha. See how, hope something better show up later. Thanks again!

Kestat

Reaction score
Is the local Nougat update out already? zzz so long...

Just checked with Singtel and Sony Singapore...It may take months for the Nougat update to arrive here. Find it very disappointing to hear Singtel telling me that at times the update depends on the number of users here in Singapore. I just find that unacceptable. And I told them so but to no avail...who asked me to buy Sony??

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just checked with Singtel and Sony Singapore...It may take months for the Nougat update to arrive here. Find it very disappointing to hear Singtel telling me that at times the update depends on the number of users here in Singapore. I just find that unacceptable. And I told them so but to no avail...who asked me to buy Sony??

like that how? so few sony users in sg..

Kestat

Reaction score

From Sony website..
Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

Sucks right? In Any case, I just updated mine to Nougat successfully. Kudos to hush66 for the heads up :)

Last edited:

omelet

Reaction score
From Sony website..
Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

Sucks right? In Any case, I just updated mine to Nougat successfully. Kudos to hush66 for the heads up :)

Updates had always been pretty quick for Singapore, like around same day to a week within first news...until around 2-3 months ago when every update for SG's Xperia seem to have stopped not just the XZ...:eek:

Calander

Reaction score

yea. so few sony users. still can remember the time i bought z5 from sitex and went to those accessories booths (not singtel related booths) to ask for z5 screen protector, the lady did not even know what is z5 :s16:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
that's one of the major hurdles for android - speed of software updates.

with so many android devices running different hardware n software versions, telcos and even android vendors themselves have to decide which to focus on. if they have to test each and every software update for every android handset, too much time n resources.

sometimes i wonder how Apple does it for their iPhones and bypass telcos.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's one of the major hurdles for android - speed of software updates.

with so many android devices running different hardware n software versions, telcos and even android vendors themselves have to decide which to focus on. if they have to test each and every software update for every android handset, too much time n resources.

sometimes i wonder how Apple does it for their iPhones and bypass telcos.

apple does the "my way or the highway" method..

then again there's iTunes.. can just push everything through that..

anw, how to change/flash different country firmware? If I'm gonna have to do that, im just gonna change to jp firmware then update to nougat..

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
apple does the "my way or the highway" method..

then again there's iTunes.. can just push everything through that..

anw, how to change/flash different country firmware? If I'm gonna have to do that, im just gonna change to jp firmware then update to nougat..

JP firmwares don't work on our sets. You need to flash a firmware that's the exact same model.

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi using india firmware nougat i keep on kena time machine back to 1970 hhhha anyone else kena the same?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.