Sony Xperia XZ3

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Been complaining since which generation of xperia? Sensor is ok, lens is ok, but Sony just can't get the camera software right. This is the same team that did the software on the alpha.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sony removed the 3.5mm jack as they are pushing for wireless headphone, which can be seen with Sony releasing more wireless headphones in recent times and lesser wired headphones.

64GB is indeed quite little, would be better to make 128GB as the standard or introduce as a variant complementing the 64GB variant.

Sony is probably learning the same strategy as Samsung, with the more premium model having dual lens. The Galaxy S9 has single lens, while S9+ has dual lens. However, more lens doesn't necessarily equate to better image quality too.

This one.
https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/featured-headphones/muc-m2bt1

Plus this one.
https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/in-ear-headphones/xba-n3

Expensive i know. But easily beat most of the wireless like airpod and such out there.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Number of lenses =/= quality

Remember the megapixel race? :D

my dslr is 13mp. but it can take better pics than a phone cam. just that I need to manually photoshop instead of using filters..

and btw, just incase none of you yet know,

sony supplies the camera hardware to most of the smartphone manufacturers these days.

that includes apple and Samsung...

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Apple use Sony sensor. Samsung use a mix of theirs and Sony.

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xz2 camera is very good. The colors reproduction is very close to Alpha cameras. I was a bit shocked when I saw the outputs from it, wasn't expecting much.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been complaining since which generation of xperia? Sensor is ok, lens is ok, but Sony just can't get the camera software right. This is the same team that did the software on the alpha.
To me, purposely one la.
See now Sony alpha series. Very good now. Beating Nikon and Canon.

SeanPC

Reaction score
I think Xz3 really not selling here. Can see from tw and hk FB, they are releasing soon.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sent a message to Sony mobile and they replied they have no idea about the release date in sg too.

If by next week still no idea I'll get a note 9.

My phone has been badly damaged since August and I'm in great need of a new phone

SeanPC

Reaction score
Sent a message to Sony mobile and they replied they have no idea about the release date in sg too.

If by next week still no idea I'll get a note 9.

My phone has been badly damaged since August and I'm in great need of a new phone

Most likely not selling here. No marketing done so far.

jt2901

Reaction score
Likely will sell.. just when... Even for xz2, tw,hi,cn all get it first. So have a little patience.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Just saw the prices in TW and HK, about 1165 sgd. The freebies are less impressive than US and UK tho, where they're giving the Xperia DUO BT TWS earphones.

6Gb ram though...

Now also deciding if i should go back to being Sambody.. S9+ seems to be fairly evenly matched..

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw the prices in TW and HK, about 1165 sgd. The freebies are less impressive than US and UK tho, where they're giving the Xperia DUO BT TWS earphones.

6Gb ram though...

Now also deciding if i should go back to being Sambody.. S9+ seems to be fairly evenly matched..

You can get SG warranty set Note 9 for around $1000.. S9 Plus for probably lesser.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

6Gb ram though...

Specifications and freebies aside, I would prefer the almost stock android UI of Sony which is more smooth and lag-free.
Based on history, recent Sony phones typically do not slow down after firmware updates.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
You can get SG warranty set Note 9 for around $1000.. S9 Plus for probably lesser.

Right now i'm actually waiting to recontract so if going Samplace then will just get from telco. About 400 for s9+ only.

Specifications and freebies aside, I would prefer the almost stock android UI of Sony which is more smooth and lag-free.
Based on history, recent Sony phones typically do not slow down after firmware updates.

I know.. Plus this is literally the most promising Sony phone to date after the Z3. I watched some reviews to see if I can find reasons to switch but ended up quite convinced to get it.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Right now i'm actually waiting to recontract so if going Samplace then will just get from telco. About 400 for s9+ only.

I know.. Plus this is literally the most promising Sony phone to date after the Z3. I watched some reviews to see if I can find reasons to switch but ended up quite convinced to get it.

I think you'll not regret switching to note 9 or s9. Coming from someone who is using Sony for a long time... Looks like I'll be staying as a Sammy fan for quite sometime :)

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
XZ3 was on sony sg website so I hope it will be here. The most gorgeous looking phone sony has made. I always preferred the compact series as I don't like to carry a bricksize phone out, but wil make an exception for XZ3 if avail.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I think you'll not regret switching to note 9 or s9. Coming from someone who is using Sony for a long time... Looks like I'll be staying as a Sammy fan for quite sometime :)

Seems like Samphone has a whole lot of customisability now. Can make it behave like the Xperia at least. Is there an Xperia skin for sammy?

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like Samphone has a whole lot of customisability now. Can make it behave like the Xperia at least. Is there an Xperia skin for sammy?

Why bother to buy a phone and customise it to behave like another?
Just buy a Sony phone. :D

Unless you like ios interface but prefer to use android, then that is called xiaomi.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.