Sony XZ2 series official thread. The NEW Z is here.

omelet

Reaction score
Just played with it...and yeah the fingerprint reader too low...
Other then that, it was a pretty nice phone.
Solid build and display.

The speaker is alot louder now, and I really liked the new vibrator alot..felt like rumble on dualshock 4 :s13:
Very tempted to get this for gaming...

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Saw the compact at nex... The screen is abit smaller than my xzs, which is hardly noticeable... But the overall phone size is reduced alot.. It's really a compact phone now with 5“ display which is big enough for me...

Xz2 not as bulky as xzp, but I stil prefer the compact size...

Black looks the most chio but looks like fruit phone.. The green is most unique... The silver on display at nex is good looking too... Can't decide which color to buy...

omelet

Reaction score
Saw the compact at nex... The screen is abit smaller than my xzs, which is hardly noticeable... But the overall phone size is reduced alot.. It's really a compact phone now with 5“ display which is big enough for me...

Black looks the most chio but looks like fruit phone.. The green is most unique... The silver on display at nex is good looking too... Can't decide which color to buy...

Agree, the compact is really compact now...:s13:
But I like the vibrator so standard XZ2 is the one I will go for...

The phone touch response and performance seem to have improved as well over the XZ premium...

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solid build and display.

The speaker is alot louder now, and I really liked the new vibrator alot..felt like rumble on dualshock 4 :s13:

If there's something like Face ID then can don't use the fingerprint on XZ2. :s13:

SeanPC

Reaction score
Solid build and display.

yeah the finger scanner is abit too low and better sound and vibration.

SeanPC

Reaction score

I will get the black.

SeanPC

Reaction score
Agree, the compact is really compact now...:s13:
But I like the vibrator so standard XZ2 is the one I will go for...

The phone touch response and performance seem to have improved as well over the XZ premium...
Sony is getting better.

SeanPC

Reaction score
All their standard Z/XZ series have been 998 if not wrong...only Premium series has been 1098..
xz1 is 898 and xzp is 1098. now xz2 is 998 hence xzp2 will be 1198. the diff will be around 200.

omelet

Reaction score
xz1 is 898 and xzp is 1098. now xz2 is 998 hence xzp2 will be 1198. the diff will be around 200.

Just did some search, seem like I remembered wrong as I have been seeing 998 for very long time with the original Z series...:o
Seem like Sony reduced the price during XZ series and now increased back..:s13:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did some search, seem like I remembered wrong as I have been seeing 998 for very long time with the original Z series... :o

Seem like Sony reduced the price during XZ series and now increased back.. :s13:
XZ1 was the only time when it's not priced as the usual $998, but $898. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.